• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Which player(s) are you most excited to see in pre season? (Pre season thread)

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
It's time for Akpom to deliver, he has an opportunity.

First preseason coming up for Özil, sounds weird saying that.
He needs to score at least a few goals going into the season, at least to have some modicum of confidence.

Gooner Zig

AM's Resident Accountant
Trusted ⭐

@yousif_arsenal - you just mirrored my exact thoughts - I really want Ox to have a good pre-season and be injury free - he's going to be especially important in the first 4-6 weeks as Alexis will be given an extended break IMO.

Kid has everything you want in a wide player - pace, strength, dribbling, powerful shot

Two things letting him down at the moment
1. His body - really sick of the soft tissue injuries he suffers - medical staff need to get his body right;
2. Decision making - this is a big one - he lets himself down in the final third by making some poor decisions. Improve this and his numbers will sky rocket.

14_4

Is it weird that I'm very excited about our first pre season match? I can't wait to see all our players in action.

Danskin

Established Member
I don't even care if it's a Singapore XI side, I just want to see those sexy beasts in our new kit tearing **** apart.

Clrnc

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Tomiyasu
I don't even care if it's a Singapore XI side, I just want to see those sexy beasts in our new kit tearing **** apart.
Our Singapore team is extremely weak. Although Arsène said we will be fielding all our 2nd stringers, I still expect Arsenal to win comfortably.

I'm excited to see Crowley and that young French guy actually.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
Our Singapore team is extremely weak. Although Arsène said we will be fielding all our 2nd stringers, I still expect Arsenal to win comfortably.

I'm excited to see Crowley and that young French guy actually.
Reine-Adelaide sounds like an interesting player. Tall dribbler capable of playing anywhere in attacking midfield. Wenger sounds like he wants to play him at CM lol.

Furious

Emery Gone, Telly Back On
Reine-Adelaide sounds like an interesting player. Tall dribbler capable of playing anywhere in attacking midfield. Wenger sounds like he wants to play him at CM lol.

Interesting, Diaby already replaced? Who is he and when has he joined us mate?

Danskin

Established Member
He signed a few months ago from Lens. I've heard great things about him - some people say he's one of the best French talents out there today and Wenger seems to rate him quite highly already. As @MutableEarth noted, he can play anywhere across the attacking midfield and Wenger seems keen to develop him in the centre. Remember when he wanted to do that with Chamberlain? Maybe he will try it with Reine-Adelaide.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
Interesting, Diaby already replaced? Who is he and when has he joined us mate?
One of the 2 youngsters we got from Lens - he's 17 years old. I know very little about him other than watching him play in the U17 final a while back. He's pretty quick and strong, and he's a good dribbler. He played out wide in the final, but he's also an AM. Wenger seems to see him playing as an all-round central midfielder. He sees that with a lot of our wide talents at the moment but he's mentioned it off the bat with this one so it'll be interesting to see what happens with him.

Artisan

Not Emery's Old Pal
Speaking of the u17 Euros, been watching highlights since we got this kid. France u17 striker Odsonne Edouard was pretty ridiculous. Was scoring couple of goals a game. His first touch was a bit loose, but he had good movement and great variety of finishing ability. I see he play at PSG, but hope we keep tabs on him. Think he could be big in the future.

Definitely Wilshere, feel like he is finally about to hit the potential he so obviously has.

Looking forward to seeing Flamini's on pitch tactical coaching with Bielik and Coquelin, his instructional work is surely paying dividends in training for those guys.

Artisan

Not Emery's Old Pal
CJvL9EPWUAAR4-0.jpg
CJvL9EPWUAAR4-0.jpg
CJvL9EPWUAAR4-0.jpg
7OdafMV.jpg

Looks like Toral is on tour after all?

Edit; apparently he replaced Reine-Adelaide. Kinda disappointing.

BobP

Memri Fan
****, wanted to see what this Adelaide kid was made of.

The new on Ainsley is fantastic to hear, have a feeling he'll make it, gives off great vibes. Seems like a quiet, hard working, level headed young man who is determined to succeed.

Top Bottom