• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

What is your preferred midfield?

What three players would you prefer to start in midfield?

• Xhaka

Votes: 14 8.2%
  • Torreira

Votes: 147 86.0%
  • Özil

Votes: 23 13.5%
  • Guendouzi

Votes: 73 42.7%
  • Willock

Votes: 99 57.9%
  • Ceballos

Votes: 154 90.1%

• Total voters

El Duderino

That's, like, your opinion, man.
On paper, Willock, Ceballos and Torreira has a bit of everything, bar a bit of height.

When Joe inevitably has that dip in form, I'd go with Xhaka/Guendouzi in for him.

Just don't want to see a Xhaka-Guendouzi midfield anytime soon, feel that's our slowest pairing for a team that wants to move the ball out the back quickly.

Red London

Anti-Simp Culture
Trusted ⭐
Özil
Willock Ceballos

Add genuine width provided by our wingbacks and a decent defensive signing in January, I think we will be in good shape for a top four assault.
The kind of unbalanced spineless midfield that Wenger would field in his latter years.

Maybe in Fifa, not in real life (against teams of actual quality at least)

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
I think Torreira Ceballos and Willock is a pretty decent balance for a 3 man midfield. You could put Guendouzi in there for any of these guys and it can still work to a good degree. For me that's our best balance.

I think if we are inverting and having a 10 ahead of a double pivot, Özil definitely comes into play more but I think 3 men with a single pivot is the right move.

RunTheTrap

Kai Havertz Offense League
I would currently go with a Willock-Cellabos-Torreira midfield but I think that Guendouzi were to hit the gym and work on his off-the-ball work, he’s a starter. Guendouzi and Willock is our best pivot on paper but there’s a lot of projecting on my behalf.

Torreira-------------Guendouzi
Ceballos/Özil
Torreira to be your hustle guy
Guen the passer and space creator/ ball recepient
Ceballos the press beater
Özil the key pass guy

The only indespensible thing Xhaka offers atm is his physical presence. His long range passing can be taken over by Luiz and Guen.
Our missing link in midfield right now is definately muscle and dynamism. Someone you'd have hope in if he is your last guy in a 2 on 1. A Gilberto or Viera if you will.

Camron

Photoshop King
Trusted ⭐

Player:Martinelli
THIS! We need a physical big guy! Torreira is good but he isn't the big powerhouse, say someone like Partey beside him would be awesome with Ceballos in front and then Willock and Guen rotate and we get rid of Xhaka.
Wished Xhaka could be this guy. Unfortunately he has very limited physical and defensive qualities.

PL is not his league. He should move to Italy where he'll boss the midfield under less pressure.

Ndidi, Doucoure, Partey. Basically the type of players Sp**s have been stockpiling.

Garrincha

Wilf Zaha Aficionado
Trusted ⭐
Give him alot of stick but its hard not to vote for Xhaka with three votes & those options. :lol: Realistically never going to reach top four in the PL with three flyweights in midfield.

Xhaka & Lucas pretty much by default. Willock for me then edges it for how rounded his game it. If its a easy game Dani for Xhaka & would love a Lucas upgrade.

truth_hurts

but Holding’s hair transplant was painless
Torreria and Ceballos definitely start. Depending on the opposition, Willock for energy and tenacity, or Özil for unlocking defences.

Xhaka, Guendouzi and Maitland Niles are good back ups.

truth_hurts

but Holding’s hair transplant was painless
Emery doesn't seem to want to play with a number 10, so it makes Özil and Mkhi' positions precarious.

Wished Xhaka could be this guy. Unfortunately he has very limited physical and defensive qualities.

PL is not his league. He should move to Italy where he'll boss the midfield under less pressure.

Ndidi, Doucoure, Partey. Basically the type of players Sp**s have been stockpiling.
Watched the Spuds first match btw and I thought Ndombele was pretty amazing. Sort of player that would have slid nicely to our midfield. I think we should seriously consider that kind of player in January

Ciscoo

Torreira-Willock-Ceballos in a flat three for me. It’s been a long time since we’ve had a dominant midfield, and to his credit, Emery seems to have recognised that.

I do think Xhaka has a role, though. At his best he’s still our most assertive passer at CM.

FluffyDoozi

We need a defensive midfielder. Torreira based on last season is not the answer but guess he's the best of the bunch.
My midfield would be Torreira, Guendouzi and Ceballos.
Not as high on Willock as others based on the three games played although he was exceptional in preseason. His performance has been blown out of proportion but that's how fans are with a new player or an academy kid at the start.

Looking forward to the summer already because Torreira and Xhaka could be sold depending on how the season goes.
Next season we could be looking at
new Dm - Guendouzi/Willock and ESR.

Latest posts

Top Bottom