• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Who among Ramsey/Özil/Cazorla should be dropped?

Who among Ramsey/Özil/Cazorla should be dropped?

• Özil

• Ramsey

• Cazorla

Results are only viewable after voting.

OSBK

Established Member
Ramsey has NO attribute that serves him in the wide position.

To fit the system to Özil's strengths, you obviously have to drop either one of Ramsey or Cazorla, and buy a superior striker to Giroud. One who actually moves.

When I say counter-attack, I mean attacking with pace when stealing the ball from the opposition's half - something we used to do quite a lot. Nowadays we do 50 side passes before attempting to walk the ball in the net.

Our build up play is painfully slow.

Spot on.

£100mill for lewond, i would even donate £20 to make that happen.

cavani misses too many chances

Rain Dance

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Please tell me from your own deduction how did Ramsey fare, as from your own paragraph, he was ****.

The WHOLE ****ing discussion is about Ramsey on the wings, YOU claimed Ramsey was and is a good winger. I presented links from the past supporting my views that he was ****.
Please let's get back on topic, how and why you can be certain Ramsey should start as winger or anything else
Giroud was our main striker from the beginning that season? Okay so why did he only start 2 of our first 6 league games?
Gervinho, Giroud and Podolski rotated that main striker position in the first 6 games, semantically yes, he is our main striker from the start of the season
You say Ramsey replaced Theo but again if you actually did hour homework properly you'll see your wrong again as Theo only started once in the first 9 matches before Arsène eventually bought him back in the team for Ramsey in an attempt to balance out the attack due to Gervinho's injury which lead to Giroud becoming our main centre forward generating a problem in our forward line because you couldn't play a system and expect to succeed back then with Ramsey-Giroud-Podolski
False, if you did your research you would notice Cazorla/Gervinho started as the winger in most of those first 9 games with Ramsey either playing as CM or mostly as subtitution in the 70th minute.
http://www.arsenal.com/fixtures/first-team/results?season=2012/13 check for yourself

We started using 1 midfielder in our wings starting from Schalke loss in October, in narrow win against QPR and culminated in loss against Man U.
We went back to 3 attackers with Giroud-Podolski-Theo and scored 10 goals in 3 matches including 5-2 vs Toothnumb (the other were 2-2 & 3-3 draws) but Theo got injured.
Without Theo, in the next 6 matches we can only score 2 goals maximum

do your own research after this....

If you actually read the article fully you'll see that was a pre match guide. The starting line up was a probable/predicted starters not the actual set for that game as I remember Giroud started his first game for us at the Britannia.
how about you do your research, instead of nitpicking about things that I forgot
here is the match report, http://www.arsenal.com/match/report/1213/post/first-team/stoke-city-0-0-arsenal-match-report
http://www.arsenal.com/match/report/1213/post/first-team/montpellier-1-2-arsenal-match-report

Last edited:

Big Poppa

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Bendtner, Welbeck, Eduardo, Chamakh, Podolski -strikers on the wing.

Gervinho, Walcott, Reyes as a #9 - wingers as strikers.

Ramsey, Diaby, Cazorla, Arshavin, Rosicky, Wilshere - CAM's on the wing.

There is a pattern of negligence here and Ramsey is the latest victim.

I don't know what it is with Wenger and wide players in particular but I fear he is to engrossed in his own work to realise that he's making something very simple more complicated than necessary.

law90026

Established Member
I'm just really hoping its a real injury to Özil and we are not keeping him out because there are thoughts of letting him leave...

say yes

forum master baiter
Answer is clearly Cazorla imo.

Ramsey's drive in the middle/off the ball running is absolutely crucial to us. He's also more of a goal-threat and offers more defensively.

Penn_

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
I'm just really hoping its a real injury to Özil and we are not keeping him out because there are thoughts of letting him leave...

If it led to us getting a WC striker it'd be worth it, no.10s far easier to come by.

Furious

Emery Gone, Telly Back On
Answer is clearly Cazorla imo.

Ramsey's drive in the middle/off the ball running is absolutely crucial to us. He's also more of a goal-threat and offers more defensively.

Then you have to play Ramsey-Coq.. Not good enough, especially not in Europe. We need a playermaker in there, otherwise our transition won't be good enough.

Maxim

I want to know why people think Ramsey and Coq isn't good enough.

played with those two 4 times this season and last.

West ham win last season, Lyon and Chelsea wins and the first half against West ham this season - Which wasn't even a bad performance considering how we've played since!

Furious

They'll have Özil in front of them. Not sure what other choice we have?

Not sure either. I've lost hope with the midfielders we have, we should sign someone, otherwise our options for our midfield-2 are awfully unbalanced. I'm hoping Jack can do something about it, but it's doubtful with his injury problems.

say yes

forum master baiter
Ramsey is a no-brainer imo.

At the end of the day we're not signing another midfielder, which means picking 2 of Coq/Cazorla/Ramsey to play along with Özil.

Coq-Cazorla is far too static - Ramsey is the only one of those 3 with any drive. Ramsey also combines well with Özil.

Furious

Ramsey is a no-brainer imo.

At the end of the day we're not signing another midfielder, which means picking 2 of Coq/Cazorla/Ramsey to play along with Özil.

Coq-Cazorla is far too static - Ramsey is the only one of those 3 with any drive. Ramsey also combines well with Özil.

I agree re. Ramsey, but he needs an(younger version) Arteta alongside, who allows him to make those deadly runs up and down the field.

With Coq he'd have to do to much imo, both control and create the play from the deep, and make those runs.

I really, really hope we sign a midfielder otherwise we're ****ed.

say yes

forum master baiter
Agreed. Schneiderlin would have been perfect but for some reason we didn't go that way.

Reckon an older Arteta is still going to be very useful this year.

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Cazorla is not a CM, think it'll take a big loss at Chelsea to get him out of there.

law90026

Established Member
If it led to us getting a WC striker it'd be worth it, no.10s far easier to come by.
Which isn't going to happen is it? WC strikers are, apparently, impossible to get to move now so clubs are not going to be willing to let them go without a suitable replacement. Can't see a situation where there is a chain of events occurring where we get a WC striker but lose our WC AM.

truth_hurts

but Holding’s hair transplant was painless

It crossed my mind but no way we'd sell our record signing now!

Özil out and Gotze and Lewandowski in though I wouldn't say no to!

Gooner n Proud

a.k.a. nasri_8 and Voice of Flamini
I've already posted on the last couple of pages why I support and understand the reasons why the manager retains him in that position, so maybe you need to go back and engage in some reading!

Okay fair enough Arsène did shuffle the attack around in the first 6 or 7 games but the most common forward 3 was Ramsey-Gervinho-Podolksi which Arsène only broke up because of Diaby and eventually Gervinhos injury that season.

Cazorla did not start one game for us on the wings in 2012 as he was perennially plated as a no.10 behind the striker. In the first 5 or 6 matches:
Arteta-Diaby/Coquelin
Cazorla

After Diaby suffered an injury against Chelsea he put Ramsey back into midfield from a wide forward position resulting in:

Arteta-Ramsey
Chamberlain/Gervinho--Santi--Podolski
Giroud

A few games later Gervinho got injured and Wilshere recovered from 12 month lay off which lead to him going back into the side partnering Arteta. Arsène for a couple of games during this specific period played Ramsey out wide over Theo but soon realised the balance wasnt right, we were too static going forwards & Ramsey wasnt offering anything due to his lack of confidence so Wenger included Walcott in the team consistently for the first time of the campaign:

Walcott------Giroud-------Podolski

Please tell me from your own deduction how did Ramsey fare, as from your own paragraph, he was ****.

The WHOLE ****ing discussion is about Ramsey on the wings, YOU claimed Ramsey was and is a good winger. I presented links from the past supporting my views that he was ****.
Please let's get back on topic, how and why you can be certain Ramsey should start as winger or anything else

Gervinho, Giroud and Podolski rotated that main striker position in the first 6 games, semantically yes, he is our main striker from the start of the season

False, if you did your research you would notice Cazorla/Gervinho started as the winger in most of those first 9 games with Ramsey either playing as CM or mostly as subtitution in the 70th minute.
http://www.arsenal.com/fixtures/first-team/results?season=2012/13 check for yourself

We started using 1 midfielder in our wings starting from Schalke loss in October, in narrow win against QPR and culminated in loss against Man U.
We went back to 3 attackers with Giroud-Podolski-Theo and scored 10 goals in 3 matches including 5-2 vs Toothnumb (the other were 2-2 & 3-3 draws) but Theo got injured.
Without Theo, in the next 6 matches we can only score 2 goals maximum

do your own research after this....

how about you do your research, instead of nitpicking about things that I forgot
here is the match report, http://www.arsenal.com/match/report/1213/post/first-team/stoke-city-0-0-arsenal-match-report
http://www.arsenal.com/match/report/1213/post/first-team/montpellier-1-2-arsenal-match-report

Hertz

Crazy to think I voted Ramsey on this one. As season goes on I'm beginning to feel more it should be Cazorla. On the other hand if we are not signing anyone, we might as well play all three. I thought only two of them should start but the problem is not clear anymore.

Top Bottom