What's happening with the site?

Discussion in 'Noticeboard' started by The Jury, Dec 21, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jasard

Jasard #PlayAMNInMidfield

It looks fixed ?!

edit: better than it was anyway

2. redwhiteAustrian

redwhiteAustrian Tu Felix Austria Administrator

They're still working on it, I'm told.

3. redwhiteAustrian

The Avatars should be working again, log-in issues are next on the list.

4. Vinci

Vinci The Sultan of Unai

Good.

Wasn't able to log in at all the last couple of days.

5. albakos

albakos Arséne Wenger: "I will miss you" Administrator

I still have problems with login.

The Quick Reply box does not show up. When I press Post Reply button, I have to login and provide a code for the n-th time today.

When will the search function be back ?

I cannot search my own posts anymore. It is the easiest way for me to keep track of the discussions I participated in.

Also a note to admins. Why this forum still remains with phpBB is way beyond me. phpBB is a dinosaur in forum software and it's downright scary with the amount of security holes and vulnerabilities to server architectures.

If you move to Xenforo I am sure the membership will love it and many members will be back. Migrating from phpBB to Xenforo is seamless as there's built-in tool to import content, avatars, subscriptions, private messages, forum nodes etc..... Just look at the explosion in growth that those RedCafe pricks experienced when they moved from equally bad vBulletin to Xenforo. Their matchday threads,stats, player profiles etc.. are quality..

6. redwhiteAustrian

As we've all (that is Mods and Admins) said a number of times already, we don't have the power to do such a change. All we can do is to put it forward to the owners of the site, but eventually they decide what to do.

7. The  Jury

The Jury Well-Known Member

Amen to that.

Fecking phpBB. Seriously? We're meant to be the Arsenal--at the cutting edge of all things slick. The owner is a poor fit for this site. We need new owners--ones that actually give the slightest toss. Credit to the mods and admin for bothering to stay and keep us frustrated, blithering ****tards in check.

8. Trilly

Trilly ^ If Michael Owen posted on AM

We should all petition for a forum upgrade...or something.

9. albakos

AM is on a constant downward spiral ever since Jonathan sold the site to PlayLa (or whatever this crap company is called).

Due to lack of other Arsenal forums, we're stuck with this obsolete dinosaur of a forum software. We can do petitions all we want, but I don't think anything would change.

As long as we're stuffed with betting ads, annoying popups/popunders, spammy emails with various offers and such, I do not think there will be a change.

The only positive about this forum is the moderators who do an absolutely superb job. It's rare to have a dedicated team of mods. That's one of the biggest problems I have on the forums I own.

10. Jasard

I just can't be bothered posting any more really and discussion is pointless as every time I refresh different posts appear and rarely the latest ones.

11. THunter

THunter Are you not entertained? Trusted

Couldn't we make a new forum with the same mods etc in charge, I'm sure people would chip in to fund it if needed, not sure how you go about making one though. :lol:

12. redwhiteAustrian

I was just told the Long-in issues should be fixed now, same with the Search function, although they still need a bit of time to rebuild the search index.

13. Jasard

Still broken for me mate, just tried incognito just in case its plugins. Hope its not my account thats somehow broken!

14. AnthonyG

AnthonyG Arse Emeritus Administrator

spotfuckingon, brother.

15. redwhiteAustrian

You still have log-in issues?

16. Jasard

Yeah, so just now I went on this thread after logging in then back to the index to just to see what happens and it the login panel came back. Then I came back to this and I was logged in. But I will then get logged out after posting this.

17. redwhiteAustrian

Thanks, I've let them know.

18. albakos

Hahaa, don't know if that's you agreing or sarcastic reply :)

Until few months ago, we still had Na$ri as our top scorer on AM homepage.

19. USArsenal

USArsenal H.Y.I.C. Administrator

Pretty certain he was serious with that comment.

20. albakos

Here's another gem.

The posts number seems to be inflated in hypergalactic proportions :D

Example, this post number is p=2857674702114770809

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.