Who among Ramsey/Özil/Cazorla should be dropped?

Discussion in 'Arsenal Talk' started by sammy89, Aug 9, 2015.

?

Who among Ramsey/Özil/Cazorla should be dropped?

1. Özil

2. Ramsey

3. Cazorla

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. say yes

say yes To Sweet Soulful House Music

Coquelin.

He's totally unnecessary in games like today. Also forces one of Cazorla/Ramsey out wide.

Taurus likes this.
  2. CurryFlavoured

CurryFlavoured Well-Known Member

Özil or Ramsey, honestly I'd like Özil dropped for a while but it won't happen.

James Bond and THunter like this.
  3. Gooner n Proud

Gooner n Proud a.k.a. nasri_8 and Voice of Flamini

Ramsey was our best midfielder today, it baffles me that fans underrate him still after all these years

4. North5

North5 Here since 2009. Still no custom title.

We all know all 3 will be starting at least one of the next 2 games.

5. say yes

Ramsey - Cazorla
    ------- Özil -------
    Pace - CF - Pace

Can bring in Coquelin against the big teams.

6. North5

North5 Here since 2009. Still no custom title.

Disaster waiting to happen with how ramseys positioning has been.

7. My_Two_Cents

My_Two_Cents Active Member

Don't think it's him being underrated nas, it's more people pointing out his lack of tactical and positional nous imo

North5 likes this.
  8. say yes

What does Coquelin offer that he doesn't?

Lad can't pass a ball more than 10 yards ffs.

9. THunter

THunter NOT In A Caravan Trusted

Won't work I don't think. Look at Ramsey today, playing like an AM, Cazorla can't cover for him.

10. Penn_

Penn_ Established Member

Sssh, he runs a lot, that's all that's needed.

ScotVieira likes this.
  11. say yes

I think Ramsey is more than capable of playing a deeper midfield role tbh. Not asking him to play as a DM, just asking him to play with a little more disciple.

We saw it happen a couple of times at the end of last season when Wenger brought him on to replace Coquelin, and he looked great there.

12. Taylor Gang Gunners

Taylor Gang Gunners Shame is a dish best served cold Trusted

Coquelin is still a starter for me, even though today was probably his worst game since his emergence for us. His hollywood passes were actually making me giggle today, some of his switches didn't have a prayer.

A DM was and still is a necessity.

13. My_Two_Cents

My_Two_Cents Active Member

Not even sure that's true anymore, would be interested to see how much ground he covered

14. skillist

skillist Member

Yeah, Coquelin either has to go back to basics, or back to Charlton were he probably belongs.

I guarantee you his Pirlo wannabe impersonation has been encouraged by Wenger.

sammy89 likes this.
  15. Liam Spencer

Liam Spencer Well-Known Member

Ramsey has the tackling, positioning, strength and pace to play a deeper role, which'll spare us Coquelin's ordinary distribution, but unfortunately it is beneath the great Welshman to put in a defensive shift anymore, and is convinced that he has a free role on the pitch so that he can score those YouTube compilation goals.

16. US_Gooner

US_Gooner Well-Known Member

Not pointing the fingers at anyone in particular, but this place gets so poisonous after a loss.

SuperGoon likes this.
  17. RandyMarsh

RandyMarsh Established Member

That was Coquelin's first bad game since returning to us. He's fine. Everyone had a mare today.

Ramsey is way past being transformed into a DM. It would be like have Song there x 1000. Ramsey would go run-abouts every other minute. I'm afraid his desire to score and get forward is too ingrained in his mind right now- it would be near impossible to convince him to stay as our DM all game.

If we're going to drop anyone for the Palace game however, i'd have to go with Özil, as much as i rate him. Think we naturally have to go there with a very defensively minded set up now while looking to not get dominated by their midfield. Can see Özil getting bullied around next week.

Tough decision after how bad Ramsey was today but i think we need to go with a midfield 3 next week.

albakos and Gooner n Proud like this.
  18. Vinci

Vinci The Sultan of Unai

Has to be Santi, although he doesn't deserve to be dropped.

Ramsey adds energy, drive and goalscoring which we are already lacking at times. We have Özil as our playmaker, make him the go-to man for the team who can play the killer pass and the single one at that. Santi will still get plenty of minutes when players need a rest or when Özil has an off-day.

19. hydrofluoric acid

hydrofluoric acid A drama queen, hates most of our players.

Cazorla.

But.

Both the game of Özil and Cazorla will improve when we drop Giroud.

20. Goon_si

Goon_si Well-Known Member

Easy decision this for me, Ramsey.