• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

What makes an Arsenal player a club legend?

Get These Hands

Off of my purse !
I personally find it super cute how nothing riles up an AM member more than merely suggesting that the club's highest scoring midfielder and three-time FA Cup winner who now plays for Juventus might in fact be a competent footballer. Super cute.

Highest scoring midfielder? :lol::lol::lol::facepalm:

Breezy

Where this Ramsey is arsenal highest scoring midfielder coming from? These people forgetting Merson and Brady?

I feel your argument is weakened by the fact Ramsey scored more goals for the club than Brady and Merson wasn’t a midfielder.

Football Manager

Copy & Paste Merchant
Leno can be our highest scoring GK if he leaves all his GK duty behind, keep making runs towards the opponent penalty box.

Ramsey was the same. He was a huge liability in the general play. Not contributing to our possession build up. And leave huge gaps for the opponent to make counter attacks.

If you have players with better football iq/game reading/skills/ball control/combination play, like Benzema/Firmino/Van Persie/Suarez/Iniesta/KDB/Silva....

Your team will have more possession, create more chance, and score more goals. Because these players have contributed a hell lot in the general play.

If you have a front line of owen, aubameyang, inzaghi, and a midfield of lampard, gerrard and ramsey, your team will lost 10-0 every game. Because these players contributed nothing in the general play. Your strikers needed other players to feed them, waiting to score goals rather than contributing to the attacking play. And your midfielders are not “play creators”/“play contributors” too. They go for goals themselves.

Your team will get outnumbered and lost possession. Your team will create less chance and score less goals (despite having all the goal scorers/goal scoring midfielders in your team). Because they are such a fxxking liability in the general play.

Last edited:

El Duderino

That's, like, your opinion, man.
Why do people get so triggered by Ramsey? :lol:

It's like skill is the main thing in making a club legend.

Depite his limitations, Lad was professional until the end, was a big game player for us, never hid and was there to salvage two FA cup finals, specially the first one along with Santi.

Yet, people think Judas and Snake Fabregas have a higher standing during the Emirates era when they won **** all and forced their way out.

Football Manager

Copy & Paste Merchant

Depite his limitations, Lad was professional until the end, was a big game player for us, never hid and was there to salvage two FA cup finals, specially the first one along with Santi.

Yet, people think Judas and Snake Fabregas have a higher standing during the Emirates era when they won **** all and forced their way out.
van persie and Fabregas are levels above ramsey. It doesn’t make you a shxt player if you don’t win things.
Mustafi is better than Messi because he won a World Cup?

El Duderino

van persie and Fabregas are levels above ramsey. It doesn’t make you a shxt player if you don’t win things.
Mustafi is better than Messi because he won a World Cup?

That was not my point though was it? :lol:

Of course Snake and Judas were better players, but as far as their standing in Arsenal history Ramsey is leagues above.

You don't have to think he's a club legend, fine, but he achieved and was instrumental in achieving trophies when we weren't winning any.

Notorious Big

Drunka In Friend Zone

Because he could only settle for worse club than Arsenal and he wasn't top quality player.

El Duderino

Because he could only settle for worse club than Arsenal and he wasn't top quality player.

Juve a worse club? :lol:

You don't have to be a top quality player to be a club legend, he was good enough and did more than better players than him technically did when they were at Arsenal.

Notorious Big

Drunka In Friend Zone
Juve a worse club? :lol:

You don't have to be a top quality player to be a club legend, he was good enough and did more than better players than him technically did when they were at Arsenal.

That's because we didn't offer him new contact and he had to move on.I talk about rejecting big clubs evey season and staying in one club because you have passion to play for them.Like you mentioned players like RVP,Cesc,Nasri etc.They didn't want to stay because of those offers.

Well most of legends are quality players to be fair.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
1239378-26759694-1600-900.jpg

...he picked us over Yanited in 2008 too, that should count towards his legacy here aswell.

Mitch

Blonde Brigade Grand Wizard
I feel your argument is weakened by the fact Ramsey scored more goals for the club than Brady and Merson wasn’t a midfielder.

Merson best position was central midfield, granted he was versatile enough to play on the wing but he was better centrally. Same could said about Ramsey in positions.

According to wiki Brady got 43 goals in 235 games whilst Ramsey got 40 in 262 games.

Breezy

Merson best position was central midfield, granted he was versatile enough to play on the wing but he was better centrally. Same could said about Ramsey in positions.

According to wiki Brady got 43 goals in 235 games whilst Ramsey got 40 in 262 games.

Merson rarely ever played central midfield for us. He started out as a forward. Dropped a bit deeper as a second striker behind Alan Smith then drifted more to the wings when Wrighty was brought in.

In all competitions Ramsey hit 64 in 369 matches to Brady’s 57 in 289. Brady was the better player though.

Mitch

Yes Ramsey scored a two important goals however for me to be a club legend you have to consistently good over large period of time for us.

For example Ramsey would be one of our worst players on the pitch 4 games out 5 and in 1 match he would be good. For me that isnt a legend material.

I mean I'd take Parlour as club legend over Ramsey all day and every day. Not only did he score big cup final, MOTM peformances against Utd but he consistently good for us. Hardly ever came away think Parlour had awful game which was common with Ramsey.

I would class cesc as more of club legend than Ramsey as Cesc peformed at a much, much higher level and far more consistently. Difference being under circumstances they left,, Cesc took a pay club to join his childhood club and the best team in the world. We didnt think Ramsey was good enough to merit a renewal of contract and didnt act on our verbal agreement and he went to be 5th choice cm at Juventus.

Last edited:

Mitch

Merson rarely ever played central midfield for us. He started out as a forward. Dropped a bit deeper as a second striker behind Alan Smith then drifted more to the wings when Wrighty was brought in.

In all competitions Ramsey hit 64 in 369 matches to Brady’s 57 in 289. Brady was the better player though.

Merson often played centrally behind Smith & Wright and then Wright and Bergkamp.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom