• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

What should Arsène do about the RB position?

What should Arsène do about the RB position?

• Play Hoyte RB, he is really promising

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Play Toure RB and bring Cygan in at CB

• Recall Voltz and keep Toure in his favoured position

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Pikeypete

This may have been done to death in other threads, I just wondered what the count was for the best option.

Personally I reckon get Voltz back because we'll be playing Fulham in the next few games anyway; And leave Toure where he is in the centre, hes doing fantastic there.

lewdikris

Established Member
Volz no question. I can't help thinking Wenger's pulling our (or his own) leg about not wanting to recall Volz. Lauren's missing until the 7th of December, 3 EPL games, and so it would only be a month less than Volz should have got at Fulham. Plenty of experience. Plus Volz is the top performing right back in the league statistically - we need him, because Lauren just isn't consistent enough.

flotz

just thought about something
we have a problem in the cm position also for this game , and i think volz can also play as a midfielder...so anyway its better call him back!

KoLo28

Definately bring Volz back, i dont want Toure to be taken away from centre back he's doing so well and it might upset his form... plus i watched fulham v liverpool and he was brilliant and created fulhams goal with a great run down the right.

Exiled In Newcastle

Established Member
Totally agree with keeping Kolo in the centre. No question.

Personally I'd play Hoyte. Unless Ralphs going to have the op he needs on his knee.

The problem with Volz coming back for four games is he'd drop to the reserves when Ralph came back after 4 games. Then you have the problem that to send him back to Fulham would count as another load, and I'm not too sure how the regulations treat that. I'd prefer to leave him at Fulham for the moment, unless Ralph is going to have this op which would give Volz a much longer crack at the first team.

satan_beckham

volz,i still dont like the idea of cygan starting and since toure did so well in the centre,he should really stay there as shifing position sometimes affect the way u play.and who knows volz could do a cole and replace lauren in the RB position

Pikeypete

Exactly my thoughts Satan, Lauren might not get the RB spot back if Voltz has a lengthy crack at it. Then we'll have Lauren as a utility player who can play from the bench either as RB or RM. If we leave Voltz where he is then he may never have the opportunity to have a run of games. Lets face it Lauren isnt the strongest at defending attacks from the left.

Pikeypete

BTW, Exiled, where was your photo taken? You look like you're in a strip club or something the way your smiling and your eyes are popping out of your head! :)

Puuks

Pikeypete said:
BTW, Exiled, where was your photo taken? You look like you're in a strip club or something the way your smiling and your eyes are popping out of your head! :)

Which photo is this, surely you don't mean his avatar pik of the late great Rocky Rocastle!
If you knew exiled you'd know they wouldn't let him in a strip club, he'd put the girls off!!!!!

Pikeypete

Wow, I thought Exiled was a dead ringer for Rocky, no punn intended. :mrgreen:

8) God rest his greatness. 8)

Actually as it happens so is my mate 'Token' in the middle of my avatar

Sammer

Established Member
Its definately VOLZ. Toiure has to stay in centre, and I don´t have too much confidence in Cygan and Hoyte.

I think the Arsenal-supporters have a good feeling, who should be called back. Still I can kind of see the point that Arsène doesnt want Volz to be back in the reserve-squad, when Lauren returns.

However, I believe, that Lauren will not return to 1st squad once Volz has played a couple of games....

Webdesignlab

Established Member
I am sure Arsène is going to bring back Voltz. I am sorry to say that who cares if Voltz ends up in reserves after this? ( he may yet steal Laurens place).

This is an emergency, we need all players back now.

Cygan kinda worked at Spuds, but let's not experiment, put in a real RB.

Arjan

I'd say use toure as a RB and cygan in the centre.
Toure plays so good, that he as a right back will work out,
Cygan can use these matches to gain ome much needed confindence, and to prove that he is as good as Wenger thinks he is

Please leave Volz at Fulham, there is no substitute for premiership football.
He will learn so much there, that it is senseless to get him back for 3 or 4 matches and leave him after that in the reserves.
Let him play this year at fulham and next year start Volz as first choice rightback

kNiteMare

At first i agree with recalling Volz... but after reading all the articles my opinion changes...

let's give cygan a crack. He was starting to perform well at the end of last season be4 he suffers that injury, and during last game when he subs for lauren he was doing okie at CB.

Just give him another tries, and i agree that what's the point of bringing Volz back just for 4 games.

GoonerGurjit

Established Member
lewdikris said:
Volz no question. I can't help thinking Wenger's pulling our (or his own) leg about not wanting to recall Volz. Lauren's missing until the 7th of December, 3 EPL games, and so it would only be a month less than Volz should have got at Fulham. Plenty of experience. Plus Volz is the top performing right back in the league statistically - we need him, because Lauren just isn't consistent enough.

I agree.

Arjan

I thought that Volz was loaned out for the season???
That at least was the idea behind my post, but I still think we should give Cygan a change

A

Anonymous

common sense , says use the 24hr recall process and use volz. Volz has shown is a excellent replacement for lauren and can play against the big boys.

We are trying to judge what wengers does. From his previous decisions, i say he will not recall volz and use Kole in place of lauren and move Cygan in the middle.

I think that will be a major mistake.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

If you don't believe you can do it then you have no chance at all.

Arsène Wenger
Top Bottom