• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

what i think we need in the transfer window

Andrew

I think with a mid-season signing we can't do much worse than Yaya Toure. He's just about the top player in the Belgian league, not played in a Euro competition, won't cost us much and we have first option. He would be a good buy considering all factors, but whether he'd play ahead of Gilberto, Parlour and Edu is another question.

Adam

Established Member
Scott Parker is an on form, younger Parlour. Technically no better. Why have him when you can have Parlour who has a real love for the club?

Webdesignlab

Established Member
Adam said:
Yep, that's the person we want. Yaya Toure. It's a matter of time before we get him, and he will become a fans favourite along with Kolo. He could be loved as much as a Vieira or an Henry. He has that potential.

Hey Adam, has any of those Belgians got any mpgs of Ya Ya? I have no idea if he is good or not, though I kinda guess that he is with all your hype.

I would like to see him play if I could. I think a lot of us here on the forum would be very interested to see that.

Cheers

GoonerGurjit

Established Member
Adam said:
Yep, that's the person we want. Yaya Toure. It's a matter of time before we get him, and he will become a fans favourite along with Kolo. He could be loved as much as a Vieira or an Henry. He has that potential.

lol I'm sure its only a matter of time before you start a Yaya fan club.
I can't see Yaya playing for us anytime soon because he wouldn't qualify for a work permit. Maybe we should sign him then loan him back to Beveren or another foreign side.
A striker is the main priority. A central defender would be nice too but I don't see that happening.

Adam

Established Member
Webdesignlab said:
Adam said:

Hey Adam, has any of those Belgians got any mpgs of Ya Ya? I have no idea if he is good or not, though I kinda guess that he is with all your hype.

I would like to see him play if I could. I think a lot of us here on the forum would be very interested to see that.

Cheers

It's a shame you ask me now because there is an online Belgian highlights programme which updates itself weekly - and as Yaya didn't play against Antwerp yesterday, he isn't on it anymore!

The footage i would of shown you shows him play a neat, disguised through ball, and sees Stepanovs score a penalty - right in the top corner!

Adam

Established Member
Goonergurjit said:
Adam said:

I can't see Yaya playing for us anytime soon because he wouldn't qualify for a work permit. Maybe we should sign him then loan him back to Beveren or another foreign side.
A striker is the main priority. A central defender would be nice too but I don't see that happening.

Haha, it would have to be for Kolo too! www.yayakolo.com has a nice ring to it. Webdesignlab - you can register it, oui? ;)

I'd like to see a new RB (maybe Volz), Yaya, RM and a new striker. Ideally.

Webdesignlab

Established Member
Adam said:
Goonergurjit said:
Adam said:

Haha, it would have to be for Kolo too! www.yayakolo.com has a nice ring to it. Webdesignlab - you can register it, oui? ;)

I'd like to see a new RB (maybe Volz), Yaya, RM and a new striker. Ideally.

Ya Ya heard to type as it is, is a great name imagine the scenario ... "Kolo to Ya Ya to Aliadierre goallll " sound like a song.

I think we should get a CB and leave K'lo where he is, he is awesome. Striker? Hmm I think we have laredy done a deal for Kluivert, but I am probably wrong, I never win the lottery so I obviously cannot see into the future.

An attacking MF (Ya Ya?).

Adam

Established Member
If we don't want Lauren in the team - it has to be potentially either Volz/Hoyte or a purchase like Trabelsi.

IMO, and realistically, a back four of Cole, Campbell, Toure, Volz/Trabelsi is feasible, athletic and defensively superb.

A midfield of Pires, Viera, Yaya Toure, Ljungberg/Joaquin/Reyes bla bla bla would be potentially great.

Henry, Etoo perhaps. Still unconvinced about the strike partner.

We will have to bring in these sort of players if Volz doesn't work out and Wiltord/Kanu/Bergkamp/Gio/Jeffers leave. The thing is - we won't have resolutions to these queries untill the end of the season perhaps, so the January window is about protection of the squad with the buys Wenger see's we NEED.

Team transition is inevitable soon and is needed; whether it be through youth or transfers.

Arsène couldn't spend in the summer. We lost a bit of the freshness that new buys bring to the team. January is an oppurtunity to rejuvinate.

Lord Dula

Established Member
I think some of us might be going a tad overboard on Yaya. Tho I'm sure he'd represent a sound investment.

To be fair we have enough athletes in the side, I think we need a cunning crafty little so and so in the midfield. Aimer would be perfeck, but we canney get him but someone in his ilk would be dandy.

I recon we should raid the Spanish market and get some players who have performed well in La Liga. I'd be happy with anyone of the following:-

Kluivert, Reyes, Motta, Pandiani, Valeron, Tristan, Carew, Mista, and Baraja.

I wouldnt mind raping Serie A for talent such as Pirlo, Serginho, Zambrotta, Tudor, or Cordoba neither.

invisibleman18

Established Member
i want to clear up what i meant. i didn't mean to say gilberto is crap, i meant to say i would rather have a gerrard or lampard or scholes type player in that position cos those teams are having much more succes in the midfield.

Top Bottom