• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

what will we do without him?

gunner_down_under

everytime henry scores, I absolutely love it, but it just gets me shivering to think what we'll do without him.....i'm not saying he's gonna move to another club, but in case of (touch-wood), any injuries???....(touch-wood again), it doesnt happen!!!...cuz i dont think there's any player in the world at the moment who can replace him....let alone us affording the player!!

A

Anonymous

Before the Wolves game, Henry has only scored 2 of our last 20 goals.

Draw your own conclusions.

A

Anonymous

still we need a alternative

i cannot believe a coach in wengers stature cannot see we another striker. this new option could takes us another level

i just heard chelsea might go for Trezeguet in January.

i hope not

A

Anonymous

Exactly. If Henry is not scoring he creates chance for the others.

He plays with emotion and is creative. Best in the world.

Saying this he is not a natural striker like RVN. Without him in the team or if he not playing well we are just ordinary. We need another alternative.

slapz

and he has a class va va voom advert.. the one with animal from the muppets on the drums

siddharth

ASHBURRN said:
Before the Wolves game, Henry has only scored 2 of our last 20 goals.

Draw your own conclusions.

Oh great observation but you fail to notice that of those 20 goals almost all were Henry's assists.

XxGoonaStuxX

Yeah maybe. But apart form Henry. Pires, Ljungberg, Gilberto(occasionaly) they all scor. Including Bergkamo with a couple.
He may help create but without him we still have pires who is darn good at creating and ljungberg etc etc....

gunner_down_under

but everytime henry gets the ball, we can be sure of something happenin, u know wht i'm sayin, i cant say the same thing about any other player, maybe bergkamp and pires, but not as much as henry!!

JazzG

Established Member
siddharth said:
Oh great observation but you fail to notice that of those 20 goals almost all were Henry's assists.

Then explain to me why Henry has 4 goal assists in the league?

A

Anonymous

siddharth said:
You sure?

Check again.

Aussie

Established Member
He has only had four assits but he is like a magnet when he has the ball the opposition defenders get drawn towards him which frees up space for others

Andrew

Without him it would be a blow, but we would have to move on and forget about it. We will still be a great club without him, because it's not as if Henry has always been in the Arsenal team. We've won titles without him in the past so why can't we do it again?

reggiepaul

I'd like to break the bank and try and be simple for once.

The reason why Henry scores goals is he is our most forward player. The reason why he makes assists is, again, because he is our most forward player. The reason why he plays so often is, because he is capable of at this moment in time

BUT

we also have Bergkamp, Kanu, Aliadiere, Gilberto, Pires, Ljungberg, Edu, Vieira, Parlour, Clichy - well point being many other people behind him capable of doing the business. (business meaning actually playing at premiership level not play like henry)

If he wasn't around it would be a blow yes but he isn't the be all and end all of arsenal. If he had **** players around him we would be at the lower end of the table.

Fact is, people do take the ball off Henry. Henry does miss. Henry also drives forward with no support. Yes, Henry does fumble at times and on pitch consistency could be favoured towards our other players at times too.

Now - do we play without Henry? That is the logical scenario in light of your anxiety BUT that would be stupid, moronic and foolish BECAUSE he is an Arsenal player. We have to use him BUT he is great because of those around him. If you think otherwise you live in a Universe where only one player battles 11 others. Which isn't the case is it.

KoLo28

Even though he's only scored 2 of our last 20 and only 4 assists(im sure its more than 4) gunner down under still has a good point, we would struggle with out henry, even though we have other capable players. When ever we need something special we depend on henry and its his presence and skill which helps players like pires and ljungberg. He is a key link in our team and we wouldn't do aswell with out him.

reggiepaul

So let me pose this then.

Are Pires, Vieira, Ljungberg, Bergkamp, Aliadiere, Kanu, Gilberto, Edu, Campbell, Cygan, Cole, Lauren, Toure, Clichy, Lehmann - all ****e players?

This is the team we would have without Henry and without buying another player.

Latest posts

Top Bottom