• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

What should Arsène do about the RB position?

What should Arsène do about the RB position?

• Play Hoyte RB, he is really promising

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Play Toure RB and bring Cygan in at CB

• Recall Voltz and keep Toure in his favoured position

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

flotz

volz has sth like 6 or 7 more games to play for fulham and with us he will play at least 4 games so i really think we should call him back because he will get match experience anyway

Arjan

va_va_voom said:
Call me revolutionary, lets play with no right back and a third up front. worth a laugh surely???

or old-fashioned,
because that is how they played in the 30's and the 40's. 5 strikers, 3 midfielders en 2 defenders....

A

Anonymous

I would play Hoyte. I rate this guy very highly and think he could be ashly cole #2.
On Voltz i dont think Wenger would recall him. Also it would be hard for him to walk from Fulham having got used to the set up there to walk into our team. Also it wouldnt do much for his confidence if he is dropped when ralph returns and is sent back to Fulham.

Btw, isnt Hoyte in the England under 20 squad? I think he is and im sure they are playing in a tournament soon, and with Wenger and his morals it wouldnt surprise me if he let him play for England. Does anyone know anything about this?

potterarsenal

dont move toure hes brilliant as cb. and DONT play that prick cygan or we will be leaking goals like leeds. :evil: :evil: :evil:

A

Anonymous

Well we can count Hoyte out.

As i thought he IS in the England under 20 squad along with Bently and Thomas to go to play in Dubai (sp?) next week.

For anyone interested Hoyte is playing right back now on sky sports one for the under 20's, but Bently and Thomas arent.

Burchill, a decent young stiker in our youth team is playing for Wales, he looks a good prospect.

Looks like its Toure to right back and Cygan to CB :(

JazzG

Established Member
Bring Volz back, when Lauren returns make him a CM with Paddy. Problem solved......

I think Cygan is ok but he shouldn't be used imo. Reason for that is Toure has been awesome in the centre so it would be foolish to move him.

Also Wenger said he would rather not move Toure and might use Hoyte. Hoyte can't play so surely this means Volz will be bought back.

invisibleman18

Established Member
give hoyte a chance. well at least give in one game or a half or we will see another young english prospect moving to the lower divisions. in a few years there will hardly be any english players in the top division at this rate. not that theres a great amount now.

Arnie

This post was made over six months ago, since when two transfer windows have passed and we are still complaining about the same thing.

I'm kinda feeling tired of it even though we do have the best manager around, i was thinking, is anyone else in my boat??

Arnie

lauren at rb was never the problem, it's what happens if he's injured, we have an answer to every other spot on the pitch!!

Spike

Established Member
Whatever he does don't seperate Kolo and Sol. They have a great defensive partnership. I would say give Hoyte a chance, he should gain the experience and be better mentally.

Gunner4life09

why we even discussing about this, Lauren hasn't done anything that wrong for him to get replaced, keep lauren. he was afterall voted RB in the Premiership XI last season. what's the problem???

Mark

Established Member
The problem is, as a defender, he is only noticed when he does something wrong. However, he does not have the reputation of Campbell or Cole and therefore is more heavily criticized when he makes mistakes, whereas when the other two make mistakes (which they do, believe it or not) they are not as heavily criticized because of their reputations.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

When Patrick Vieira came over from AC Milan, he didn’t know a word of English. We gave him accommodation, phone, car and an English teacher. I talked to Patrick in fluent French and before a game I asked in French, can you speak a bit of English to me? Patrick nodded and replied: Tottenham are shit!

David Dein
Top Bottom