• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

What is harder

Cl or string domestic league

• C.L

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Domestice league

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

dynasty

To win the CL or the premiership,la liga, or serie a?

I know winning the c.l is more glamourous and competition is harder...but when you think about it its only 13 games and you can lose as much as 5 times or something like that..
while in a strong domestic league...5 wins over a 38 game season is bad...

Just to let you guys know im not talking on what you guys would prefer to win...

The reason why i like the c.l so much is the title it gives and recognition..but when you think about it more and more...is it really that great??

The Mini

CL, its the best there are (usually) and you need to field are really good side about half of it because it is knockout mostly.

dynasty

thats the thing...you pretty just need about 8 good games to win it..
Knockout is more exciting i give you that...
But do you think the likes of monaco,porto, or even when leverkusen got to the final would challenege in the bigger leagues???
they have to give the performances they gave for 38 games

Gunner4life09

well i know this arguement ain't new but to win the league you need to be on some level consistant, to win the Champions League you could get lucky and get lesser sides to play angainst, and then in the final because of 1 mistake by somebody or the ref and you win.

Mark

Established Member
You only have to look at the two finalists in the CL this year to see that in a knockout competition anyone can have a few good games and go through. In the league you play everyone twice and you have to be consistent every week. CL gets more recognition around Europe but I think winning the league is a better achievement. It confirms you as the best team in the country.

skart14

Yes to win the CL you need some luck...therefore it is harder to win in the CL...in the domestic league you play teams that you are familiar with week in week out and therefore you are more comfortable playing against them and winning...but in europe you meet teams that may play in a very different style and you may be taken by surprise...so CL is harder to win.

JazzG

Established Member
CL is harder. Man utd have won 8 out of the last 12 league titles and only won the CL once.

KingReyes

Established Member
Both have their difficult approaches. In the league it is important to remain consistent throughout the whole season like the way Arsenal did this year but where Chelsea and manure couldn't. However look at the Champions League, Chelsea had a good game against us where we were poor and they beat us. In the CL you have to rise to the occasion because you could have one bad game and you're out.
In saying that therefore I think its much harder to rise to the occasion and perform at a top level every game therefore the CL is harder to win but just by a bit.

Biggus

Established Member
to win the Champions League you could get lucky and get lesser sides to play angainst, and then in the final because of 1 mistake by somebody or the ref and you win.

But there are no weaker teams in the final rounds of the CL

The CL is obviously much harder to win as we have never done it, whereas we have walked away with the EPL many times.

The hint is in the names of the competitions....CHAMPIONS league which doesnt contain teams of the calibre of blackburn rovers everton and errr tottenham hotspur

patrick42uk

Established Member
i tell you whats interesting about the cl. as jazz said man utd have dominated the premiership, winning 8 times in the last twelve years with only one cl in that period. is winning the thing once justification of a good record in the competition especially when compared to their dominace domestically? why doesnt anyone focus on that but focus on us? we have won the league 3 times (in seven years if we are talking wenger days). that effectively puts us second best in the country, so why is the pressure on us to carry england's hope? i think the problem is with the english league and how poor it is. too much lump it and hope football. in spain and italy, and even leagues like portugal, lesser teams still endeavor to play real football which is good practice for the bigguns. the cl therefore will always be harder to win than the premiership.

JazzG

Established Member
If you try and bring that point up about Man utd consistantly failing in Europe they get very defensive and will get on your back about our own record. They consistantly get to the QF or even SF and get knocked out by better teams, apart from that brilliant run in 99 they imo have never looked like they might win it again.

Arsenal Quotes

Robert Pirès was a fabulous player, world-class, and for a few years, before his injury, he was unquestionably the best left-midfielder in the world by far. He had incredible technique, he was smart, a finisher. He was a killer with a smile, the gentlest man in the world who suddenly drive the ball exactly where it was needed.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White
Top Bottom