• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

What has *really* changed from Emery to Arteta?

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
It’s too early to say really, and the way the season is going to finish won’t give us a true impression.

One thing Arteta has brought is a (probably misguided) sense of hope.
Came to post what your last sentence said, only I don’t believe hope can be ‘misguided’. Hope is pure. You can never say hope is wrong or misguided. If your hope isn’t rewarded, you just move on in search of more hope.

You can live 100 years without water, but you can’t survive for an hour on AM without hope.

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

It feels different. Staff and players all saying the right things. How that transfers onto the pitch is a different matter.

But what I'll say is the most important person at a football club is the manager. They are the one that gets or losses 10% from the players. And that's what makes the difference.

Get These Hands

Off of my purse !
I hate to say it, but i feel like the same old mistakes started to creep back in. What happened to our pressing? Did Arteta decide to stop doing it or did the players give up?

L3T5 PL4Y

Flair Accuser
Emery's main issue was communication while Arteta's good at communication but the probability of his main issue being management is very high.

Louis Van Gaal is needed.

blaze_of_glory

Might not be fair to judge Arteta on half a season that was interrupted by a world-historical catastrophe.

Shalmaneser V

I so badly want this guy to succeed here. What with being an ex-player and a rookie and all. But so far I’ve seen precious little to be optimistic about.

He’s got a very tough job on his hands though. The squad is poverty, the culture at the club is all wrong and the people above him who pull the strings don’t seem to know what they are doing.

I wont start scrutinising him properly until next season.

Lidl_Reed

Wants a new name
I do think there's still a shift, despite that awful game. We are actually looking to keep the ball and attack. I know we were awful at actually getting it into shooting positions, but it wasn't like it was under Emery.

I do think these players are not good enough, even if I'm still not totally sure on Arteta. Don't think Pep or Klopp can make Luiz-Mustafi look solid or Guendouzi-Willock-Ceballos look like competent midfield

Polar Bear

I like Arteta as a person but as a manger he still has a huge amount to prove, the real big test so far was the Europa League game and we got knocked out of that, apart from that he has had a very kind prem fixture list with more home games than away games, we have not had to play Man City or Liverpool or Leicester the top 3 but today was the first time and it was just same old same old, we had zero shots and couldn't even get near their goal, Leno stopped it from being 8-0+

Top Bottom