• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

What makes an Arsenal player a club legend?

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
It would be nice to see a loyal servant in Rosicky pick up a PL winners medal bridging the old and new era. How many games does he have to start?

It's all down to criteria really.
I thought they changed the rules and now give the club an allocated amount of medals, which the club then give out to whoever.

GOONER1991

Established Member
I think the term "legend" is bandied about way too easily in the modern era. Arteta and Rosicky are certainly not legends. They have been good servants to the club, but nothing more. Fabregas certainly is not a legend.

A legend is a player who was not only a servant to the club, but produced something worthy of being "legend". Henry's goal against Sp**s, against United. Bergkamp's Newcastle goal. Over a decade has passed and those goals are still top of the list of Arsenal's all time greatest goals. The majority of the Invincibles team are referred to as Legends because of what they achieved that year.

Over a decade since Henry and Bergkamp left Arsenal, and they are still called King and God. That is Legend.

Getting Top 4 or steadying a sinking ship does not make you a legend. Behave.

redwhiteAustrian

Tu Felix Austria
Administrator
What's with this weird obession about "Legends"?

I'm always reluctant to label someone a "Legend" who's still under contract at a club, even more so someone who's been here for less than half a decade too (like Arteta e.g.).

haika

We can hardly call any of the interlude era players legends. It was (not it is hopefully) a time when the clubs ambitions were much smaller and the players of the same caliber were either not brought in, grown, or departed for better things too quickly and consequently became resented by the arsenal fanbase, obviously becoming ineligible for the title 'legend'. It's important to note that the average arsenal fan expected for the club to pick up the pace and reach for the crown again, thereby once more have players fit to be placed besides Bergkamp and co. So he held on to the standard he used for branding certain players 'legends', therefore barely any from the interlude era qualify as regards to football ability, special moments and/or achievemets, and as I said those who do mostly left.

jarsenal_man

We can hardly call any of the interlude era players legends. It was (not it is hopefully) a time when the clubs ambitions were much smaller and the players of the same caliber were either not brought in, grown, or departed for better things too quickly and consequently became resented by the arsenal fanbase, obviously becoming ineligible for the title 'legend'. It's important to note that the average arsenal fan expected for the club to pick up the pace and reach for the crown again, thereby once more have players fit to be placed besides Bergkamp and co. So he held on to the standard he used for branding certain players 'legends', therefore barely any from the interlude era qualify as regards to football ability, special moments and/or achievemets, and as I said those who do mostly left.

Loool lads I tried to change the subject back to El Nenny but everyone seems more interested in this legends debate.

Arteta = legend
Gilberto = legend

Long live the unsung hero.

em9999

My rainbows
Gus ceaser - legend
Pal lydersen - legend
Igor stepanovs - legend
Christopher Wreh - legend
Jimmy carter - legend

This is all a matter of opinion, but legends are few and far between.

Obviously the above ain't legends but its no more crazy than calling arteta one

Penn_

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Arteta an Arsenal legend :lol: people been drinking too much over Christmas.

Gilberto, and 99% of the invincible team are legends.

Anyway, Elneny has played most of his countries matches in the past few year so shouldn't have any WP problems.

Sweggeh

Ironically, Aaron Ramsey is probably already an Arsenal legend no matter what happens from now on wards. He scored the winning goal in extra time in the FA Cup. When they show highlights of that in 40-50 years, the people who didn't watch us back in 2015 will definitely consider him a legend.

Thats how a lot of these things go to be honest. Its like how most of us know nothing about that Sunderland guy because it was before our time, but call him a legend just because of that clip where he scored in the 3-2 FA Cup win over United way back when.

em9999

My rainbows
One video clip of a player scoring a winner in a final, makes him more of a player remembered of fondly, than a legend. A legend to me is a player that shows loyalty to the club and spends most of his career at the club. Only been three legends in my time as a Arsenal fan, bergkamp, henry, adams....

redanddread

The stone that the builders refuse
One video clip of a player scoring a winner in a final, makes him more of a player remembered of fondly, than a legend. A legend to me is a player that shows loyalty to the club and spends most of his career at the club. Only been three legends in my time as a Arsenal fan, bergkamp, henry, adams....
Vieira without a doubt for me........

em9999

My rainbows
Vieira was a legend in my eyes until he went man city and made a few comments that didn't sit well with me

em9999

My rainbows
What comments?

I cant fully remember but I can recall thinking at the time, that doesn't sit well with me its dipping its hand into my Pringles and taking the piss. About how great man city are blah blah blah blah...

I seem to remember him being very condescending about Arsenal...

Top Bottom