• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

What games do you play right now?

Garrincha

Wilf Zaha Aficionado
Trusted ⭐
This is pretty ****ing crazy. Might be seeing an unprecedented arms race for developers with the new consoles.

A 8 billion deal.

Gegen Pressing

Yep. All spent over the last 2 years on buying packs. I literally spent £200 on Tuesday just so I can complete a weak Madolche deck.
These micro transactions... worse than gambling.

the micro transactions is exactly genius. You buy a game upfront 39$ in the old model.

Now it's free upfront but you spend much more on micro purchases that accumulate to 39$/month . I know my 12 year olds spend 99$ on their dads credit cards per week if I didn't create some virtual mastercards that can I limit dammage to 5$ per week and get alerted from my phone.

Manberg

Predator
the micro transactions is exactly genius. You buy a game upfront 39$ in the old model.

Now it's free upfront but you spend much more on micro purchases that accumulate to 39$/month . I know my 12 year olds spend 99$ on their dads credit cards per week if I didn't create some virtual mastercards that can I limit dammage to 5$ per week and get alerted from my phone.

Very responsible and clever for you to do that. For most it will accumulate to a lot more than 39 a month. When you’re playing the game and using it, it just doesn’t feel like you’re spending money. These game developers and apple/google (which take a significant cut of all micro-transactions) must be making so much dough off these micro transactions alone

Penn_

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Guessing Microsoft is just trying to increase its value of paid subscriptions with the acquisition of Bethesda. With the exception of Elder Scrolls none of their titles are system sellers.

Wonder what will happen with Deathloop post launch.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

Decided to give Far Cry 5 a go and so far so I'm really liking it. Haven't exactly played much but it seems like my type of game.

blaze_of_glory

I'm back on Ghost of Tsushima now that the Legends co-op expansion has dropped. I was going to cancel my PS+ but might have to keep it for a few months more now.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

Decided to give Far Cry 5 a go and so far so I'm really liking it. Haven't exactly played much but it seems like my type of game.

Changed my mind I'm not sure about this at all. Seems to be a few bugs for starters. Also don't like the driving mechanics and not sold on the combat as in the guns either. I find myself constantly comparing it to GTA in that regard and sadly this fall's well short. Similarly to a game like Fallout when it comes to exploring and stuff like that. Also when I throw a grenade the enemy just seems to stand and wait for it to explore and kill them which is incredibly stupid.

Flying Okapis

Most Well-Known Member
Changed my mind I'm not sure about this at all. Seems to be a few bugs for starters. Also don't like the driving mechanics and not sold on the combat as in the guns either. I find myself constantly comparing it to GTA in that regard and sadly this fall's well short. Similarly to a game like Fallout when it comes to exploring and stuff like that. Also when I throw a grenade the enemy just seems to stand and wait for it to explore and kill them which is incredibly stupid.

Yep the game gets tedious, the AI are pretty dumb and they are the same enemy over and over again, they also get very annoying as you will be doing something and a helicopter tracks you and just gets on your nerves.

Its also takes you right out the games immersion when you got this hillbilly cult having more numbers than an army and better resources.

The only thing I will say though is the ending is brilliant if you can get to it, I think I ended up YouTubing it though as the repetition got too much..

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
I think I may have said it before in here, but Death Stranding really is a nice game. The missus stopped playing it for ages but fired it up again recently. It seems to get better and better as you progress. The story and characters look interesting too. If you're struggling for a game to play, just buy it and play it! Just checked the ratings to make sure I wasn't hallucinating and it's highly rated too fwiw.

Penn_

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Death Stranding has a bit of a niche audience, you have to really enjoy story based games to get something out of it. Otherwise it really is a bit of walking/delivery sim.

Does Red Dead 2 get any better gameplay wise? On Chapter 2/3 but struggling to get any enjoyment from it. The overall gameplay is so slow and everything is a bloody animation.

Flying Okapis

Most Well-Known Member
Death Stranding has a bit of a niche audience, you have to really enjoy story based games to get something out of it. Otherwise it really is a bit of walking/delivery sim.

Does Red Dead 2 get any better gameplay wise? On Chapter 2/3 but struggling to get any enjoyment from it. The overall gameplay is so slow and everything is a bloody animation.

Yes and no, if I remember correctly the game does open up the further you go BUT I know I bailed pretty early in the game and didn't get past the part where there is a family living in a big house in the countryside who have a Romeo & Juliet kind of story with the daughter.

The game was just to slow for me and although I recognise for some it must be one of the best games ever it just seemed dull in my opinion, in the end I think I just YouTube'd how it all ended and saved myself the time playing it.

L3T5 PL4Y

Flair Accuser
Playing Mafia definitive edition atm. Its fun and more interesting than Mafia 3.

I'm waiting for Fifa 21 really now that its moddable but I need to manage 5k to buy it.

Oh_Snap

The gameplay doesn't really get better. The World and the Story is basically the game, Combat is ok-ish but not what the game is about imho. The Story gets insanely dramatic from Chapter 4 onwards, so just try to push it. I never felt so much after completing a video game, the emotions towards the end .. ugh. I spent days & weeks just exploring the World, every little shack, there's so many easter eggs and stuff to find. And i personally absolutly enjoyed that they just stepped on the breaks and made the game "slow". Everything is hectic nowadays. If u have a high end pc, i think it's the most beautiful game ever made. Even the animals have daily routines, Eagles catching Snakes, Bucks fighting using their antlers etc.

On another Topic: Cyberpunk 2077 got delayed AGAIN, and i filed my vacation days today for it.

L3T5 PL4Y

Flair Accuser
I just finished Mafia definitive edition. Downloading Assassin's Creed Odyssey and Origins along with RDR2. RDR won't run probably and its huge. 82gb.

L3T5 PL4Y

Flair Accuser
Downloading Sekiro too. Is RDR really worth playing? I've badly wanted to play it but from the looks of it the gameplay doesn't seem all that compelling.

Top Bottom