• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

What games do you play right now?

Rain Dance

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Hearts of Iron IV

I never played Hearts of Iron series before, I tried Crusader Kings II but decided I am not interested after a few hours. I bought HoI4 on a whim cause of a sale and ... I have fun.

con : you don't expect graphic like Elden Ring or heck, Stellaris or Endless Space. HoI4 is a somewhat spreadsheet game, graphic is kinda like Civilization series but you will be mostly looking at a standstill image looking at spreadsheet of your factory producing logistics

pro : once you learn how to play from youtube tutorials (yes, there's no in-game tutorials), you can shape World War 2 whatever you want. I had Hitler suddenly got assassinated in 1937, I played the Japanese and had a war with China and fought side by side with Mao Zedong, and I don't what else things could become

TLDR : this is probably not a game for you, but if you wanted to change WW2 history. Give it a try. It's satisfying when I planned an invasion force and rolled Poland with Blitzkrieg.

Do watch youtube tutorials before playing or like me, you will be confused

Rain Dance

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
It was never about graphics, and I doubt it'll ever be. Bloodborne looked best for its time, but that was due to Japan Studio's involvement.

It's the art direction, lore being hidden away in item descriptions and weird NPC dialogues, and delicate vertical & circular level design for me that makes the difference.

Honestly, they're never as hard as people make them sound. Once you apply yourself and show a bit of patience, it becomes rudimentary.
this, exactly this

if you want to play a hard game, play Roguelike game. Play something like FTL (Faster Than Light)

GoonerJeeves

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Hearts of Iron IV

I never played Hearts of Iron series before, I tried Crusader Kings II but decided I am not interested after a few hours. I bought HoI4 on a whim cause of a sale and ... I have fun.

con : you don't expect graphic like Elden Ring or heck, Stellaris or Endless Space. HoI4 is a somewhat spreadsheet game, graphic is kinda like Civilization series but you will be mostly looking at a standstill image looking at spreadsheet of your factory producing logistics

pro : once you learn how to play from youtube tutorials (yes, there's no in-game tutorials), you can shape World War 2 whatever you want. I had Hitler suddenly got assassinated in 1937, I played the Japanese and had a war with China and fought side by side with Mao Zedong, and I don't what else things could become

TLDR : this is probably not a game for you, but if you wanted to change WW2 history. Give it a try. It's satisfying when I planned an invasion force and rolled Poland with Blitzkrieg.

Do watch youtube tutorials before playing or like me, you will be confused
I played Hearts of Iron II, but gave up on it. Crusader Kings is my go to strategy series. It takes a lot of humble pie for a Norwegian to praise anything Swedish, but Paradox Entertainment is the exception that proves the rule.

I'll give the IV a go. Your advice to look for videos to understand their games is straight to the point.

Flying Okapis

Most Well-Known Member
I played Hearts of Iron II, but gave up on it. Crusader Kings is my go to strategy series. It takes a lot of humble pie for a Norwegian to praise anything Swedish, but Paradox Entertainment is the exception that proves the rule.

I'll give the IV a go. Your advice to look for videos to understand their games is straight to the point.

Just downloaded Crusader Kings 3 from Xbox Game Pass, havent got the time to start it yet but its on the list, any tips?

Dokaka

AM's resident Hammer
Just downloaded Crusader Kings 3 from Xbox Game Pass, havent got the time to start it yet but its on the list, any tips?

Got a decent tutorial in game actually, won't make you an expert but enough to get the basics in place. The type of game you want to learn through mistakes anyway; mistakes are after all part of the story.

You just need to be in the right headspace when you boot it up, it's quite a daunting game to learn.

Flying Okapis

Most Well-Known Member
Got a decent tutorial in game actually, won't make you an expert but enough to get the basics in place. The type of game you want to learn through mistakes anyway; mistakes are after all part of the story.

You just need to be in the right headspace when you boot it up, it's quite a daunting game to learn.

Still havent played it, got it downloaded and ready but some games just need that time and headspace like you said.

I'm an in and out gamer at the moment, dip in for less than an hour at a time.

krackpot

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Finally trying out Stellaris. Got it in a sale.

It's a brilliant concept but needs a lot of DLC to work properly.

krackpot

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
I played vanilla and it was okay, no need for DLC.
I tried for a month but it didn't really immerse me. Nothing happens if you don't do anything first.

Then i got Utopia DLC (for about 87% discount) and it made the game a lot better.

Maybe it is because my playstyle is very reactionary 🥱. I need the game to make me do things.

Rain Dance

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
I tried for a month but it didn't really immerse me. Nothing happens if you don't do anything first.

Then i got Utopia DLC (for about 87% discount) and it made the game a lot better.

Maybe it is because my playstyle is very reactionary 🥱. I need the game to make me do things.
hmm different experience, when I played first run I tried the peaceful Earth Federation route, and of course the bloody chickens declared war on me and once I pounded them the rest of them also declared war

Of course, there's no other choice then to restart the game, pick the Empire of Man and started the purge. My most annoying rival? The Earth Federation...

krackpot

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
hmm different experience, when I played first run I tried the peaceful Earth Federation route, and of course the bloody chickens declared war on me and once I pounded them the rest of them also declared war

Of course, there's no other choice then to restart the game, pick the Empire of Man and started the purge. My most annoying rival? The Earth Federation...
hahaha! That's so typical of Stellaris/Civ.

The moment I decide to sit in a corner, I get some idiotic snail declaring war on me.

images

NieThePiet

Loves Overhyping Our Rivals
Finally Platinum on Marvel's Spiderman and Horizon Zero Dawn. Miles Morales needs New Game + for Platinum, so they can f*ck off.

Finally i can start playing 2022 games. Need to finish Elden Ring and Horizon Forbidden West before God of War.

alex.wen

Cuphead, any racing game, Sekiro, Retro Bowl and for some reason I cannot get into Call of Duty Cold War. I find this installment really different to the rest of them. I really struggle with it (even though there’s no really completing it)

Last edited by a moderator:

Vinci

The Sultan of Unai

Anyone been playing Warhammer Darktide?

Like it so far, still not entirely finished game tho I feel.

MauveGunner

Player:Rice
Just finished GoW Ragnarok, man what a game that was. Perfect ending to the Norse era.
In the meantime I've also completed Pokémon Violet.
Downloaded Star Wars: Jedi Fallen order. Been having fun with it.
Also started playing SWTOR and Digimon Cyber Sleuth again.

Clrnc

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Tomiyasu
Been awhile since I played FM, started a new season on FM22 (probably inspired by how competitive Arsenal is these days). Did a few tweaks to my lineup, surprisingly the end result of the top 2 was probably quite close to reality (or I hope so).

Untitled.jpg
Untitled1.jpg

Top Bottom