• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

What makes an Arsenal player a club legend?

Trofton

You’re all acting like Cesc snaked us for Chelsea. Wenger Hated players coming back which is why he didn’t like Henry as a coach and told him if he’s working with sky he needs to leave Wenger told cesc he wasn’t welcome back at the club

Anders Harbo

Angry Scandinavian #6
Why do you have to post sh*t like this? Such a bold statement with no backing. Meaningless generalisation

Posts like this just cause the animosity you get in threads
Allright dude. So a player that scored two winners in FA-cup finals is not a very important player in Arsenal’s history:facepalm:. “With no backing” wooops.
To be honest I don’t feel animositybat AM. “Meaningless generalisation” - woooops.

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

You’re all acting like Cesc snaked us for Chelsea. Wenger Hated players coming back which is why he didn’t like Henry as a coach and told him if he’s working with sky he needs to leave Wenger told cesc he wasn’t welcome back at the club
You can't say this when we took back Flamini. Pretty sure we took Sol Campbell for a bit as well but I might have imagined that one.

DanDare

Emoji Merchant and Believer-In-Chief
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Allright dude. So a player that scored two winners in FA-cup finals is not a very important player in Arsenal’s history:facepalm:. “With no backing” wooops.
To be honest I don’t feel animositybat AM. “Meaningless generalisation” - woooops.

Except you didn't put any of that in your post so yeah you there was no backing

wooooooops

AberGooner

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Gabriel
Cesc snaked Wenger by refusing to train in order to get his Barca move after he built the team round him. I'm sure that was a reason Arsène never took him back.
Even guys like Nasri played for us days before moving.

kash2

More Consistent Than Arteta
That was not my point though was it? :lol:

Of course Snake and Judas were better players, but as far as their standing in Arsenal history Ramsey is leagues above.

You don't have to think he's a club legend, fine, but he achieved and was instrumental in achieving trophies when we weren't winning any.
100% correct.

Notorious Big

Drunka In Friend Zone
Maybe "legendary " status of some player is different nowdays,but can you really put Ramsey in category of legends like Gerrard,Lamprad,Totti,Lahm,Zanetti,Ronaldo,Messi,Scholes,Henry and others in one club ?

kash2

More Consistent Than Arteta
Ramsey would have been a bonafide legend if Emery hadnt facked him off just to play his loverboy gandoozi.

Manberg

Predator
Maybe "legendary " status of some player is different nowdays,but can you really put Ramsey in category of legends like Gerrard,Lamprad,Totti,Lahm,Zanetti,Ronaldo,Messi,Scholes,Henry and others in one club ?

Ramsey is an Arsenal legend, much like the likes of Parlour, Merson, Ljunberg, Vieira, Pires, Winterburn, Rice, Rosicky etc.

Ramsey’s served Arsenal longer than many such legends and has delivered success too. He’s done everything required to pass as an Arsenal legend.

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

I actually liked Ramsey tbh, another player unfairly shat on at times - but legend, no.

Pyres7

Ramsey was a huge waste of potential, like Wilshere.

Feels like we're setting the bar too low if we're giving him legend status. I know he helped us win 2 FA Cups but so did Koscielny, so did Giroud. None of them are legends for me.

GoonerBoy19

Only players who were close to becoming legends at the Emirates were Cesc Fabregas and Robin van Persie and both of them threw it away.

From the current squad Auba, KT and Saka have potential to become one.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
You have to be a starting player for an Arsenal team that won a league title to be considered a legend here really.

Last edited:

Latest posts+

Top Bottom