• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

What Stage Are You in?

What stage are you in?

• Denial

Votes: 8 5.6%
  • Anger

Votes: 26 18.1%
  • Bargaining

Votes: 10 6.9%
  • Depression

Votes: 26 18.1%
  • Acceptance

Votes: 93 64.6%

• Total voters

Oxeki

Match Day Thread Merchant
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
For me, I'm in the acceptance stage. I've already given up hope of us going back and being what we were when we were competing for top four and playing in the latter stages of the CL.

I've held out that we'll one day turn it around, but as long as those gimp KSE are still here, I've accepted that we're going to be midtable table.

Zazu

Bargaining, I'm holding onto hope that we can win the EL this year and can propel us back to being a champs league side, even under Arteta.

A man can dream.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

Bargaining and here's why:

I still think there's hope under KSE to be a Liverpool type team who compete every few years. We'll never be favourites for the title/CL though and I'm fine with that.

There are two massive roles at this club that are cheaper to fix that the squad and could change the entire mood on here. One of them is manager, the other is whatever the f*ck Edu/Vinai are meant to be. The only difference between us and Leicester are those two roles and they challenge for the top four consistently. Now imagine if Leicester had our finances? They'd be able to challenge for the title imo.

But then I look at the club, see Vinai the rookie, Edu the dodgy dealer and Arteta (genuine question, who is Arteta's boss?) and then I move to depression.

Arsenal got me on the roads like
1618411944474.png

GDeep™

League is very weak
Acceptance.

A poorly run club with less ambition compared to our rivals, which I can understand given our rivals are either powerful superclubs like Utd, or sugar daddy clubs like City and Chelsea.

The days of great football, exciting signings, finishing at the top or near the top, competing in the CL etc, are long gone, it’s finished.

Finish top 6 next season would be considered success and progression, so that tells you where we are.

I have accepted we’re a bum club now, competing with a terrible Sp**s to see who is the best in a terrible North London.

El Duderino

That's, like, your opinion, man.
We're never going to be a well run club and Vinai and Edu show that.

KSE will always fall back into whatever the management team puts forth and have shown little to no interest in our daily governance other than Raul and that was due to some very shady stuff.

People are rewarded for failing here. I bang this drum a lot, but our CEO got twice promoted after getting scammed on a sponsorship deal.

Look at how Sp**s have overtaken have commercially... We are one of the biggest clubs in many emerging markets and the biggest one in London and we're playing second fiddle to Chelsea and Tottenham off the pitch.

For a self sufficient club that is a death sentence.

We have the resources to make out own luck, but it's been clear - specially post Wenger - that we just rather keep rolling the dice.

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐

KSE will always fall back into whatever the management team puts forth and have shown little to no interest in our daily governance other than Raul and that was due to some very shady stuff.

People are rewarded for failing here. I bang this drum a lot, but our CEO got twice promoted after getting scammed on a sponsorship deal.

Look at how Sp**s have overtaken have commercially... We are one of the biggest clubs in many emerging markets and the biggest one in London and we're playing second fiddle to Chelsea and Tottenham off the pitch.

We have the resources to make out own luck, but it's been clear - specially post Wenger - that we just rather keep rolling the dice.

I wonder if the person who is really underperforming the most is actually the person we talk least about...Vinai :O

AberGooner

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Gabriel
I'd say bargaining. I don't trust the owners to ever back us enough to be a consistent title challenging team but I still think with the right manager who can get the best out of the team both now and in the future we can put up a challenge for top 4 year on year. In the right circumstances we could possibly have the odd season here and there were we could maybe mount a title challenge. In order to do that though I think we'd need more proven and experienced people in the roles Edu and Arteta are filling. The only problem with this is I don't know if I could ever trust the owners to make the right appointments in order for us to achieve this.

It's kind of ironic now to think that I'm wishing for us to simply become a top 4 club again when we had that luxury every season under Wenger bar one, something which he was often criticised for. I never once wanted Wenger sacked but I must admit when he left I was curious and excited to see if it would mean us going upwards as a club as it was a great opportunity for whoever took over but unfortunately we've fallen further down than I ever thought possible.

Flying Okapis

Most Well-Known Member
Acceptance, have been for the past 6yrs, these days you have to accept that as a fan you literally have zero input in how the club is run, which direction it goes in and any decisions it makes.

I regularly question why I continue to support Arsenal when they literally give nothing back to my life, I would actually prefer if I could erase the 'fan' in me and just be a neutral who enjoys football.

I believe I would enjoy the sport a lot more if my 'connection' to Arsenal didnt exist.

RacingPhoton

Established Member
I have voted acceptance. Earlier, a loss used to piss my off and I think about it for at least a couple of days. But nowadays I don't bother much after the match is over. Acceptance may not be the right word. Because I think we will turn it around at some point. It may or may not be Arteta who does it. But it will happen and I am willing to stay emotionally unattached until them.

Rimaal

Mesmerised By Raccoons
Trusted ⭐
Depression.
Loving Arsenal has become a bit of a toxic relationship. It does not bring me joy, it causes me pain, but I just can't leave off following the club. Somedays I hate it, but then I remember all the wonderful times we've had and I fall in love again, only for the club to slap me in the face on the very next matchday.

I try to hope for the future, but nothing about the club inspires hope, not the squad, not the management, and especially not the administration (Vinai and Edu must go) and ownership.

I wait for the day I can breath easy again, but I fear the day may never come for me.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

I've long been in acceptance. We're not heading anywhere, it's been evident for so long. None of these people have the slightest clue, we're basically just hoping they stumble upon the right formula.

Btw be careful with posting these 5 stages stuff, I did something similar 3 years ago and one mod had a complete meltdown because of it.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
I was never grief-stricken, so haven’t gone through any stages at all. I understand the situation fully and I remain hopeful by looking at positives and visualise how they may materialise in the near future. Some of you tossers should try it sometime 🍻

Mrs Bergkamp

Double Dusted
Dusted 🔻
I'm in the acceptance phase but it's acceptance of that which is totally unacceptable. I don't see how we get out of this under KSE. Grief came the day Wenger walked out. Anger and depression on the EL final night. I seem to have bypassed bargaining and here I am. This forum is great therapy tbh :)

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

What option should you pick if you still completely back Arteta?

Well the first stage is actually meant to be denial not grief, at it is usually referred to as the 5 stages of grief. Grief being the overall process of going from denial to acceptance.

OnlyOne

‘Donkeys don’t have a peak, they remain useless’
Trusted ⭐

Yeah whatever Trilly says is how I feel.
As for @GDeep™ ’s comment, stupid really. If that’s the case you’d just avoid football and follow something else, support another club etc. No one using this forum is that deep.

squallman

Still Pining for Wenger

image.jpeg

Ivan "We can compete with Bayern Munich" Gazidis. Anyone who backed this clown over the boss should hang their head in shame

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Also football isn't really fun anymore, tbh...still enjoy seeing Arsenal win obviously, but it's not quite the same...still like the players, but I don't know, just isn't the same as it was even just 5 years ago...so it's easier for me to not care how average we are on and off the pitch these days...easier to take it in my stride.

Just glad Arsenal were great when football (and life) was at it's peak from 1997-2005!

Last edited:
Top Bottom