• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

What games do you play right now?

carter777

Thinks Poch Is The GOAT

Player:Saka
Microsoft really just swinging their big money d**k around dropping 70 billion on Activision/Blizzard.

GoonerJeeves

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

The Long Dark - has been a favourite as of late. It can be played as a straightforward survival game with various difficulty levels, or it can be played in story mode, which turns it into an adventure game.

It's been a great game for me.

Rain Dance

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Sniper Elite IV - I played Sniper Elite 1 & 2 so I noticed there are many things being made easier in SE IV than those games, but if you are looking for a game to watch gore in slow motion, this is actually pretty good.

weirdly satisfying watching slow-motion of your bullet destroying someone's balls

Flying Okapis

Most Well-Known Member
Sniper Elite IV - I played Sniper Elite 1 & 2 so I noticed there are many things being made easier in SE IV than those games, but if you are looking for a game to watch gore in slow motion, this is actually pretty good.

weirdly satisfying watching slow-motion of your bullet destroying someone's balls

Cant remember which one I played but when I did play it all I wanted to do was the sniping parts but there were so many bits where you are just shooting people with the standard assault rifles you get in every war game for long periods of time.

Got bored and gave up with it.

Slow mo stuff was good though.

Oh_Snap

Got Elden Ring today, around 6 hours in. It's a good game. But i really don't see where the 10/10s are coming from. As a PC-Player, once again, i feel neglected in regards of controls - having to share the "call horse" button with potions f.e. is just a big f u. And also i'd like to hotkey all the potions btw. Gamepad is no option for me as my hands just start to hurt after 1-2 hours.

The graphic is just ok (encoutered stuttering multiple times, luckily only on smaller enemies), Artstyle is superb though. The animal animations are pretty lame, looks like a game from 2015 at times. And that u can't compare items that u are about to buy with what you already wear, you don't even have a *little* questbook, yikes.

GoonerJeeves

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Got Elden Ring today, around 6 hours in. It's a good game. But i really don't see where the 10/10s are coming from. As a PC-Player, once again, i feel neglected in regards of controls - having to share the "call horse" button with potions f.e. is just a big f u. And also i'd like to hotkey all the potions btw. Gamepad is no option for me as my hands just start to hurt after 1-2 hours.

The graphic is just ok (encoutered stuttering multiple times, luckily only on smaller enemies), Artstyle is superb though. The animal animations are pretty lame, looks like a game from 2015 at times. And that u can't compare items that u are about to buy with what you already wear, you don't even have a *little* questbook, yikes.
I was thinking about getting it for the xbox x, but I'm somewhat miffed with the lack of adjustments for difficulty.

Flying Okapis

Most Well-Known Member

I was thinking about getting it for the xbox x, but I'm somewhat miffed with the lack of adjustments for difficulty.

I also looked at getting this on Xbox X so started looking at gameplay videos and reviews, I just dont get the hype, ok I get the story/world building may be good but it looks awful for a 2022 game, the combat also looks ridiculously bad.

Also I dont care for games that have this level of difficulty but have the same repetitive combat, cant really explain it well but the difficulty is ramped up via big health bars and power hits for your opponents BUT they still follow the same pattern of attack every time, no mixing it up or outsmarting you its more like one touch and you're dead if you miss time some reaction or button press, for me thats not good gameplay thats more like playing one of those dancing mat games.

grange

Losing my brain cells 🥸

Player:Havertz
I just dont get the hype, ok I get the story/world building may be good but it looks awful for a 2022 game, the combat also looks ridiculously bad.
Unfortunately, FromSoft has gotten a bit of cult like in terms of fandom. The game looks like a high end PS3 game, tbh. I do appreciate that developers still create challenging games that are Souls-like but they just aren't for me.

However, fans of the these games really love Elden Ring like @Harz posted. Everybody who was already a fan and waiting for this release are satisfied saying it's one of the best games in their lineup.

It's interesting how polarizing opinions are on the game.

Harz

Unfortunately, FromSoft has gotten a bit of cult like in terms of fandom. The game looks like a high end PS3 game, tbh. I do appreciate that developers still create challenging games that are Souls-like but they just aren't for me.

However, fans of the these games really love Elden Ring like @Harz posted. Everybody who was already a fan and waiting for this release are satisfied saying it's one of the best games in their lineup.

It's interesting how polarizing opinions are on the game.
It was never about graphics, and I doubt it'll ever be. Bloodborne looked best for its time, but that was due to Japan Studio's involvement.

It's the art direction, lore being hidden away in item descriptions and weird NPC dialogues, and delicate vertical & circular level design for me that makes the difference.

Honestly, they're never as hard as people make them sound. Once you apply yourself and show a bit of patience, it becomes rudimentary.

Oh_Snap

Disagree with this, I get your point that gameplay is key but for me I expect a full package and that includes graphics pushed to the max on my Series X.

For me it just helps with immersion.
Gotta be honest though, Elden Ring has not the best graphics but the artstyle, now that i have over 80 hours in, is *chefs kiss*. it works well for the game. It gets a pass here for me. But i push away games that don't meet neither the artstyle nor graphic criteria. no mans sky or outer worlds f.e., which i started playing after rdr2 & cyberpunk, didn't meet that criteria.

regarding Elden Ring, i still dont get half the time what the game actually wants me to do next. it just feels artificially difficult. i'm still using an early found twinblade which i upgraded a lot. found another rare twinblade and i dont even know if i should upgrade or not. the materials are rather rare, everything costs runes (souls) and u can't just test stuff out and then reload. same for the respecs - yeah it's possible but it costs a special item which is pretty damn rare as well. kinda wanna start a new game again but also wanna beat the game at some point. Would still say it's worth the money, very unique game which takes a lot of patience.

Harz

Disagree with this, I get your point that gameplay is key but for me I expect a full package and that includes graphics pushed to the max on my Series X.

For me it just helps with immersion.
To each their own but sadly there's only so much they can do. If FromSoftware spent as much time on graphics they wouldn't be able to spend as much time on level design, art style, bug testing, combat dynamics etc.

Also, DS 2 was similarly affected by being cross-generation. I bet their next Sony exclusive for PS5 will have excellent graphics since Japan Studio will help again and Sony likes to flex their machine's capabilities when it comes to exclusives.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom