What's happening with the site?

Discussion in 'Noticeboard' started by The Jury, Dec 21, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Toast

Toast Well-Known Member

I cannot send private messages anymore. The system tells me the users I try to contact 'do not exist'.

2. redwhiteAustrian

redwhiteAustrian Tu Felix Austria Administrator

They've been made aware of the issue and are working on it.

3. redwhiteAustrian

PMs should be working again, at least for me.

4. bingobob

bingobob He played for Celtic? Sign him up!

Still having log in issues

5. Toast

Toast Well-Known Member

It's still not working for me. :(

6. krengon

krengon One Arsene Wenger Trusted

Not sure if it's just me, but I keep getting logged out whenever I go to a new thread/sub-forum and I still have posts dissappearing(really noticable in match day threads)

7. USArsenal

USArsenal H.Y.I.C. Administrator

Its not just you.. most are having a problem. which is why the traffic on this site has pretty much dried up.

8. albakos

albakos Arséne Wenger: "I will miss you" Administrator

USArsenal, redwhiteAustrian and to other admins/mods. You guys do a good job of moderating that little ammount of traffic that's left out of this once a great forum.

I'd like to know if the owners (who seem to have no f** clue about online communities) have considered upgrading the dinosaur phpBB software with XenForo? It's become a norm and the largest forums are doing so in mass. Forums with 100M+ posts have moved and the traffic, user experience has gone skyhigh.

I hate to see AM going in an apathy like this. We've spent years of sharing our opinions and love for our club, so to see it like this it kinda sucks. It's experiencing a slow death, while almost nothing is being done to address the major issues.

9. redwhiteAustrian

I've been told they looked at it again, but couldn't find anything wrong. Only reason could be, that the maximum number of PMs (50) in the inbox/outbox is reached at any end.

10. redwhiteAustrian

I've been told that they tweaked something with the current forum software, and they hope these issues should be gone for now.

11. redwhiteAustrian

The owners "hear" us, albakos and they're working on it but I neither know the current state of their work, nor any results of that, as of yet.

12. yousif_arsenal

yousif_arsenal King of Twitter Rumours Moderator

I think the sites is working a bit fine for me now. i don't have to log in every time to make a post .

13. redwhiteAustrian

I've just opened a new Thread with an Update to the situation.

14. tap-in

tap-in :|

I stopped using the site in Jan as it drove me crazy. I'm back now and it seems fine, "New Posts" has reappeared and I remain logged in when changing threads.

15. Rex Banner

Rex Banner Massive SAFophile Trusted

Not a major problem but when I open specific threads an Error message pops up. Like I said I don't mind, just thought I'd let you guys know if you didn't already.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.