• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

What makes an Arsenal player a club legend?

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

Didn't mean for my flippant remark (that was mainly having a go at Xhaka) about Coquelin, to start a debate....I don't really think he was good enough to be a starter either.

He was a really good player to have in your squad though, as he has shown for us and Valencia...would take him over Granit every single time, no matter how many "progressive passing stats" you show me.
There’s no need for stats when you have good memory. There’s nothing in that guy’s locker that would make him immune from the flack the current lot are getting.

Matter of fact I remember him getting brutalised on these boards and fanbase in general pretty well. “Serviceable option/cover but not good enough starter” he would 100% fit in here in 2021.

He was good for what he was (makeshift academy product) and he left at the right time and made a decent career for himself. Will never catch me pining for him though.

MikeVinna

Established Member
When he came back from loan Coquelin was an absolute monster for abour a year. People have bad memories. I remember Wenger playing him further up the field for example which was absolutely ridiculous. Was like Emery playing Torreira further up. These players need to sit in front of their defense.

yorch44

Commander of the Pelotudo Brigade
Norwich are terrible. OK we're not much better, but we're at home and some of our 1st team players are returning.

Arsenal can't lose this game, it's impossible. And a draw would be a disaster given our position at the bottom.
Remember all the records broken by Arteta... Nothing it's impossible to him 🤣

RacingPhoton

Established Member
Last post on this subject...

...streets won't forget how he helped turn 2014-2015, into our best ever Emirates season!
He was a monster when it comes to tackles and interceptions. His stats prove that too. When our midfield stopped working after Cazorla was out, we chose to sell the wrong midfielder because a certain other midfielder was still in his honeymoon period as a new signing.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Revisionist bullshit typical.

Haven't you pretty much disliked all our Emirates seasons though :lol:

Maybe you're too negative...ever thought of that?

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
I can’t wait to see what this forum says about these current lot 5 years from now.

Probably be in the Championship by then, so some of these players will probably look, with hindsight!

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

When he came back from loan Coquelin was an absolute monster for abour a year. People have bad memories. I remember Wenger playing him further up the field for example which was absolutely ridiculous. Was like Emery playing Torreira further up. These players need to sit in front of their defense.
There’s two main reasons why multiple top managers try to play their ball winners further up top. If you win the ball further up the pitch then you’re more likely to score a goal, secondly if a ball winner with poor passing ability wins the ball just in front of your defence there’s no guarantee he can actually turn it into possession.

BigPoppaPump

Reeling from Laca & Kos nightmares
Haven't you pretty much disliked all our Emirates seasons though :lol:

Maybe you're too negative...ever thought of that?
You do tend to look to the past with huge rose tinted goggles, as long as it happened more than 2 years ago than it was amazing to Riou. Although @Macho is the complete opposite he doesn't rate RVP or Fabregas which is nuts. I agree with macho though most of our teams since we moved to Emirates has been filled with average players but you can't deny those 2's qualities. You two are like on opposites spectrums with this.

It does get annoying when people talk about guys like Coquelin and Koscielny like they were anything special though, they were lucky to play for a club like Arsenal tbh.

Macho

Dusted 🔻

You do tend to look to the past with huge rose tinted goggles, as long as it happened more than 2 years ago than it was amazing to Riou. Although @Macho is the complete opposite he doesn't rate RVP or Fabregas which is nuts. I agree with macho though most of our teams since we moved to Emirates has been filled with average players but you can't deny those 2's qualities. You two are like on opposites spectrums with this.
Rvp and Fabregas were world class and some of the best players we’ve seen at Emirates - don’t put words in my mouth :lol:

They aren’t club legends like people tend to make out on here there’s a difference. Some club legends might not necessarily be world class by today’s standards also.

BigPoppaPump

Rvp and Fabregas were world class and some of the best players we’ve seen at Emirates - don’t put words in my mouth :lol:

They aren’t club legends like people tend to make out on here there’s a difference. Some club legends might not necessarily be world class by today’s standards also.
Hmm I definitely remember you saying they weren't that good and overhyped by Arsenal fans.

Macho

Dusted 🔻

Hmm I definitely remember you saying they weren't that good and overhyped by Arsenal fans.
Overhyped doesn’t mean bad. I’ve also have never denied their quality ever why would I?

You could argue RvP is better than Wrighty but to me one is a club legend one is not.

BigPoppaPump

Overhyped doesn’t mean bad. I’ve also have never denied their quality ever why would I?

You could argue RvP is better than Wrighty but to me one is a club legend one is not. If Cesc is a club legend then Özil might as well be one as well.
Don't think anyone calls them a legend, there are no Emirates era Arsenal legends. I don't think we've had a striker or midfielder as good as those 2 since we've moved from Highbury though. But I also think Mertesacker was our best CB in Emirates Arsenal too so that's not saying much.

Latest posts

Top Bottom