• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

What games do you play right now?

Flying Okapis

Most Well-Known Member
I just finished Mafia definitive edition. Downloading Assassin's Creed Odyssey and Origins along with RDR2. RDR won't run probably and its huge. 82gb.

There is no way you can play AC Odyssey and RDR2 at the same time, no man on this planet has that amount of time :lol:

Just to touch on AC Odyssey, the game is huge; I was playing it for some time, put a decent amount of hours in and I won't go into too much detail for fear of spoilers but it got to a point where a massive part of the game opens up which made me realise how long this is going to take, I must have put 30hrs in I imagine before I I got there and realised how little progress I had made.

Can't wait for Vikings though!

Penn_

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Does anyone actually enjoy these massive 150 hour games? Most of the content is recycled or just the same basic quests.

blaze_of_glory

Does anyone actually enjoy these massive 150 hour games? Most of the content is recycled or just the same basic quests.
Depends the game. A lot of these open world games are very samey and generic, i.e. the Ubisoft games.

But if they get it right like with Witcher 3, Red Dead or Ghost of Tsushima (the latter being quite a bit shorter than 150 hrs actually) then it can stay engaging the whole time.

L3T5 PL4Y

Flair Accuser
There is no way you can play AC Odyssey and RDR2 at the same time, no man on this planet has that amount of time :lol:

Just to touch on AC Odyssey, the game is huge; I was playing it for some time, put a decent amount of hours in and I won't go into too much detail for fear of spoilers but it got to a point where a massive part of the game opens up which made me realise how long this is going to take, I must have put 30hrs in I imagine before I I got there and realised how little progress I had made.

Can't wait for Vikings though!
Which one from RDR and Odyssey has the best storyline?

I've started playing Sekiro too and it seems fun so far even though there seems to be no compelling story.

Flying Okapis

Most Well-Known Member
Which one from RDR and Odyssey has the best storyline?

I've started playing Sekiro too and it seems fun so far even though there seems to be no compelling story.

To be honest I finished neither, I imagine if you was to get invested in the story telling its RDR2, but I did start skipping the dialogue on both, it got to the point for me where I started thinking 'will you just shut up' and let me play the damn game.

I enjoyed the story of Odyssey as well though, it has some good elements, reason I bailed on Odyssey is I started playing Ghost Recon Wildlands as I wanted a narcotic story in a game and playing Odyssey and Wildland just doesn't work as they are both massive, after Wildlands I saw the trailer for Valhalla and thought I'd just wait for that as I prefer Vikings over ancient Greece.

When my Xbox Series X gets here on the 10th I will start Valhalla.

Cyberpunk also looks cool but has been delayed which actually works for me.

Flying Okapis

Most Well-Known Member
GTA IV is the only game of this type I invested in like that. My wife and I tried to play the Zelda on Switch and we gave up. The world is too big.

Zelda is honestly a different calibre of game, I grew up with Ocarina of Time so have a soft spot for them but that Zelda game on switch is so ambitious, its crazy how far Nintendo keep pushing it, I wish they would put them on all consoles as I feel everyone should get the chance to play them but thats obviously not going to happen.

Can understand there not for everyone but Jesus you missed out on that one :lol:

Keplaz

Zelda is honestly a different calibre of game, I grew up with Ocarina of Time so have a soft spot for them but that Zelda game on switch is so ambitious, its crazy how far Nintendo keep pushing it, I wish they would put them on all consoles as I feel everyone should get the chance to play them but thats obviously not going to happen.

Can understand there not for everyone but Jesus you missed out on that one :lol:
I grew up on Zelda too. I've played Ocarina of time and my first Zelda game was Link to the Past, showing my age a bit. Spent months on that game!

My issue with Breath of the wild is the vastness of the world. Which sounds silly but it's too non linear for me. The world is so massive and missions can be done on almost any order.

We don't have the time for a game that big anymore. And I'm 100% in the minority but I didn't enjoy it.

Flying Okapis

Most Well-Known Member
I grew up on Zelda too. I've played Ocarina of time and my first Zelda game was Link to the Past, showing my age a bit. Spent months on that game!

My issue with Breath of the wild is the vastness of the world. Which sounds silly but it's too non linear for me. The world is so massive and missions can be done on almost any order.

We don't have the time for a game that big anymore. And I'm 100% in the minority but I didn't enjoy it.

Oh yeah its definitely far from controlling your destination, you can literally go fight the end boss in the first 5mins of the game if you choose to.

I get what your saying about time though, I did play it during a 2 week holiday mainly.

L3T5 PL4Y

Flair Accuser
To be honest I finished neither, I imagine if you was to get invested in the story telling its RDR2, but I did start skipping the dialogue on both, it got to the point for me where I started thinking 'will you just shut up' and let me play the damn game.

I enjoyed the story of Odyssey as well though, it has some good elements, reason I bailed on Odyssey is I started playing Ghost Recon Wildlands as I wanted a narcotic story in a game and playing Odyssey and Wildland just doesn't work as they are both massive, after Wildlands I saw the trailer for Valhalla and thought I'd just wait for that as I prefer Vikings over ancient Greece.

When my Xbox Series X gets here on the 10th I will start Valhalla.

Cyberpunk also looks cool but has been delayed which actually works for me.
Can't wait for Valhala either. Have you played AC Origins?

Flying Okapis

Most Well-Known Member
Can't wait for Valhala either. Have you played AC Origins?

I haven't, I played the early AC games which were pretty bad and off putting, tried giving them another try throughout the years and none of them clicked with me until I played Odyssey, I suppose I'm in the camp that prefers this new style of AC games and not what they were.

Valhalla appears to follow the Odyssey style which will be great plus I enjoy Viking related stuff so hopefully this game is ideal.

Oh_Snap

For the mass effect fans (happy n7-day!) - today will be a podcast by bioware with the voice cast of the original trilogy - probably announcing a remaster.

Penn_

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
For the mass effect fans (happy n7-day!) - today will be a podcast by bioware with the voice cast of the original trilogy - probably announcing a remaster.

Looks like they’re pretending Andromeda never happened.

Flying Okapis

Most Well-Known Member
Currently in Megaris trying to finish the Wolf meeting quest but I die as soon as I enter the war arena and have no idea what to do. I'm on level 10 atm.

Ah ok, the map is huge but there is another part I can't remember how long in that opens up a **** load of stuff in general which I then thought this game is going to take me forever.

L3T5 PL4Y

Flair Accuser
Ah ok, the map is huge but there is another part I can't remember how long in that opens up a **** load of stuff in general which I then thought this game is going to take me forever.
Yeah, it seems you need to get to a certain level for quests to open up and there's quite a high number of levels to reach. Lately I've been moving around in places around Megaris and some mega animal or mega villain kills me in an instant. Its great though.

Valhala is out now btw.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom