• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

What is the most random transfer of all time?

James Bond

Moderation Consultant
wpid-article-1314720126333-0da2b1f800000578-704058_636x487.jpg

jones

Captain Serious
Trusted ⭐
Ronnie O'Brien to Juventus, no idea what happened there
Abedi Pele to 1860 München in the late 90s. Was towards the end of his career but still way too good for them, only reason he moved was he thought he was moving to Bayern. Allegedly only realised it when he was given a shirt for photos and it was blue instead of red

Vanpayslip

Ali Dia. He was apparently the cousin of George Weah. Except he got his buddy to call Graeme Souness, then manager of Southampton, pretending to be George Weah and convinced Souness that Ali Dia was Weah’s cousin. Coming highly recommended by who Souness thought was Weah, Ali Dia was given a 1 month contract.

Ali Dia was not a footballer at all. He played one game where he came on as a substitute and then was himself substituted and went on to be released 14 days early into his 1 month contract.

GDeep™

League is very weak
Ronnie O'Brien to Juventus, no idea what happened there
Abedi Pele to 1860 München in the late 90s. Was towards the end of his career but still way too good for them, only reason he moved was he thought he was moving to Bayern. Allegedly only realised it when he was given a shirt for photos and it was blue instead of red
Totally forgot that name, Ronnie O’Brien. Just went on Wiki, he never played for Middlesbrough, never played for Juventus, went to a few loans and barely played etc. Then went to the MLS where he played 150 games or so for Dallas and San Jose.

Never played for Ireland or even Ireland u21 etc. Very weird.

North5

Here since 2009. Unlike Cornavirus.

Davids was a weird one especially as he done one pretty quickly but Barnet have always interested me, they seem like a club that would be perfect for lower league takeover with aim to push hard and become big.

The borough is huge, pretty affluent and obviously in London but not buried so deep they cant build facilities.

If I was a billionaire I would pump that club til it hit the PL!

Most around there are already arsenal fans and some spuds

Flying Okapis

Most Well-Known Member
Most around there are already arsenal fans and some spuds

Right, clubs can develop fans on the come up though. Its a cheap purchase for what it is and if handled correctly could skyrocket with the location.

Even its travel links are there, its close to the A1/M25, got multiple train stations in and around, just seems like a potential cheap long-term buy when looking at lesser established London clubs, majority of the others are so deep in the concrete jungle/built up areas.

albakos

Arséne Wenger: "I will miss you"
Administrator

Player:Saka
Pato to Chelsea
Bischoff to Arsenal
Voronin to Liverpool
Chygrinskiy to Barca (for close to 40M by GalaxyBrain Pep no less)

AberGooner

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Gabriel
Lassana Diarra from Chelsea to Arsenal and then Portsmouth in 6 months.

I'd add the deal to Real Madrid as well. Not because he wasn't a gifted player but more so the idea of a player moving for big money from Portsmouth to Real Madrid, which would've sounded crazy a few years prior to that.

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
A-M CL Draft Campeón 🏆
Micah Richards to Fiorentina has to be up there as well

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Mari is the strangest transfer ever, how are you signing a 26 year old Spaniard who's playing in the Brazilian league who's got pace at all. I think there was something else going on with that deal.
Smells like rotten fish.

Top Bottom