• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

What Stage Are You in?

What stage are you in?

• Denial

Votes: 8 5.6%
  • Anger

Votes: 26 18.1%
  • Bargaining

Votes: 10 6.9%
  • Depression

Votes: 26 18.1%
  • Acceptance

Votes: 93 64.6%

• Total voters

truth_hurts

but Holding’s hair transplant was painless
Been at acceptance for over a year. Not even sure if I could go back to the anger stage anymore. The club could sell Saka and Martinelli to Sp**s, make Holding club captain and let Arteta play Xhaka false 9 and it wouldn't bother me much.

Fewtch

Özil at 10 And Emery Out
I'm in the "Arsenal is a midtable club and we're probably going to stay there for at least another season" acceptance stage. Think i've not watched around 2/3 of this season which is probably more than twice the games i've missed between 2006-2018. Safe to say i barely give a **** about this club anymore.

ChefMan21

When your friends and colleagues ask 'What the hell is wrong with Arsenal, you've lost the plot?', I'd say it's a mix of acceptance, frustration, and depression. Usually they could point to one thing (and that would come in the form of a jab like 'Haha, Luiz is your best defender', but they're as confused as I. Suffice to say Arsenal has taken some fairly large strides backwards over the past few years and my excuses are wearing thin.

Game Over

I think I've finally entered the acceptance stage to be honest.

We'll never win the league again. Even top 4 seems like a serious long shot when comparing squads with our rivals. We're falling further away if anything, the owners don't really care and their appointed staff are incapable of stopping the slide.

But, I'm fine and at peace with it. Would be happier with a manager who could have us play attractive football at least though.

I'm glad I'm less invested in Arsenal/football in recent years and have more to occupy my weekends than in my 20's. I'd have been trapped between anger and depression otherwise.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
I think I'm at the bargaining stage because I only care about Hale End and the academy but that's basically been my entire stance from day dot. That the academy would save us and we dont lean into it anywhere near enough as we should and build on it. I dont know where that puts me.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

I accept that we’re sh*t. Since that Villa 3-0 defeat I’ve not been shocked.

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

I think I'm at the bargaining stage because I only care about Hale End and the academy but that's basically been my entire stance from day dot. That the academy would save us and we dont lean into it anywhere near enough as we should and build on it. I dont know where that puts me.
I think for the most part we lean into the right ones? As much as I don’t rate Arteta at all I like that he is protective of the youth players.

Experience is overrated, but all the stuff that comes with pro football is a man’s job. I’d hate for more to receive Eddie type hate just because they aren’t world class, or look dry cause they’ve followed the coaches instructions.

Last edited:

rich 1990

Not A Big Believer In Diversity
I've reached acceptance. If you watched even a minute today, you have a long way to go before you can even begin to reach that point.

2Smokeyy

5.0 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (49)
Trusted ⭐

Arteta is a made guy, none of us are, we just have to take it...no point breaking balls over this, decision is out of our hands.

@Riou holding Arteta’s pocket all the way to his sacking.

You hate to see it.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel

@Riou holding Arteta’s pocket all the way to his sacking.

You hate to see it.

Arteta is starting to make me feel like that episode of The Sopranos, were they all find out that Vito is gay.

"I can't believe I stood up for him, I feel like I have been stabbed through the heart!"

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

I've long been in acceptance. The only small thing is how some clearly talented players are being misused which is disappointing, other than that it's apathy. Maybe even a slight part of me which enjoys this given how Wenger was treated.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
To be honest.

I kind of feel too guilty over what happened to Arsène, to overly care about us ever being truly good again.

That coupled with the fact Stan is our owner, just here for the banter now.

Top Bottom