• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

What makes an Arsenal player a club legend?

jarsenal_man

No.

You do have fit the description of a 'legend', though, and Arteta is by no stretch of the imagination, and Arsenal legend. Not in any way at all. Ability, longevity, decorated. None.

Ask Wenger about Arteta's contribution and he will put your post to shame.

Jasard

Forum Issue Troubleshooter

No, but it goes some way.

You do have fit the description of a 'legend', though, and Arteta is by no stretch of the imagination an Arsenal legend. Not in any way at all. Ability, longevity, decorated. None.

Stalwart feels like a more suitable word, certainly not a legend.

jarsenal_man

I think it's because he's an extremely understated player that people don't respect what he's done for the club. He's definitely a legend

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me
No, but it goes some way.

You do have fit the description of a 'legend', though, and Arteta is by no stretch of the imagination an Arsenal legend. Not in any way at all. Ability, longevity, decorated. None.

Too many people use the term "Legend" when describing players. For me there are not that many Arsenal legends. I can certainly think of several players who have had far better careers than Arteta and they are still not legends in my eyes. Cole, Sagna, Lehman, Rosicky, all with better Arsenal careers but still not Arsenal Legends.

jarsenal_man

Too many people use the term "Legend" when describing players. For me there are not that many Arsenal legends. I can certainly think of several players who have had far better careers than Arteta and they are still not legends in my eyes. Cole, Sagna, Lehman, Rosicky, all with better Arsenal careers but still not Arsenal Legends.

Ashley Cole.... Arsenal legend? Sorry mate that automatically makes your opinion void.

ArsenesNO1Fan

Established Member
It depends where you draw the line really. Arteta and Rosicky have been massively valuable for us over the years but if you only consider our very elite players legends, then they aren't. But then again neither is Gilberto Silva or Lungberg.

Anelka, Petit and Overmars weren't here long but they won us trophies alongside other top players.

Fabregas is one of our best ever players but because of his perceived disloyalty some will never call him a legend.

It would be nice to see a loyal servant in Rosicky pick up a PL winners medal bridging the old and new era. How many games does he have to start?

It's all down to criteria really.

highburybaby

How can people call Arteta a legend????

However, really appreciate his contribution when we were in the bottom of the sea. He had stabilized us in that awful season.;)

krackpot

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Fabregas is one of our best ever players but because of his perceived disloyalty some will never call him a legend.

It would be nice to see a loyal servant in Rosicky pick up a PL winners medal bridging the old and new era. How many games does he have to start?

It's all down to criteria really.
Rosicky won't get one, and won't accept if he got an 'honorary' one unless he cores and starts a lot.

D

Dial Square 1886

Arteta, Arsenal legend - ha ha ha
Rosicky, Arsenal legend - ha ha ha

Get real guys, I mean come on...

Crooner

Discussing whether Arteta is a legend or not is both hilariously off-topic and not a discussion anyone will ever entertain because it's just ridiculous.

All it'll ever boil down to is jarsenal_man against the world in a "he is/ he isn't" dichotomy.

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me
Discussing whether Arteta is a legend or not is both hilariously off-topic and not a discussion anyone will ever entertain because it's just ridiculous.

All it'll ever boil down to is jarsenal_man against the world in a "he is/ he isn't" dichotomy.

You're right, jarsenal_man seems to be the only one claiming Arteta is a legend, and many, me included have risen to it :lol:

Top Bottom