• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

What makes an Arsenal player a club legend?

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel

Sensational player at his best

Imagine how terrible the commentary of that Barca goal would have been, if we had the current main ITV commentator doing it...

Those 2 goals against Fulham were brilliant...like those bullshit goals you see scored on FIFA Ultimate Team, that seem to make no sense :lol:

• Fire
Reactions: A_G

AberGooner

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Nasri was class, a really entertaining player to watch as well. His last full season it really clicked for him, think he had something like 10 by Christmas. Obviously won trophies when he left but another one of those who never really went on to be as great as he could've been.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

There was one season Nasri had at City were he was fantastic too...as good as, if not even better than his best one at Arsenal.

Don't think he ever had the mindset to be consistent though, similar to Reyes in that regard...brilliant, but flawed.

Juan Matas Beard

Pronouns: dat, guy 🫶
Trusted ⭐

Always forget about this.

Lz5Sxy3.jpg

Notorious Big

Drunka In Friend Zone
Never understood the money grabbing argument. He left to win trophies which he knew you don’t do in a team with Diaby, Denilson,Song and Bendtner.

We were solid team back than,fight for EPL and used to play CL every season.Difference between us and City wasn't that huge in terms of quality and he left more for money,just like Adebayor.

BergMan

Betrayed by Xhaka
And just because you love him personally doesn’t make him a legend.

I’m not the only one who loves him. Don’t you hear the fans singing his name every week?

Xhaka is a legend. 4 trophies, 2 other finals, 225 appearances (top 15 in Arsenal history). Come on. If Pat Jennings and Liam Brady are Arsenal legends when the only trophy they won for Arsenal is one FA cup then Granit Xhaka is definitely a legend.

Nicenho

I’m not the only one who loves him. Don’t you hear the fans singing his name every week?

Xhaka is a legend. 4 trophies, 2 other finals, 225 appearances (top 15 in Arsenal history). Come on. If Pat Jennings and Liam Brady are Arsenal legends when the only trophy they won for Arsenal is one FA cup then Granit Xhaka is definitely a legend.

It’s cute how you count community shields as a trophy just to make it prettier. 7 years and 2 fa cups is the reality.

7 years of being average. Liability at times. Disrespecting the badge and the shirt. Telling fans to **** off and you wanna call him a legend? Gtfoh 😂

bergholt

That's not really how the title of "legend" is bestowed though. It's not about simple stats but about impact on the fanbase. I enjoyed Xhaka's redemption arc at the start of this season as much as anyone, but for most of his time here he had a very fractured relationship with the fans. Can't see "legend" as the appropriate title for him.

BergMan

Betrayed by Xhaka
It’s cute how you count community shields as a trophy just to make it prettier. 7 years and 2 fa cups is the reality.

7 years of being average. Liability at times. Disrespecting the badge and the shirt. Telling fans to **** off and you wanna call him a legend? Gtfoh 😂

Community shield is a trophy. And those 2 fa cups are more than some legends have won like the ones I mentioned. Doesn’t suit your agenda though does it?

Nicenho

Community shield is a trophy. And those 2 fa cups are more than some legends have won like the ones I mentioned. Doesn’t suit your agenda though does it?

No agendas here. Just facts. Xhaka ain’t no Arsenal legend and if you are deluded enough to keep talking like that there is no point to continue on the subject. Weirdo.

Pop Tart

Established Member
Interesting stuff past few comments, while I personally do not regard xhaka a legend he has been pretty good this past two seasons and was always had his moments before that plus he has two fa cups

Kane will be a Sp**s legend if he left tomorrow despite not winning anything but i think being a legend is sometimes hard to describe . It has to be a player going above and beyond the cause and delivering magical moments that helps a team, sometimes that is enough . sometimes it is trophies on top of that.

Just because someone wins a trophy does not mean they are a legend. dani cellboas would be considered one . if he won the cup with a team who never win anything then maybe but we have a rich history of winners despite the past decade or so of not being the best.

Top Bottom