• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

What is your preferred midfield?

What three players would you prefer to start in midfield?

• Xhaka

Votes: 14 8.2%
  • Torreira

Votes: 147 86.0%
  • Özil

Votes: 23 13.5%
  • Guendouzi

Votes: 73 42.7%
  • Willock

Votes: 99 57.9%
  • Ceballos

Votes: 154 90.1%

• Total voters

krackpot

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Surely because one of the CM positions is playing as a part of the attackers, in front of a midfield pair?
strangely, no. People here think we'll be playing 4-3-3 with Auba, Pepe and Laca. Then play Özil in CM.

Probably because they want someone to blame for the goals we will let in :lol:

YeahBee

Terrible hot takes
Xhaka just with 10 votes if you give it that Garrincha only gave him pity vote and <<reed>> only does things that triggers me these days...

That is 4 votes behind Özil who nobody wants here anymore.

This is brutal on our captain... I wonder if this is just AM thing or if it is general feeling among the whole Arsenal base.

It is sorta like when Real sold Makelele! Not comparing their roles/qualities obviously

Club and fans didnt know how important ge was until he left.

When I watch football with non Arsenalfans they are all appreciative of Xhaka

The Xhaka hate is a meme here who folk parrot to be cool

Dennis_Bergkamp_10

Established Member
It is sorta like when Real sold Makelele! Not comparing their roles/qualities obviously

Don't you ever think that since it's you vs the rest on Arsenal Mania that you might be the one wrong? Odds are not really in your favour.

RacingPhoton

Established Member
Xhaka just with 10 votes if you give it that Garrincha only gave him pity vote and <<reed>> only does things that triggers me these days...

That is 4 votes behind Özil who nobody wants here anymore.

This is brutal on our captain... I wonder if this is just AM thing or if it is general feeling among the whole Arsenal base.
You should check the articles written by a guy named Josh Sippie in a blog named paininthearsenal. I feel that Josh Sippie is Erlis. If you look at the comments section of his articles, you can see that it is the common consensus.

RunTheTrap

Kai Havertz Offense League

You really think people have time to hate on Granit Xhaka. He’s a nobody. I have grown up watching Fàbregas and Vieira, real midfield maestros who could turn a game on its head. It’s not about being cool, it’s about Arsenal fans knowing we deserve better. One of the reasons we have become so mediocre is because we accepted rubbish for too long. Regardless of what we think of Manure and Chelski, the got both got rid of their underperforming strikers after 2 years. We give our underperforming CM captaincy after 4 years of crap.

For the better or worse, with our current squad we really need Xhaka in there. So Xhaka-Torreira with Ceballos/Özil/Willock in a more ofensive role.

But just how we desperately need some good CBs, we also need a significant upgrade on Xhaka.

YeahBee

Terrible hot takes
You can make jokes all you want, but an opinion about a footballer is pretty valid when 99 percent agree on him and 1 percent accuses the 99 of having some sort of agenda.

Chelski sold KdB was that right?

You only think it is 99% because it is an echochamber in here.

Xhaka was clearly our best midfielder vs Pool
Stats wise to
But that doesnt fit your narrative so you just ignore it

And hail Guendozi instead who was in shambles?

If anybody got an agenda it is you and the rest of the haterz

This must be how it was for Americans to discuss the latest election amidst all the russian trolls...

progman07

Established Member

Before Xhaka we finished 3rd and 2nd (2014-2016), since he arrived we cannot achieve top4. I'm not saying it is purely due to Xhaka, but he is the centre of our game, and I rarely see him dominate tough games, especially away from home.

Looking at his game on the ball is fine, but we need to consider his off-the-ball actions.

The fact that the opponents get to shoot so many times against us is mainly due to our midfield not being able to close down passing lanes, and Xhaka is a main culprit. He is too slow, games just pass him by. No sideways passing or set piece makes up for him not being able to track runners or close down space.

If we cannot replace him properly it tells more about us, than him.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

You can make jokes all you want, but an opinion about a footballer is pretty valid when 99 percent agree on him and 1 percent accuses the 99 of having some sort of agenda.
There’s a bit of a mob mentality on here at times so I don’t think this point holds much weight on this forum.

YeahBee

Terrible hot takes
Before Xhaka we finished 3rd and 2nd (2014-2016), since he arrived we cannot achieve top4. I'm not saying it is purely due to Xhaka, but he is the centre of our game, and I rarely see him dominate tough games, especially away from home.

Looking at his game on the ball is fine, but we need to consider his off-the-ball actions.

The fact that the opponents get to shoot so many times against us is mainly due to our midfield not being able to close down passing lanes, and Xhaka is a main culprit. He is too slow, games just pass him by. No sideways passing or set piece makes up for him not being able to track runners or close down space.

If we cannot replace him properly it tells more about us, than him.

And did he not do just the thing you say he cant vs Pool? The attacks didnt go thru him he closed of his area...

Better to have him on the pitch because at the very least (and more imo) he is where he is supposed to be
Guendozi isnt,
Willock looks lost att times and becomes non-influential.
Their inexperience gets dumped in Xhaka and he is blamed, how is that fair?
Even Torreira whom I like is not enough to play in just a double pivot due to lack of size.

I know he isnt the fastest, I aint stoopid regardless what some think or says and I have eyes, I dont think he is a allrounder do everything guy.

For years I have promoted a 3 men midfield, because it suits all of our players more, including Xhaka
People say he aint Pirlo but I disagree somewhat...
Guess what Pirlo did most of the time? Played with 2 other midfielders ffs! One dynamic and one Gattuso, in juve to

But Xhaka is expected to do without?

Dennis_Bergkamp_10

Established Member
Chelski sold KdB was that right?

You only think it is 99% because it is an echochamber in here.

Xhaka was clearly our best midfielder vs Pool
Stats wise to
But that doesnt fit your narrative so you just ignore it

And hail Guendozi instead who was in shambles?

If anybody got an agenda it is you and the rest of the haterz

This must be how it was for Americans to discuss the latest election amidst all the russian trolls...

For one, I thought Xhaka wasn't bad vs Pool and didn't think Guendouzi was good either. I also think Xhaka has certain qualities that make him a starter more often than not. But he has so many flaws too.

Yet you think he'll make Barcelona tick. That's the difference.

Top Bottom