• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

What is your preferred CB pairing?

Which two CBs would you prefer partnered up in defence? (2 votes)

• Total voters

pigge

#Pigge #Equality

Player:Martinelli
Chambers-Holding deserves a shot. It doesn't look great on paper, but their form (obviously the pre-injury Holding) warrants a chance.

Add Tierney and Bellerin, and wow suddenly we have a new set of back 4. All English-native speaking. Why not?
Bellerin is Spanish tho

pikey2000

I'd be tempted to play Holding/Chambers at CB but i'd like to see us also try Luiz at DM, for me he has the mobility, strength, size and passing ability to play that role well, we can have two more athletic b2b CM's ahead i.e Douzi/Willock or Douzi/Torreira

Jasard

Forum Issue Troubleshooter

Recency bias with Chambers great performance (ironically played both flanks and not CB) but the dream is for him and Holding to make a good pair. Really great off the pitch chemistry between Tierney, Holding, Chambers and Bellerin. That's how great defences come together.

Mo Britain

Doom Monger
Holding plus A.N. Other. Luiz just ahead of Sokratis at the moment. Would like to see Chambers in a back three before seeing if he can work in a pairing with Holding.

OnlyOne

‘Donkeys don’t have a peak, they remain useless’
Trusted ⭐

Sort of suits the Özil fanboys though, doesn't it?

To an extent yeah, I used to defend Özil all the time but it got so boring repeating the same thing. He clearly doesn't enjoy football but I'll just let him be now and others should now as well.

On Emery, think what you want of him but giving up on the team 6 games in only having 1 league loss and actually wishing we'd lose just doesn't sit right with me.

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable
To an extent yeah, I used to defend Özil all the time but it got so boring repeating the same thing. He clearly doesn't enjoy football but I'll just let him be now and others should now as well.

On Emery, think what you want of him but giving up on the team 6 games in only having 1 league loss and actually wishing we'd lose just doesn't sit right with me.
100%, on both statements.

Tomb Bombadil

At the moment I would like to see Chambers with Luiz. Sokratis made too many mistakes and should be out. Of course Luiz as well but he's better on the ball and left footed.

Chambers played now 4 games and was always very good defensivly and at the ball. So he has earned his chance.

Holding should not be rushed back. He will play next thursday and then take the next step. Wasn't too involved in the Forest game.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

People are actually voting for luiz :lol:
While I don't think he's VVD I think he's been unlucky with his two high profile mistakes.

1. The pull on Salah was so slight that it didn't bring him down, in fact Salah the diver didn't even go down. If you recall Laca's goal against Burnley he was wrestled to the ground and I'm 99% sure the ref wouldn't have blown for a foul.

2. The tackle against Watford was stupid but you expect a few of those a season, even from the best CBs if put under unrelenting pressure.

He was a mainstay of Chelsea's defence last season and I think the stat showing that he's matched his penalties conceded there in just 5 games for us says a lot.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom