• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Which player(s) do you think will benefit most playing under a new manager?

albakos

Arséne Wenger: "I will miss you"
Administrator

Player:Saka
I think players like Welbeck, Bellerin and Ramsey would have problems, because they have poor ball control and often lose posesssion due to miscontrol.

But Ramsey has many other benefits to the team, while Welbeck is a true workforce, who slot into his intense pressing plans.
Bellerin could be improved if there is a reliable RW partner in front.

Of the rest, I do think Jack and his lack of fitness could be a problem and coupled with his contract issues it might be the end of him here.

I really hope Emery goes on to get a reliable goalkeeper and not count as much on ageing and error-prone Cech.

shootxhakashoot

Özil lives rent-free in my head
Hard to pick one as I think most will benefit. I'll stick my neck out and say if Mustafi stays, he will benefit hugely, this is based on where he is now and where I think he can be. Of the younger players I'll go Nelson & AMN, although if we bring in Seri his mins will be effected. I also think one very important group will benefit, us, the fans. "I'd rather win 5-4 than 1-0!" Well so would I Unai!
hmm, yes. To be honest just winning regularly would be good.
The occasional high scoring game has been used as proof in the past and excuses for the club of "entertainment" which it is of course.
The regularity of those sort of results under the old regime was indicative of huge defensive frailties, even when we won through, the Leicester game start of last season being perfect example. That was just a harbinger of the chaos to come even though we won it 4-3, I remember groaning at the time thinking wtf, wtf, wtf as the goals flew in.
But hey if that result under Emery could be turned into a regular thing and MOSTLY results in our favour Im all for 5-4 every week, why not, fun ;)
Its not sensible to set out a stall that way though in this league.

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me
hmm, yes. To be honest just winning regularly would be good.
The occasional high scoring game has been used as proof in the past and excuses for the club of "entertainment" which it is of course.
The regularity of those sort of results under the old regime was indicative of huge defensive frailties, even when we won through, the Leicester game start of last season being perfect example. That was just a harbinger of the chaos to come even though we won it 4-3, I remember groaning at the time thinking wtf, wtf, wtf as the goals flew in.
But hey if that result under Emery could be turned into a regular thing and MOSTLY results in our favour Im all for 5-4 every week, why not, fun ;)
Its not sensible to set out a stall that way though in this league.

I'd be happy to be boring boring Arsenal again and win 1-0 every game but at the end of the day the fans prefer an exciting game and win, rather than a dull game and win. I was really just highlighting his passion for exciting football but 5-0 would be better than 5-4 :)

celestis

Arsenal-Mania Veteran

Interesting how specifically Gazidis mentioned Mavro when walking through the tunnel with Unai. Makes you think he has big plans for him.

Meh was probably saying our grandads came from the same village small World eh ?

albakos

Arséne Wenger: "I will miss you"
Administrator

Player:Saka
Interesting how specifically Gazidis mentioned Mavro when walking through the tunnel with Unai. Makes you think he has big plans for him.

But then Unai mentioned Mikhi.

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

I think we will see a general improvement across the board. I can't see any one player getting worse unless they choose not to buy in.

It'll be interesting because we all have our favourites and if we are all honest our favourites all have faults and I truly expect to see the faults become less obvious across the board.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

I can't wait for Bellerin to improve. Xhaka too. Those are the two main beneficiaries imo.

AMN as my dark horse too.

Lidl_Reed

Wants a new name
Scenes when Emery teaches Iwobi how to shoot and he gets 40 goals next season and clamours for a move to Real Madrid to replace Ronaldo

Jackie_Treehorn

Player:Martinelli
The players for me who have the best potential and just needed a change of coaching philosophy have to be AMN and Kolasinac.

AMN always seems to show flashes of potential greatness when he gets game time, but also makes some pretty glaring mistakes - the marks of any talented, young player for sure - but he could hit a new level this season if given a chance.

As for Kola, I just want him to succeed. Tank of a man. Shoots like a howitzer. Appears to need some defensive work though. So I hope he makes a leap this year. Nacho isn't getting any younger.

YeahBee

Terrible hot takes
I'd be happy to be boring boring Arsenal again and win 1-0 every game but at the end of the day the fans prefer an exciting game and win, rather than a dull game and win. I was really just highlighting his passion for exciting football but 5-0 would be better than 5-4 :)

Those who favour entertainment over winning are not fans they are children

shootxhakashoot

AMN always seems to show flashes of potential greatness when he gets game time, but also makes some pretty glaring mistakes - the marks of any talented, young player for sure - but he could hit a new level this season if given a chance.
Agreed on both! With AMN the mistakes have been the same ones that Xhaka has made in midfield (a much more experienced player) and are a symptom no structure to our game looking at the midfield and defensive line.
With Kola hes a good player again not used effectively, hes also shown he can put in decent crosses too which is an improvement on Clichy and Monreal actually. Think too much has been made of him needing to play as a wing back in a back five, thats ridiculous to me.
Dont think he will have been used to being used as a **** wing back and in truth dont think he has the speed or engine for it either, dont think there are many that have and that includes Bellerin so that says a lot with regards speed. Luckily a manager with an eye for tactical detail like Emery wont likely indulge this sort of f**kery and will make people aware of their responsibilities.

Godwin1

Very well-known
Feel Wilshere could potentially benefit from the change in manager, poor decision making and positional issues I'd like to see worked on.

thierrytheking14

Scenes when Emery teaches Iwobi how to shoot and he gets 40 goals next season and clamours for a move to Real Madrid to replace Ronaldo
giphy.gif

Reactions: A_G

shootxhakashoot

He'd be worthless playing deep for us, not sure what he would bring to that role?
Yep already been tried and failed by Wenger. He's not a deep lying player, he has some of the skill sets but there is a distinction between having them and them being your best attribute. Its a distinction the former manager long since ignored with players, hence players out of position to force them into the team. I hope the new manager doesnt make the same mistakes.

Lidl_Reed

Wants a new name
He'd be worthless playing deep for us, not sure what he would bring to that role?
Yep already been tried and failed by Wenger. He's not a deep lying player, he has some of the skill sets but there is a distinction between having them and them being your best attribute. Its a distinction the former manager long since ignored with players, hence players out of position to force them into the team. I hope the new manager doesnt make the same mistakes.
I think he'd actually do better starting off deeper and making more late runs. It's ironic but a bit more tactical discipline will probably see him score more goals and create more chances

Lidl_Reed

Wants a new name
I think players like Welbeck, Bellerin and Ramsey would have problems, because they have poor ball control and often lose posesssion due to miscontrol.
On Bellerin, I genuinely think his major issue is confidence. He has these moments when he can take his man on, neglects to do so, and then loses the ball or plays that sad pass back into Iwobi/Xhaka. His touch was very good when he came on and he took his man on then too. With new management, I think that can change.

He also gets zero support down that flank defensively

Latest posts+

Top Bottom