• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Which player(s) do you think will benefit most playing under a new manager?

shootxhakashoot

Özil lives rent-free in my head
Arsenal always seemed very opportunistic in the transfer window to me. Was happy we got Özil back then, later i thought it was more a burden than a blessing. We always get the left overs and not the ones we need.
theres no problem with getting leftovers. Viera, Bergkamp, Henry. All were leftovers/slight failures in Italy the difference is there was thought behind getting them as players. Özil was just bought because of his name (and to placate the fans calling for a big name, reading between the line suspect he is Gazidis' trophy signing) imo rather than whether he would fit or complement the players we already had. Hes a great player but dont think we can rely on him to shift this team to the next level, its been shown time and time again when he disappears when needed the most, hes a luxury player. That's the difference between him and the aforementioned players and that's why all things considered I would have got/would still get rid.. Nobody sane would buy him on those wages now though and that is about as damning as it gets.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
Like every summer right. One day you might get what you want so badly. :lol:
No, I'm actually indifferent these days. I have preferred to see the back of him in the past, but I wanted him to sign his last contract, as you'll probably know. Anyway, just as this wasn't Arsène FC, it isn't Özil FC either. You should start putting the club first. I believe anyone who's happy with the way Özil swans around isn't a club person. I'm glad those days are about to end, and you should be too.

razörist

Soft With The Ladies, Hard With The Mes

No, I'm actually indifferent these days. I have preferred to see the back of him in the past, but I wanted him to sign his last contract, as you'll probably know. Anyway, just as this wasn't Arséne FC, it isn't Özil FC either. You should start putting the club first. I believe anyone who's happy with the way Özil swans around isn't a club person. I'm glad those days are about to end, and you should be too.
Every damn summer you find some reason Mesut is going to be unsetled and leave. Its just wishfull thinking mate. :lol:

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
Every damn summer you find some reason Mesut is going to be unsetled and leave. Its just wishfull thinking mate. :lol:
Not really, that's not true. I've thought he'd leave in the past, but who'd do that when you're offered 350k a week to be a part time footballer? I don't wish him gone--I wish he had a stronger manager, and it seems he's got one now. Things are very interesting all round.

marting

I honestly think everyone will improve. The team has lacked leaders for years and with a manager who let me just express themselve no one was being held accountable. I think if Emery is this tactical boss we are being feed then i expect the team to be more disaplined, Hold a better shape and and more duty bound by the role in the team. I honestly expect Ramsey to have a good season as he spent years under wender being an advanced midfielder in a CM role.

Jae

Assuming he didn't go to another PL team I honestly don't think he'd be the greatest loss.

Edit: Talking about Özil

Last edited:

Taylor Gang Gunners

Say Yeh or You're Making The List
Trusted ⭐
What’s with people hating on Bellerins style and lifestyle choices? Find it pretty weird.

If he performed well on the pitch everybody would be calling him “stylish” and “cool”- like they do with Pirlo and Alonso.

Problem is he had a poor season. So people are attacking his lifestyle off the pitch. The good thing for me is Hector hasn’t become disenchanted and he still wants to play for us. He also strikes me as the type that loves to silence criticism. Bodes well IMO.

Mitch

Blonde Brigade Grand Wizard
Full backs are vital in Emery's previous teams and I can see Kola and Litchtsteiner being his preferred choices and really excelling under him.

I can see the Swiss Pirlo excelling under Emery going on Emery's recent detailed interview talking about the benefit of technical mids such as Alonso and Busquests over an destroyer type DCMs.

razörist

Soft With The Ladies, Hard With The Mes

What’s with people hating on Bellerins style and lifestyle choices? Find it pretty weird.
Well most people hate to admit it, but ‘alternative’ or ‘different’ kind of people scares them. You’ve seen Brexit, it makes sense that a free thinking, independant young man like Bellerin rubs them the wrong way.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
He was our most consistent player up until about Christmas and then ended the season well too. I'd say his season was at worst a 6/10 pushing a 7/10.
Defensively he was quite inconsistent the 2nd half of the season, which I think sticks in people's memory but he was decent every other time. What has suffered is his end product and attacking play. It's dwindled this season and it seems as though he lacks confidence. He's attacked space very well - as he often does - but he's done nothing with the space offered to him. I think that's one thing he does need to improve on overall.

Other than that, he was average rather than poor. IMO Poor is an exaggeration from people who already aren't fond of him for various reasons.

Mitch

Blonde Brigade Grand Wizard
Bellerin wasn't even that bad this season ffs.

I think it's out of Bellerin and Cech for our poorest first team performers this season. Fortunately it looks like we are signing the much needed upgrades in theses two problem positions.

Latest posts

Top Bottom