• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Which Playerz departure were you most disappointed with ?

Jose_Reyes_2005

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
We'r not usually a club that let go of our best players but over the last 5-10 years we have let go of quite a few promising players.

Players like Overmars, Anelka, Pettit, Seaman and Winterburn have all signed for other clubs for many different reasons, but which playerz departure were u most disappointed with ?

I think i would have to say Silvinho. There was a time where he was so good that Roberto Carlos was having to fight for his place in the Brazillian national side. I felt he could be the best left back in europe if he had not got that unfortunate injury.

We'r very lucky to have someone like Ashley to replace him though. But i still miss the guy as he was a great person and a great player. Remember that cracker against chelsea ?!?!?

thegame24

Established Member
when Overmars and Petit left i privatly cried, my bro was also taunting me saying Arsenal are finished etc etc

Now whos laughing :D

dsurg

Overmars ...but Pires is better....Anelka...but Henry is better...Petit...we've never really got some as good to replace him...so he gets my vote

lewdikris

Established Member
Manu, no doubt, because it took what seemed forever to replace him with the Silva/Edu duo and really set us back competitively whilst we did.

kanuuu

Established Member
Overmars was the best player out of them but we replaced him and Anelka with better players so i would say Petit aswell.

asajoseph

Established Member
I prefer to see my Highbury heros retire at the club than sink to mediocrity on poor teams... I wish seaman hadn't embarrassed himself at Citeh...

AFCG7

Established Member
Petit , we missed him the most..the partnership with Vieira was amazing, and he was the best corner taker we have ever had at Arsenal.
Silvinho , my goodness he was developin into a terrific player until we discovered his dodgy passport and sent him to Vigo.. again he was missed because he was such a favourite with the fans and he was better than R. Carlos!
Overmars and Anelka left me disappointed but not distraught and we replaced them with Henry and Pires .
In more recent times i felt we could have held on to Upson and especially Volz, who is probably the best RB in England

A

Anonymous

David Seaman went to Irene Durey, Glenn Hoddles "faith" "healer".

He said she made his shoulder better, then his other shoulder was broken or painful or something else that "age" brings on. He never went back to Irene Durey.

Now David Seaman is doing adverts for Currys about making saves.

Oh dear, Oh dear, Oh dear.

A

Anonymous

Pat's missing Gerbil said:
and havent they all prospered by leaving?!!!

Nicolas Anelka won the Champions League. Playing in both Semi's and Final and scoring in both Semi's if I remember correctly.

RocktheCasbah

Established Member
Rocky Rocastle for me. It gutted me, never really sure just why.

After that I agree with whoever said Wrighty and everyone that said Petit- although it was on the cards.

Aussie

Established Member
And the motto of this story is leave the gunners and you career will go down the ****ter.

KingReyes

Established Member
I think I was most dissapointed with Anelkas departure as he seemed to be the next big thing at Highbury, then for him to leave the way he did really hurt. Also was upset with the Overmars and Petit departure as I started to worry that we would struggle to challenge for honours. Thanks to Arsène i was proven wrong.

A

Anonymous

It is true that we havent replaced manu, but then again i miss overmars the most, although i would prefer bobby and if marc didnt leave bobby would of come, i still wish overmars could of stayed longer and become a true arsenal legend.

Latest posts

Top Bottom