• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Who among Ramsey/Özil/Cazorla should be dropped?

Who among Ramsey/Özil/Cazorla should be dropped?

• Özil

• Ramsey

• Cazorla

Results are only viewable after voting.

Arsenal in Aus

Ramsey was player of the season 2013/14. He's 24.
Cazorla was close to player of the season 2014/15. He's 30.

Ramsey's mix of goals & defensive work isn't available from any other player in the squad. He is the future.

Cazorla's control and passing are miles ahead but especially at 30 he's not quick or direct enough to be a winger.

The combination just doesn't work, but Ramsey is a much more important player in the long term.

scytheavatar

Established Member
@BobP explained Ramsey issue in other topic...
He should play wide a lot still, to develop his game since playing central is where mistakes are dreadful.

No he shouldn't, he should be benched until he can learn to work with his team. He doesn't need to "develop his game", he just needs to get back to being the Ramsey of 2013/2014.

infineon

Established Member
No he shouldn't, he should be benched until he can learn to work with his team. He doesn't need to "develop his game", he just needs to get back to being the Ramsey of 2013/2014.
As I said at the time, Ramsey "got hot" for a period that year, but there was always a question mark whether that was going to be sustainable and whether he would revert back to a more normal level. It will still be a while before we know for sure but he might regain that form and show it was not a one-off or he might not. He was playing at a pretty unbelievable level where just about everything he did came off. Common sense (unless you are Messi) suggests normality will be a bit below that, we are just not sure how much below.

truth_hurts

but Holding’s hair transplant was painless
Santi is the one who can't be dropped in my eyes. We need him on the ball. I believe all 3 can play but playing any out wide is a waste of their talents.

I'd drop Ramsey if forced, he could do a similar job to Coquellin as an all action midfielder but he wants to be Rivaldo for some reason.

vP3rcy

Ramsey should be dropped. Moving Cazorla out wide again was a massive error. Coq/Santi/Mesut should be our midfield just like last year when we had a great run. Then Wenger has to do something he never will. Play two actual wingers in Sanchez and Ox. Preferably with Theo up top.

MrBump

Ramsey is the one that should be on the bench. He slows us down so much and displaces way too many passes. But yeh he runs around a lot and is a nice lad so will always be first on the sheet.

Even though I applaud AW for making subs before 70mins and subbing defenders for attackers but........

Putting our best attacking player at fckn fullback ????? I couldn't believe it !!!
Theo just standing around and bring Alexis on who looked like he just got off a late bus.
It all looked chaotic, no plan at all.

My_Two_Cents

Ramsey is the one that should be on the bench. He slows us down so much and displaces way too many passes. But yeh he runs around a lot and is a nice lad so will always be first on the sheet.

Even though I applaud AW for making subs before 70mins and subbing defenders for attackers but........

Putting our best attacking player at fckn fullback ????? I couldn't believe it !!!
Theo just standing around and bring Alexis on who looked like he just got off a late bus.
It all looked chaotic, no plan at all.
Agree with all of that. He does that panicky 'throw forwards on in place of midfielders' routine every time we're in trouble and it rarely works. We look clueless and surrender control of the game. I'd swear he was no contingency plan for going a goal down and chasing a game - amatuerish really

juice man

Can't make his mind up
Ramsey could do with a few games on the bench. Not that I think he was worse than the rest of the midfield yesterday, but every once in a while he loses focus. Think he needs to chill a bit and bring it back to basics.

WurzlSepp

Has No Chill
People need to realize we're not entitled to win every match, lol. This place gets incredibly toxic after we lose. We have a good squad. They just got complacent yesterday. Manager too.

You are right, problem is that this good squad sometimes just lets us down.
If you play good and lose - no problem.
But those losses where our team just doesn't show up are to many.
When we had those heavy defeats against the bigger teams and also games like that against Westham are ridiculous.
Our team seems to go self destruction mode and nobody understands why.

Rain Dance

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
When is the next Wales game? Ramsey looks discipline last international game, why is different with us?

billyf

Cazorla should be dropped. We can't afford to lose Aaron's physicality and goals from the midfield.

BigDane

Look, all this talk of dropping one or the other is nonsense.
Missing the very vital point that we don't have to drop anyone necessarily, we play an extreme amount of games and need fresh players. It's called rotation and it's vital over the course of a long campaign.

With Wilshere injured I'd even argue we need another body in midfield to keep everyone rested.

RandyMarsh

Established Member
Even if Wenger resolves this problem we have atm and restores balance to the side, we will be back to square one again when Wilshere returns. Is Wenger going to leave Cazorla and Wilshere or Cazorla and Ramsey out of the starting line-up consistently? I doubt it.

We really need to find our best team and stick with it for a sustained period; much like Chelsea last year. Rotation can come in cup games and the occasional swap of 1/2 positions. But i really think we need to get some consistency going with our league line-up.

StrangerThanParadise

Caz-Coq in the middle worked well last season. Cazorla was staying deep and close to Coq to collect the ball, all the impetus was on Cazorla to be the one to set the tempo and spray the ball about. Ramsey has never been that type of player. Cazorla was also very disciplined in that role last season, something Ramsey seems at present incapable of. He's hardly the best technically either, a level below Cazorla in terms of passing, still looks clumsy on the ball at times. I would argue Ramsey would suit playing next to a DLP better, the impetus wouldn't be on him to be the chief passer in the middle and it would play better to his marauding forward strengths. I still think Ramsey can get back to his 13/14 form but for now with Coq as our defensive midfielder Caz is better suited next to him.

It's strange that Wenger has changed the CM set up that worked best last season, it does seem like in a home game that Wenger believes if he plays his best XI players they will be able to break down most teams.

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me
I hate to say it but it has to be Ramsey. I was amazed when I voted to see the vast majority feel the same. Santi has to play next to Coq as he showed last season this is his best position. Özil has to play in the middle as he has the vision that no one else has and can make the differnece with the right players ahead of him. Ox and Alexis on the wings leaves no place for Ramsey.

pikey2000

I agree with the general consensus that Ramsey should be the guy who hits the bench and is used in rotation with Santi/Coq.

He still strikes me as though he is trying to hard to be everything, trying to get goals, make goals, win the ball, spray passes and basically marauding anywhere and everywhere around the pitch - sometimes less is more! Quality not quantity.

Thats why Coq and Santi work so well, Coq is happy to commit fully to a very small aspect of the game i.e ball winning and interceptions and Santi first and foremost is about ball retention and breaks only when a break is on - Rambo could do either role but needs to learn a thing or two about discipline from either of Santi/Coq at the moment.

Sounds crazy to say it but Rambo isn't playing as a team player at the moment - you can see he is busting a gut for the team but by doing that and being all over the place he is letting the team down.

Tone it down and get back to basics.

arsmile

Established Member
our only midfield pairing in our current squad which has actually proven to work properly is coq-caz

ramsey has to go. He can sit out on the wing until sanchez is ready but basically- him in midfield and cazorla on the wing are 2 big problems we've needlessly created by undoing what worked last season

billyf

Look, all this talk of dropping one or the other is nonsense.
Missing the very vital point that we don't have to drop anyone necessarily, we play an extreme amount of games and need fresh players. It's called rotation and it's vital over the course of a long campaign.

With Wilshere injured I'd even argue we need another body in midfield to keep everyone rested.
It's not nonsense. We need players on the wing that have the ability to beat their man.

Penn_

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Ramsey's to selfish these days, should of played the wide open Debuchy in my instead hit a shot wide. Cazorla was in shock and stood there pointing at Debuchy.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom