• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Who among Ramsey/Özil/Cazorla should be dropped?

Who among Ramsey/Özil/Cazorla should be dropped?

• Özil

• Ramsey

• Cazorla

Results are only viewable after voting.

BigDane

It's not nonsense. We need players on the wing that have the ability to beat their man.

You're missing the point.

It's pretty obvious to everyone we need someone more direct on the wing, which we will get when Sanchez is fully fit again.

This does not mean we have to drop anyone, it merely means we have to rotate our players. The difference is massive between being rotated and dropped.

RandyMarsh

Established Member
You're missing the point.

It's pretty obvious to everyone we need someone more direct on the wing, which we will get when Sanchez is fully fit again.

This does not mean we have to drop anyone, it merely means we have to rotate our players. The difference is massive between being rotated and dropped.
Yes it does mean we have to drop someone. Alexis comes in for who? Ox? No way. It's should be one of Santi/Ramsey/ Özil. Rotation would mean that Alexis is back on the bench the following game, allowing one of those 3 to come back into the team.

When Alexis comes back. Someone is getting dropped.

truth_hurts

but Holding’s hair transplant was painless
If one HAS to play wide it should be Ramsey as at least he runs in behind and carries a genuine goal threat. Santi for Sanchez (while he's resting) is so baffling. Theo being benched even more so.

Vinci

The Sultan of Unai

Özil is a certainty at 10 which complicates things. A 4-1-4-1 with Coq holding, Ramsey and Santi in front of him and natural wingers would work well as shown at the Etihad last season. Özil will never be dropped, though.

RandyMarsh

Established Member
Having these sort of players just shows how great our depth is in the centre of the pitch (apart from DM). It shouldn't mean that because they're all in the same squad, they have to all play on the pitch at the same time. It's so important Wenger realises this.

Just rotate between Ramsey and Caz for CM and occasionally with Özil so we can play a compact midfield 3 in big away games. They will all get plenty of game time.

The headache for Wenger should be which ones to play at any given time, NOT how to fit them all onto the pitch at the same time.

BigDane

Yes it does mean we have to drop someone. Alexis comes in for who? Ox? No way. It's should be one of Santi/Ramsey/ Özil. Rotation would mean that Alexis is back on the bench the following game, allowing one of those 3 to come back into the team.

When Alexis comes back. Someone is getting dropped.

Nah he comes in for Ramsey/Cazorla, both being rotated next to Coquelin and a new signing. Can rotate with Özil too when he needs it.

That's squad rotation, don't understand how you guys expect us to line up with the same 11 for every single game. It is possible to rotate and keep everyone happy you know.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

I'd rather Ramsey and Cazorla play, but Wenger has spent the majority of pre-season and probably since he came back in January, basing his team around Özil.

say yes

forum master baiter
The key point with playing either of Ramsey/Cazorla out wide is that neither of them will actually play there.

Both will come inside looking for the ball rather than hugging the touchline and offering runs in behind.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

I actually don't mind Ramsey playing wide right and coming infield because at least then we usually have Bellerin wide overlapping providing the width. Thought for the most part Ramsey wide right worked quite well at the end of last season.

Maxim

Giroud.
If you have santi on the left cutting in, Özil at 10, Ramsey bombing forward from cm and Giroud stood up front like a lamp post that's 4 players trying to occupy the same space.
if santi Özil and Ramsey are all on the pitch you need a mobile striker who's going to move and run off the ball. Or else you get the abortion we saw yesterday.

Gooner Zig

AM's Resident Accountant
Trusted ⭐

I think anyone who's watched our team play with Özil/Ramsey/Cazorla and Giroud as the CF can safely say it's an unmitigated disaster.

How Wenger doesn't see this, I don't understand.

clockwork orange

Blind faith in "LVG filoshophy"
Wenger should just line-up, who he thinks are the best starting 11 v Palace. The team will have talked about what happened yesterday and what could have been done better. They know what they have to do. If Wenger thinks playing the same starting 11 as v West Ham is best, because he expects a good reaction, I'm happy with that if we win.

I'ld drop Ramsey. Others annoyed me as much, but I think it makes most sense.

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

I think we'll see the midfield/attack that finished last season start against Palace, with Ramsey on the right:

Cech
Bellerin Mertesacker Koscielny Monreal
Cazorla Coquelin
Ramsey Özil Alexis
Giroud
In the second half yesterday, Ramsey was moved to the left with Cazorla moving inside. Wenger clearly weren't happy with his greed and lack of awareness, not to mention his positioning.

RandyMarsh

Established Member
I think we'll see the midfield/attack that finished last season start against Palace, with Ramsey on the right:

Cech
Bellerin Mertesacker Koscielny Monreal
Cazorla Coquelin
Ramsey Özil Alexis
Giroud
In the second half yesterday, Ramsey was moved to the left with Cazorla moving inside. Wenger clearly weren't happy with his greed and lack of awareness.
Let's ****ing hope not!

Penn_

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Still don't think Cazorla offers enough goal threat as a CM or even AM to warrant a place in the 11.

Great player but wouldn't start for any title winning side. Outside penalties he no longer scores.

Our best option best on current showings though.

GabeGooner

Still don't think Cazorla offers enough goal threat as a CM or even AM to warrant a place in the 11.

Great player but wouldn't start for any title winning side. Outside penalties he no longer scores.

Our best option best on current showings though.
Cazorla balances the midfield, though. Coquelin intercepts and wins the ball back, Cazorla then dictates play from deep and feeds Özil, who then looks to play in an attacker.

Ramsey offers a goal threat, but he gives Coquelin far more to do, and he takes Özil out of the game at times. All he wants to do is be the main man, score goals and raise his FIFA rating. He's basically a **** Ronaldo, doing what he wants, and shooting from inexplicable angles rather than setting up his team-mates.

Our best midfield is: Coquelin, Cazorla and Özil. When Ramsey stops believing the hype and starts to understand what it is to be a box-to-box CM and a team player, then he will be of use to us. Until then, he's just energetic and occasionally productive. IMO, the form in 2014 went to his head and it ruined him for us. Hopefully he can get his feet on the ground and work hard again, otherwise all his potential is wasted.

Coolin

Doesn't appreciate the mighty Nacho
I haven't voted yet, because I don't know. But I certainly wouldn't drop Ramsey. As much as he loses the ball I'd much rather that than see us knock it from side to side all game. Ramsey's one of the few players that's willing to take a shot on once our passing game grinds to halt around the 18 yard box.

Scandrew

I'd drop Ramsey (he's probably glory hunting, tired of living in Bale's shadow). He's fine at RW but once he starts dropping in to the middle he starts cramping the rest of the teams' style. It's great that he's willing to take shots on goal from outside the box, but please, not at the detriment of the team's balance/structure. Cazorla has the experience/discipline to play and orchestrate from CM without going gung-ho for glory, Ramsey, not so much.

GabeGooner

I haven't voted yet, because I don't know. But I certainly wouldn't drop Ramsey. As much as he loses the ball I'd much rather that than see us knock it from side to side all game. Ramsey's one of the few players that's willing to take a shot on once our passing game grinds to halt around the 18 yard box.
Yeah, but when he plays we fall apart. It's all well and good taking a shot from distance, but it's worthless if they're not going in and we're conceding on the break because he's leaving holes behind him.

Latest posts

Top Bottom