• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

When should Arsène Wenger have left ??

Notorious Big

Drunka In Friend Zone
Competition was also stronger in later years when Arsène was there.Maybe "Big 4 " had some seasons off like Arsenal,but Sp**s and City were much more serious teams and used to be regular in top 6.

With our lack of quality,it was much tougher to compete like in period from 2006 to 2011.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
We already had this thread to be fair :lol:@say yes made it."When Wenger lost you ? ",think it was something like that.

Newer members might not have been there then, let anyone start whatever thread they want is my motto (within reason of course) no one is forcing anyone to look/post in it.

Guess a mod could merge it with an existing thread, if there is one.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
I have no problem with that,just replied to @OnlyOne ,while he was pissed about that :lol:

If I started a thread titled "Why Arsenal era Özil is better than Arsenal era Fabregas..." how would you feel about that ;)

I reckon my boy @American_Gooner would pin it to the top of Arsenal talk.

Reactions: A_G

MD3 Gunner

All Deals Off
@American_Gooner only hates Cesc as a person and because of his actions when he left Arsenal.Deep down he knows that Fabregas was better player at Arsenal than Özil :lol:
I don't hate Fabregas for leaving not even for joining Chelsea because we rejected the opportunity to exercise a buy back option on him but I hated it when he kissed their badge.. Felt offended

Notorious Big

Drunka In Friend Zone
I don't hate Fabregas for leaving not even for joining Chelsea because we rejected the opportunity to exercise a buy back option on him but I hated it when he kissed their badge.. Felt offended

He made some mistakes overall,still think that he loves Arsenal and probably regrets that he left us at first place.From professional's point of view he didn't do anything wrong.Went to better club in 2011 and than we rejected him in 2014.

MD3 Gunner

All Deals Off
He made some mistakes overall,still think that he loves Arsenal and probably regrets that he left us at first place.From professional's point of view he didn't do anything wrong.Went to better club in 2011 and than we rejected him in 2014.
Agreed.. I 100% agreed with everything he said in his interview about 2 months ago.. Nasri and RVP were the only 2 other players on his level and we failed to build the team around them. Btw loved it when Thierry told him forget Chelsea you're a gooner by heart

Wenger should have left in 2030.

But I like Arteta. I hope we are patient with him and ready to give him time to develop the squad. It can take a few seasons of trials and errors but he is a character I like a lot and see a lot of potential with!

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

Arsène hated Sven as he took his transfer power away, remember when Sven signed and Arsène said... “We know the players. We know. It’s not that we discover, we know every single player in Europe before Sven arrived. Sometimes, in a little club in Germany, he might know somebody we might ignore.” ...Arsène killed him with that :rofl:

Plus Sven wasn't really that good for us, not unless you wanted every past it Dortmund player.

I think that answer was more of a criticism of journalists asking stupid questions than Sven necessarily. By that point it was clear he wasn’t making decisions on transfers.

As for Sven I think he was good, people expecting transfer Jesus were always going to be disappointed but he made a series of very smart buys and in the very short time he was here, I don’t think he had many misses.

People misrepresent what he was here to do, it wasn’t his job to find some randomer playing in the Ukrainian third division that no one else knows about.

That’s almost impossible to do in modern football when there’s hundreds of clubs with armies of scouts.

His job was to decide which of the thousands of players out there we should buy. Apparently he wanted to get Perisic and Ismaila Sarr last summer. Seems he was right there, both have outperformed Pepe handily this year and would have cost under half what he did.

Could have put all the remaining money towards an improvement at CB.

Yeah he was overrated imo, Decided to sign Sokratis when Soyoncu was available only scouted Guendouzi who imo is overhyped

"Sven is interested in Caglar Soyuncu -- there are concrete talks, and all that remains is for a fee to be agreed," that was Soyuncu’s agent and he was apparently his number one target that summer.

Guendouzi might be overhyped but if you were to sell him today you’d probably sell for five times what we paid for him. Hard to paint that transfer as anything other than a massive success.

Last edited:

scytheavatar

Established Member

Cesc made it clear in that Arseblog interview that he didn't regret leaving us. Which meant that he's being dishonest in pretending like he would have been eager to rejoin us in 2014, Wenger and co probably realized that and that is why they never bothered trying to sign him back.

Notorious Big

Drunka In Friend Zone
Cesc made it clear in that Arseblog interview that he didn't regret leaving us. Which meant that he's being dishonest in pretending like he would have been eager to rejoin us in 2014, Wenger and co probably realized that and that is why they never bothered trying to sign him back.

Barcelona already had clause to contact Arsenal first if Fabregas ever leaves Barcelona.Doubt that we went too much about his dishonesty or not,Wenger just said that we have too many players in his position.

MD3 Gunner

All Deals Off
Barcelona already had clause to contact Arsenal first if Fabregas ever leaves Barcelona.Doubt that we went too much about his dishonesty or not,Wenger just said that we have too many players in his position.
Which we did tbh we had so many no 10s in the team we would play Wilshere on the LW and Cazorla on the RW

Oxeki

Match Day Thread Merchant
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
If I started a thread titled "Why Arsenal era Özil is better than Arsenal era Fabregas..." how would you feel about that ;)

I reckon my boy @American_Gooner would pin it to the top of Arsenal talk.
Come to think of it, I think a thread of that nature is ripe for creation, whaddya think?

Top Bottom