• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Which Playerz departure were you most disappointed with ?

Gooner_Milton

Wrighty

Every bit the legend and Gooner to the core.

second would be Big Tone. Glad to see Paddy take up the Captain's mantle so well.

Mark

Established Member
1. Petit
2. Silvinho
3. Overmars/Anelka

All of those were great players for us. Thankfully we've managed to replace them with Pires, Cole and Henry. We haven't really replaced Petit though. Gilberto and Edu are great but not like Petit.

Jose_Reyes_2005

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Cole is better

I bet if it was Cole who had left to Celta and Silvinho being the current left back u wud say Silvinho is better.

I think its very hard to say whoz better as both were different type of players. Silvinho is way better than Ashley going forward - but Ashley is a better tackler while Silvinho is a better at crossing/shooting and Ashley is better at marking/heading, etc.

They both have different qualities but i dont think you can say one is better than the other.

Mark

Established Member
Jose_Reyes_2004 said:
Cole is better

I bet if it was Cole who had left to Celta and Silvinho being the current left back u wud say Silvinho is better.

I think its very hard to say whoz better as both were different type of players. Silvinho is way better than Ashley going forward - but Ashley is a better tackler while Silvinho is a better at crossing/shooting and Ashley is better at marking/heading, etc.

They both have different qualities but i dont think you can say one is better than the other.

Silvinho scored a hell of a lot more. I miss his goals, they were excellent. Especially the equaliser against Chelsea.

satan_beckham

i argee, in my opinion silvinho is better simply because he play sexy football..and he score hell lots of goals more than cole and is more of a attacking threat..but i admit cole is better when it comes to defending,expecially his goalline clearance...yeah and silvinho takes a good freekick too

D.Dappa

Ian Wright being released was the saddest for me, although when Petit and Overmars went, both together, that was the most important break up of the midfield.

Henry IV

For me it wasn't Wright, Petit or Overmars but Gilles Grimandi. Gilles was a grafter who battled hard during his time at Arsenal and I felt that the Gunners would lose a bit of steel when he left because he was 100% committed to every game he played. I think we could have done with him in that away game with Blackburn in March 2003 when our defence crumbled because of injuries.

A

Anonymous

I was gutted when Schwarz left. He didnt half stand out in our midfield at the time.

Obviously when legends move on you miss them - Wrighty, Rocky etc.

I was more mad at Petit than disappointed he had gone. I didnt like the way he acted, like saying how he would have a word with the Barca President about getting a move for Vieira, like he was best mates with the president. Back fired big time that one.

Pat's missing Gerbil

clockendrising said:
Pat's missing Gerbil said:
and havent they all prospered by leaving?!!!

Nicolas Anelka won the Champions League. Playing in both Semi's and Final and scoring in both Semi's if I remember correctly.
fair point ..........

but his career is still marked by underachievement, poor relationships with team mates, clubs and fans. I would still class him as a failure in terms of potential wasted.

A

Anonymous

Anelka has one more trophy to achieve in order to have won everything (league cup and title, European Cup and European national finals he has won) and that is the world cup. I think he was dropped for Didier Deschamps or David Trezeguet in 98.

Pat's missing Gerbil

pireslogic said:
Anelka has one more trophy to achieve in order to have won everything (league cup and title, European Cup and European national finals he has won) and that is the world cup. I think he was dropped for Didier Deschamps or David Trezeguet in 98.
again all true and very valid points

but he had the world at his feet and chose to kick it away. He is still young but he should be reaching the peak of his game right now..........not carrying second or third rate premiership sides. He had the potential to be one of the world's superstars. If he had been able to handle his personality problems and stayed at Arsenal..........how big would he have been. I believe that Wenger always wanted Titi. The two of them in combination would have been frightening and Wenger could have helped Anelka realise his true potential.

I have to accept that he has the medals but I still feel that he has not become the player he is capable of. He must be the most successful of our leavers but ......

chris66

Maybe outside the scope of this thread but some of the older ones might agree that it was one hell of a sad day when Liam Brady went to Juventus. We went from being a team with a creative genius who could lift a bunch of journeymen up, to being just a bunch of journeymen! It seemed like an indictment that Arsenal could never really be a top club. I was only a kid and I was gutted for months.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom