• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

What is your preferred CB pairing?

Which two CBs would you prefer partnered up in defence? (2 votes)

• Total voters

Konaté and Tah...

Oh wait we forgot to spend money on actually good CBs. Yikes...

Probably Chambers and Holding. But that is still barely a top10 quality.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

Luiz and Holding purely based on the fact that it absolutely cannot be worse than any pairing involving Sokratis or Mustafi.

Toast

Established Member
It's about getting a balanced pair, so ideally a 'reader' and a 'tackler' type. Luiz, Sokratis and Mustafi are all tackler types, so can't really play together. Today was a painful reminder of that.

Holding, and arguably Chambers, are the only 'reader' types we have, with only the former being at the requisite level to start, imo. Therefore, Holding should be a nailed on starter. Luiz and Sokratis to slog it out for the other spot. Mustafi and Mavropanos are irrelevant.

In a perfect set up we'd also have a right-footed RCB and a left-footed LCB, since this makes it easier to play out from the back. Luiz is two-footed, while Sokratis is more reliant on his right. Luiz should therefore probably get the nod, but in the end it's all about who strikes up the best partnership with Holding.

goonerfamily

Our central defenders are all roughly at the same level but I'd go for Luiz and Holding when fit because I think both are stronger on the ball than Sokratis. Plus, we should give the game time to Holding because he's young and can develop.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Depends on Holding and how he'll preform after his long term injury. If he back to the form of last season then i can see him start with Luiz

Manberg

Predator
Sokratis and Luiz is technically our best pairing, even though it’s awful. Shows how bad our defence is. Holding was 3rd or 4th choice last season and he played in a back 3, being massively overhyped by some on here.

krackpot

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Holding and Luiz would be tasty, but they are both slow.

I'll take Sokratis and Holding until we get a good replacement for Sok.

Top Bottom