• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

When should Arsène Wenger have left ??

kash2

More Consistent Than Arteta
You make up a lot of stuff but atleast your posts make me laugh. Cesc and Nasri cut Wenger deep I agree.

I doubt Kronke hated Arsène he made him too much money and took a lot of bullets for him. I’m sure when Kronke bought the club Wenger was a factor.

I suspect hostility at executive level came from Gazidis and the wave of goons he continuously hired to undermine Wenger . We will never know though.

you make me laugh by thinking Gazidis could do anything without the owners directions. Kroenke bought the club for its assets. Now its a cash cow and he will milk it and Wenger was the only one who could have disrupted this agenda.

How did he accept 2nd best? That was the situation, other clubs had money and we didn’t.
To an extent, he did accept second best. All he had to do was find value in the market. We did have the magnet then, so most unknown talented players would be easily lured. Instead, he chose to sign Kalstrom, Chamack, Park, Squillaci, Sylvester:facepalm: and company. Let's not begin to act like he was Jesus.

kash2

To an extent, he did accept second best. All he had to do was find value in the market. We did have the magnet then, so most unknown talented players would be easily lured. Instead, he chose to sign Kalstrom, Chamack, Park, Squillaci, Sylvester:facepalm: and company. Let's not begin to act like he was Jesus.
with two strikers who cant head the ball...its funny to hear people dissing on Chamakh.

Well, we have a team that can fackin run around and show pashun .... enjoy

with two strikers who cant head the ball...its funny to hear people dissing on Chamakh.

Well, we have a team that can fackin run around and show pashun .... enjoy
Are you insinuating Chamack was a fit here?

Makavelii

Never thought I’d be o the same side of an argument as Gdeep. But he’s right.

The decline wasn’t Wengers fault. It’s just the times and the stingy owners compared to competitors.
Without Arsène, we’re a lot worse off.

kash2

Are you insinuating Chamack was a fit here?

wenger was shopping at walmart and not at harrods. He managed. He made the misfits fit and worked around them. I remember once we had nothing going for us, so we did the quarterback thing where Sagna would win the ball from the GK and release theo.

People who cant even understand basic stuff, can never understand the details and tweaks Wenger kept doing to stay competitive. It was a masterclass in football management and it gave hope to the entire footballing world, that its possible to counter the huge disbalance in money power.

wenger was shopping at walmart and not at harrods. He managed. He made the misfits fit and worked around them. I remember once we had nothing going for us, so we did the quarterback thing where Sagna would win the ball from the GK and release theo.

People who cant even understand basic stuff, can never understand the details and tweaks Wenger kept doing to stay competitive. It was a masterclass in football management and it gave hope to the entire footballing world, that its possible to counter the huge disbalance in money power.
Okay.

kash2

You can't absolve him from any blame. Other people ****ed up, but so did he.

everyone makes mistakes from time to time, but its crazy to have this kind of attitude to the one person who was keeping the wolf from the door, in the face of assholes everywhere, from the FA, dirty money, brexity incel fans, mob media, bent referees and rapacious owners.

L3T5 PL4Y

Flair Accuser
He came 2nd in the league. If that's past it what are you calling our recent mid table seasons. Never read such claptrap. :lol:
Against Leicester in a season where all our rivals downed tools. Immediately after that the rivals got back to their respective levels and regardless of Arsenal spending and we fell out of the top 4 altogether. Stop trying to bend everything to your version of events, honestly.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
He came 2nd in the league. If that's past it what are you calling our recent mid table seasons. Never read such claptrap. :lol:

Mourinho came second and was sacked shortly after. The manor in which you come second is the most important. We finished on a 4th place point total to come 2nd and lost the league to Leicester. It meant **** all in the grand scheme of things, unless you think finishing 2nd in a terrible season 10 points behind Leicester City is a good achievement? Or is it simply an achievement because you pray to the Wenger gods daily?

Poch pulled Sp**s up to being a regular CL team, had a similar season when trying to fight for the title with Leicester and got to a CL final. What happened to him? He was sacked shortly after because he wasn't winning big titles. People say it was a poor decision, but now Sp**s look like one of the best placed teams to win the title this season under their new manager.

Getting rid of people at the right time is so important and sadly we got rid of Wenger way too late.

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
2004 to 2014 was a lean, lean, lean period for Arsenal.

Our overall spending in that whole period was bottom of the table. £12m total according to transfermarkt. That's all the club had to lay out. We were a selling club, it's the only way we survived. £310m in purchases, £298m in sales. Stoke spent more than us.

Makingtrax

Trusted ⭐

Compare that to Chelsea £828m in purchases, £3o5m in sales. Club layout £523m, not £12m! And idiots on here said Mourinho had Wenger's number. :lol:

Makingtrax

Trusted ⭐

Compare that to Sp**s, purchases £582m, £416m in sales. Club spend £166m. Well over 10 times Arsenal. Yet Wenger beat them every single year. The man was genius.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
2004 to 2014 was a lean, lean, lean period for Arsenal.

Our overall spending in that whole period was bottom of the table. £12m total according to transfermarkt. That's all the club had to lay out. We were a selling club, it's the only way we survived. £310m in purchases, £298m in sales.

Odd comment when most people appreciate what Wenger did in the 2004-2014 period. Its the 4 years after that where people are left scratching their heads. Purely because Wenger was able to spend but the team regressed, makes no sense really.

You have to admit, the man became a dinosaur and things started leaving him behind.

Makingtrax

Trusted ⭐

Odd comment when most people appreciate what Wenger did in the 2004-2014 period. Its the 4 years after that where people are left scratching their heads. Purely because Wenger was able to spend but the team regressed, makes no sense really.

You have to admit, the man became a dinosaur and things started leaving him behind.
I keep telling you, but you won't listen. You can't build a squad in 2 years. By 2015/16 the fans were already sick of him, even though he went from 4th to 3rd to 2nd.

Where are we now?

Makingtrax

Trusted ⭐

2015/16 onwards the man went into melt down. But so would you under that intense pressure from media and fans. Should have left 2004.

Makingtrax

Trusted ⭐

Against Leicester in a season where all our rivals downed tools. Immediately after that the rivals got back to their respective levels and regardless of Arsenal spending and we fell out of the top 4 altogether. Stop trying to bend everything to your version of events, honestly.
You don't understand how football works. Simple as. Wenger had the worst injury record in the league, yet the other teams 'downed tools'. lmao.

Godwin1

Very well-known
From a personal perspective he probably should have left the moment the board had him in front of the cameras lying for them. From a competitive sense he was very much on the downward trajectory come the Leicester season he should have left and done something different as soon as the season ended. And finally from the owners point of view he left as soon as he couldn't hit his targets which was correct timing for them though in a move which beggars belief they didn't seem to have planned his succession.

Makingtrax

Trusted ⭐

From a competitive sense he was very much on the downward trajectory come the Leicester season he should have left and done something different as soon as the season ended.
You say that, but what evidence are you giving. He finished 2nd, he had the most clean sheets in the league, he got 71 points and his goal difference was 29 . . very much in line with previous seasons if not better.

I can take that comment from some posters because that's just something to say, because they were caught up in the hype without thought. But not from you.

Top Bottom