• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

What makes an Arsenal player a club legend?

goonerwarsh

Established Member
This man used to play for Arsenal. I think alot of people need to recalibrate what they think is godly. This is how high the bar is. Incomparable.

Then you realise why this man has a statue outside Arsenal stadium.

If there is such a thing as a god, then he exists in Dennis Bergkamp's feet.

I'm surprised the opposition even bothered getting off the bus when we had him and Henry in the same team.

redanddread

The stone that the builders refuse
Seen that clip bout 10,000 times, and it never fails to stir me. My eyes, my heart, or both do weird sh!t.
I remember watching that game on TV like it was yesterday. If I was who I am today, I'd have jumped in the car & headed down to London that night. All we need is the Steve McMahon ONE MINUTE scene to make the clip even more epic - oh, guess what!

Mastadon

Established Member
Bergkamp was the turning point for Arsenal. I started supporting Arsenal when we signed him before that I barely noticed Arsenal at all. He made the club interesting at least for foreign fans and what an amazing player and character he was.

haha_arsenal

Is there any player beside Bergkamp who managed top 3 goals of the week by himself, in one match ?
any player could do a fluke goal from time to time, but Dennis was no fluke,

JackTheHack

The god in Bergkamps feet has more evidence to its existence, than the whole entire bible holds in its fiction

Strike me down
'Things that you're liable to read in the bible, ain't necessarily so' but some of the things you saw on the pitch, while 'unbelievable', actually did unfold in front of your eyes.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

It's easy to kind of forget, when you get so invested in the present team. The bar lowers gradually over time, and then when you see old Bergy vids, your jaw drops. I watched a great Henry vid the other day, and was nearly moved to ****ing tears! We're better off forgetting that mob, because it makes you see the present bunch in a different light.

I watched a vid of every goal Wiltord scored for us earlier, and some of the finishing was ridiculous. His scoring rate wasn't great for us, even for a wide man, but christ, he was razor sharp and had a great striking instinct. If we had that Wiltord playing up front for us now, we'd be sorted.
I usually have to avoid any invincibles era footage due to the pain it causes in my soul.

I was watching Wrighty's PL 100 club the other day and and felt nothing but sadness. Ffs like you said, even Wiltord ****s on our current striking options!

Top Bottom