• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

What makes an Arsenal player a club legend?

Furious

Emery Gone, Telly Back On
All these videos, and not many of my all time favourite midfielder, Vieira. What a player he was.

This performance shows what he could do to the likes of Liverpool, completely destroyed them at Anfield. Unplayable.

Look at that run ffs to create that chance, which Stepanovs missed in most sickening way, Cole was rightly pissed at him.

Godwin1

Very well-known
All these videos, and not many of my all time favourite midfielder, Vieira. What a player he was.

This performance shows what he could do to the likes of Liverpool, completely destroyed them at Anfield. Unplayable.

Look at that run ffs to create that chance, which Stepanovs missed in most sickening way, Cole was rightly pissed at him.
That's a video of Diaby mate ;)

Bould14

A club legend has longevity which in the modern game is 7+ years. Good consistent form and titles also always help.

Mastadon

Established Member
Wellington Silva is 2 years away from being a club legend then. I wonder if we carry on loaning him out for the next 5 years will he get a testimonial despite never having played for us.

jarsenal_man

CaIpgBiW0AAAbBu.jpg

Nyctophobia

Established Member
Not the most impressive goal that was ever scored for Arsenal, but it's my absolute favourite and that celebration is so.... precious!
There's something perfect about it.

It's genuinely very depressing when I see younger Arsenal fans who know nothing about Mr. Arsenal or don't even understand how great he was.

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

Very hard in the globalised world for someone to become a legend. They have to make a unique contribution to the club.l

c00lguy

It's not so much about being the best player, it's more about passion, commitment, flair and love. Winning the league helps too.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
Be a great player and part of a winning squad helps. Or you can just be a great player who always tried his best and dragged the team along by the scruffs on their necks. You can also be a decent, charismatic, insanely consistent loyal player that lead by example and bled for the shirt. It can be a mixture of all that or just one of them. The fans choose and the fans usually agree with each other.

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
https://thesefootballtimes.co/2018/...bedrock-that-propped-up-arsenals-invincibles/

Fantastic article here on the Toure - Campbell partnership. It's remarkably underrated. This was a partnership at the heart of a title-winning, Invincible defence that conceded just 26 goals in 38 league games...and it cost the grand total of £150,000. If that were to happen these days there'd be no end of plaudits.

Wenger's achievements are so criminally glossed over and forgotten. There are so many jewels in his Arsenal crown that many are simply taken for granted, when in fact they are individually magnificent things.

I'm also reminded of just how quick they both were and how well that suited what Wenger wanted to do. I look at our current centre-backs and the lack of speed really stands out. Koscielny had it, but he's ageing and who knows how he'll recover from that injury. Neither Sokratis nor Mustafi have that blistering speed, Holding doesn't either. Mavropanos is pretty quick I suppose.

We're playing a system which requires quick defenders, which we don't really have. It's quite an absurd problem and one which makes me miss the old days even more.

Top Bottom