• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

When should Arsène Wenger have left ??

kash2

More Consistent Than Arteta
I haven't side stepped any of your points. Stop now.
seems stans army is out in force to gaslight its way out of the current situation which lays bare their venality and incompetence.

here is the latest dynamic duo desperately seeking to divert and divide.

Stan screwed this club. Look at the past 2.5 yrs and see how **** this management and ownership has been.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
seems stans army is out in force to gaslight its way out of the current situation which lays bare their venality and incompetence.

here is the latest dynamic duo desperately seeking to divert and divide.

Stan screwed this club. Look at the past 2.5 yrs and see how **** this management and ownership has been.

So **** that they've spent 240M over the past two years.

The fact is every organisation will make good decisions and bad decisions. But absolute tools will jump on the bad decisions without ever recognising the good, especially if they're like you.

kash2

More Consistent Than Arteta
So **** that they've spent 240M over the past two years.

The fact is every organisation will make good decisions and bad decisions. But absolute tools will jump on the bad decisions without ever recognising the good, especially if they're like you.

stans abusive troll showing true colors

Godwin1

Very well-known
He had the worst injury record in the league and we lost our best player early on. All teams had problems.

I ask again, where's your actual evidence of decline up to 2015/16. I'm not being confrontational, because you and I normally have some good discussions.

Post 2015/16 I agree Wenger lost his 20 year form. But that's another story and the fans had a big part to play in that.
I'm sorry mate I just don't see it, we were top of the league in january and went on a run of poor form with a fit squad, Sanchez got injured at the end of january after we surrendered our lead and by the time Cazorla got his big injury later in the year it was already game over. I just refuse to believe peak Wenger wouldn't have seen that season out as the winning team just as I don't believe his decline happened immediately after this missed opportunity in the close season.

Mo Britain

Doom Monger
Why is there such a driving force for people to slag him off though. What's the motive. Guilt? Just wondering if you could throw any light on it mate.
To mask attention from the fact they were calling for his sacking for years and ever since he went we've gone downwards in the league.

They wanted him to go because he was holding us back and now they can't admit they were wrong then so they prefer to go on dissing him. It's called deceit and denial.

After the heady early years, when the financial situation deteriorated (new stadium plus lots of money coming in for other teams) Wenger was an excellent manager of decline, the other guys have come in thinking they will make the difference only to find the odds are stacked against them.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
The demise started with Wenger. We finished 5th and 6th in his last 2 seasons. It’s a result of decisions and players bought in during the end of the Wenger era. We weren’t playing attractive football in Wenger’s last two years either, aside from the odd game.
Sshhhhh, Dave... We’re meant to be pretending the fan base were all sick and tired for no apparent reason! Play the game, lad.

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
To mask attention from the fact they were calling for his sacking for years and ever since he went we've gone downwards in the league.

They wanted him to go because he was holding us back and now they can't admit they were wrong then so they prefer to go on dissing him. It's called deceit and denial.

After the heady early years, when the financial situation deteriorated (new stadium plus lots of money coming in for other teams) Wenger was an excellent manager of decline, the other guys have come in thinking they will make the difference only to find the odds are stacked against them.
I think you're spot on. What a club, where it's own supporters can't stop pretending that one of best managers ever, let alone at Arsenal, turned out to be mediocre. 'Deceit and denial'.

Makingtrax

Trusted ⭐

I'm sorry mate I just don't see it, we were top of the league in january and went on a run of poor form with a fit squad, Sanchez got injured at the end of january after we surrendered our lead and by the time Cazorla got his big injury later in the year it was already game over. I just refuse to believe peak Wenger wouldn't have seen that season out as the winning team just as I don't believe his decline happened immediately after this missed opportunity in the close season.
'He should have done better', isn't evidence bro. 2015/16 was no worse statistically than any of the previous seasons.

That season Wenger had more injury problems than any other team in the league. The story that all the richer teams had problems but Wenger didn't, is a complete fabrication. As is the one that he should have seen that Cazorla would be finished in the November, or Giroud would dry up in the new year, and bought replacements.

Now if he'd been mid table just once in 22 years, like the current managers, fair enough. But to get so worked up at him coming 2nd in the league, and start a two year viscious campaign of rants, planes, protests and boycotts to sink him out of the top 4, so they could finally say, 'I told you he was past it', is unforgivable in my view.

Makavelii

The demise started with Wenger. We finished 5th and 6th in his last 2 seasons. It’s a result of decisions and players bought in during the end of the Wenger era. We weren’t playing attractive football in Wenger’s last two years either, aside from the odd game.

We were still doing better than since he left.

Under Wenger we would’ve at least always stayed in that 3rd-6th bracket. Now we can’t even do that.

Makavelii

Sshhhhh, Dave... We’re meant to be pretending the fan base were all sick and tired for no apparent reason! Play the game, lad.
They were sick and tired for understandable reasons.
It’s just that they falsely attributed those reasons to Arsène Wenger.

He wasn’t perfect. I’m a critic of his youth strategy (he went way too far with that in the latter years). But he was a great strategist and a great manager. Arsenals best of all time.

Until we do a rehaul of the club and build in a new data driven strategy from the ground up, we won’t do better than Wenger.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
We were still doing better than since he left.

Under Wenger we would’ve at least always stayed in that 3rd-6th bracket. Now we can’t even do that.
No we weren’t. You’re blinded by nostalgia. We were slipping at an alarming rate and we had better players plus an Özil who could be half bothered. Paying fans were voting with their feet for good reason, and it wasn’t because we played great football or were getting results. We were playing t half full stadiums for Christ’s sake ... We were a laughing stock. Nobody knows whether he’d have turned it around but there was absolutely zero reason to suggest he could on the evidence. Lord knows how anyone could be pining for Wenger. You move forward you look forward.

squallman

Still Pining for Wenger
No we weren’t. You’re blinded by nostalgia. We were slipping at an alarming rate and we had better players plus an Özil who could be half bothered. Paying fans were voting with their feet for good reason, and it wasn’t because we played great football or were getting results. We were playing t half full stadiums for Christ’s sake ... We were a laughing stock. Nobody knows whether he’d have turned it around but there was absolutely zero reason to suggest he could on the evidence. Lord knows how anyone could be pining for Wenger. You move forward you look forward.

Better players? Where? If you're talking about Wenger's last two seasons then I cannot agree.

Leno is better than Cech
Aubameyang is better than Giroud (although we signed Auba in Wenger's last season)
Partey > Every other defensive midfielder at the club
Tierney > end stages Monreal. The Spaniard was a fan favourite but he was done a good year or two before he left. If Bellerin was putting in the type of performances that Monreal was, he would be slaughtered.

I can't remember who we played on the wings in those days.

Ramsey is a better attacking presence but he was here in Emery's first season.

Makavelii

The fact that Özil could be half bothered is a plus to Wenger. Not a negative. He got more out of lesser players than either Emery or Arteta (so far).

I’m not blinded by nostalgia. I’m just in acceptance that the top of the EPL became more competitive.
Wenger is the best we could do and was unfairly scapegoated.

It’s unlikely for us to find another prime Wenger anytime soon. So moving forward, we need a data driven rehaul of the club to compete with Liverpool and City again.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
Better players? Where? If you're talking about Wenger's last two seasons then I cannot agree.

Leno is better than Cech
Aubameyang is better than Giroud (although we signed Auba in Wenger's last season)
Partey > Every other defensive midfielder at the club
Tierney > end stages Monreal. The Spaniard was a fan favourite but he was done a good year or two before he left. If Bellerin was putting in the type of performances that Monreal was, he would be slaughtered.

I can't remember who we played on the wings in those days.

Ramsey is a better attacking presence but he was here in Emery's first season.
Apart from Auba over Giroud, can’t agree with any of that. We had a team that finished runners up and had some big personalities compared to now. Bottom line is you are forgetting that the vast majority of the fan base had had enough, including those that had already paid to enter the stadium. We were awful.. That’s where we were left.

You named 5 players that cost us 11m? Doesn’t that tell you something? Half the players you mentioned were free.
Yes, but they featured a lot in the first team and cost the team a lot of points. Plus it's not always about the fee, the wages also matter when a player is being signed.
Your point sort of reminds me about the Willian and Kola signings. Free but expensive you know. Could we have found better, cheaper alternatives? Of course. Maybe even internally.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
Make a good point to the Wenger bum lick brigade and they'll consistently find a way to spin it. Bring up a good point? Oh injuries happened. Bring up another good point? Well the fans must've done it!

Give it a rest.

Joestlaachmkr

AW should have left the club after the 2014/15 season, and we should got Klopp as his replacement. I love Wenger, but i lost faith in him around 2010 or so when he tried to get us to play the same football as Barcelona.

Makingtrax

Trusted ⭐

AW should have left the club after the 2014/15 season, and we should got Klopp as his replacement. I love Wenger, but i lost faith in him around 2010 or so when he tried to get us to play the same football as Barcelona.
Good job he stayed then. Coming 2nd in 2015/16 before the fans took him down will likely be our highest finish for many a year.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom