What's happening with the site?

Discussion in 'Noticeboard' started by The Jury, Dec 21, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The  Jury

The Jury Well-Known Member

Having to type in a code when I/we want to log on, among numerous other annoyingly unexplained rubbish? Can we have some news from the top please, before the exodus reaches phase 3 and the site goes all the way down the pan. Cheers in advance.

2. USArsenal

USArsenal H.Y.I.C. Administrator

We've been experiencing the same issues (as well as some others). These issues have been reported to the owners and they are working on fixing them. By now, I'm pretty sure that the login problem has been fixed (at least, it seems to be fixed for me) and they are working on some of the other ones that you guys may or may not have noticed.

Believe me, it hasn't just aggravated you guys.

Thanks!

3. redanddread

redanddread Always negative

Good to know but still, the technical difficulties with this site go back a long way. It's still prone to going into meltdown on match days. Hopefully 2015 will be a better year for both Arsenal & this forum. A lot of members have disappeared over the last few years or so it seems.

4. The  Jury

[​IMG]

Today, I'm Iceman10.

:lol:

5. USArsenal

I know. I have been SomGooner in the past as well. I have noticed that there are still login glitches. Believe me, it has been brought up to the owners. The problems are making it very difficult to post..

6. The  Jury

We're moving in the right direction anyway, I think. I can deal with being someone else from time to time.

7. redwhiteAustrian

redwhiteAustrian Tu Felix Austria Administrator

These issues are all known to the owners of the site, and they're working on it. I don't know how long it'll take them to fix it, nor how excessive a work that'll turn out to be, though.

8. Anfield 1884

Anfield 1884 AM's Resident Liverpool Fan

Where have the Avatars gone?

9. Toast

Toast Well-Known Member

Was just about to bring this up. It's a minor issue, really, but it's odd. I can suddenly not see the majority of avatars (including my own), but some I can still see (e.g. those of MrBump, Redanddread, Uncle Mike, Loken.)

10. USArsenal

Also been brought up to the owners. There are a number of minor (and some major) issues that have been mentioned. What the status of the fixes are, I dont know, but they have been made aware.

11. Toast

Toast Well-Known Member

I think this one is new. My replies had wrong timestamps and ended up above the original post.

EDIT: found another one. I keep getting the 'You cannot make another post so soon after your last.' error despite waiting a couple of minutes. As a result it seems I cannot post anymore.

[​IMG]

12. Vinci

Vinci Head of the Asano Yakuza Clan

Had the same error, but just hit Submit a second time and it worked for me.

Is is just me or do recent posts disappear and reappear all the time. Yesterday on the matchday thread I was reading on page 12 for example, but when I refreshed posts disappeared and there were only 11 pages, refresh again and some posts came back.

13. Toast

Toast Well-Known Member

Test

14. Toast

Toast Well-Known Member

I guess the issue resolved itself...? Stil weird though.

15. USArsenal

No, it has not resolved itself. It may have on your end, but plenty are still having the issue. (and you're solving might be temporary like mine was)

16. Jasard

Jasard #PlayAMNInMidfield

Code:
    Fatal: Not able to open ./cache/data_global.php
    I would assume to tackle the issues with the site going down on load they went crazy with caching and caused a number of issues, or they changed server and have not set up permissions correctly. Should be a pretty quick fix but has been around for a long time now, think it has scared off a lot of people so they could probably revert their changes as we probably won't have load issues anymore! :p

17. USArsenal

Well, i could say (again) that the owners know (which they do), but I cant even pretend to know what they are doing to fix it. I, too, am still having issues. The Captcha thing is really pissing me off and being logged off as i switch sections as well..

18. Natnat

Natnat Active Member Elite

I had to try 3 times before I got logged in just now

19. baccy_man

baccy_man Active Member

I thought all the problems were because i have bought a new computer with windows 8.1 because i have trouble using IE on this new computer at least i know it is not my end,
    Something else that keeps happening is that the posts keep coming up as being read after you look at one post.

20. MutableEarth

MutableEarth Bloody awesome NSFW avatars Trusted

I was logged in as jones earlier!

This has got to get sorted soon :lol:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.