• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Who are our long term right back and right midfield players?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pikeypete

I have picked out a discussion that is embedded within threads about Reyes, Boumsong, new Striker options, general signings and it seems that alot of you feel that our Right midfield is a real problem area. Wiltord might be off; it isnt Freddie's best position; Pennant hasnt cut the mustard, Lauren could be a temporary RM if Toure plays RB and we sign a new CB. No one seems to have an answer, so here is a dedicated thread to the Right side of our team:

Who are our long term Right Back and Right Midfield players? Sensible suggestions please. and include backup players too.

1st choice RB?
Reserve RB?

1st choice RM?
Reserve RM?

Arsene

RB: Volz/Toure (senderous in centre or bring in someone i.e. mexes)
RM: Ljunberg is only 26

Jinn

Established Member
RB - Hoyte, Volz or someone we buy.

RM - Ljungberg, until he loses form - then perhaps Lauren?
We might need to strengthen this area.

The Mini

RB is fine for us in the long term: Hoyte and Volz are young and capable

RM: Pennant seems perfectly good to me, Parlour, Freddie but yeah maybe some strengthening

Pikeypete

What about Steven Carr at RB? AW has always been keen and Carr was the only yid supportive of Campbell's move across north London.

Then I'd play Lauren at RM and let Pires, Freddie fight out the other midfield places.

I still think Pires should play along side Vieira on attackive strategies and play Silva with Vieira on defensive gameplans. Who know AW might even put Pires in the DB10 role next season as a striker and let Fred take the left side.. I'm getting off the subject that I started!

It just supprises me that AW would buy a left footed player in Reyes when the right side is still not world class.

A

Anonymous

it honestly goes over my head how any of you guys rate Lauren.no offebce but he just isn't good enough!

The Mini

Firstly, please dont say yid, as I one. Anyway, we dont need a new RB, we have the German Rooney type thing and the second fastest learner I've ever seen (behind Toure) in Hoyte

Pikeypete

The Mini said:
Firstly, please dont say yid, as I one. Anyway, we dont need a new RB, we have the German Rooney type thing and the second fastest learner I've ever seen (behind Toure) in Hoyte

Excuse my ignorance, what is a yid anyway? I hope I didnt offend.

Webdesignlab

Established Member
You are right that this is our problem area. Freddie is best on left as is Pires.

RB Toure, but only if we sign a CB such as Boumsong or Mexes.

RM? Well, if it is from our current pot I think Kanu and Dennis are probably the best passers we have. Kanu is a tricky bugger, that would kae him ideal, would he settle down into the role though?

Webdesignlab

Established Member
Pikeypete said:
The Mini said:

Excuse my ignorance, what is a yid anyway? I hope I didnt offend.

There is an entenchment in the Arsenal camp that calls ALL Tottenham fans Yiddos, this is from history when Tottenham were mainly a Jewish team, but now that is not true. To the Arsenal fan in the street a 'Yid" is a Tottenham fan, but it is to the wider world any Jewish person, which obviously becomes a racist remark.

I think Arsenal ought to put something in the match programme about this to educate people. I genuinely think that most arsenal fans saying this word mean Tottenham fans and players in general and are not been racist.

The Mini

I know most arn't, but I just dont like people saying that word, as I am a yid in the wider sense

Pikeypete

The Mini said:
I know most arn't, but I just dont like people saying that word, as I am a yid in the wider sense

My appologies Mini.

Lets get back to the thread......

Pikeypete

I dont think we have a RM player that warrants the mantle of a great RM for the best team in the EPL. We shouldn't make do, if we are to buy in the January window surely it is RM not say Reyes who is left footed, Pires and Freddie can play there. Unless Reyes is intended as a striker?

We need a world class RB, maybe that is to be Voltz. Toure should stay in the CB position. And we need a class act at RM. Thats not Lauren, Bergkamp or Kanu.

Webdesignlab

Established Member
I have been racking my brains about this one. Even with a big budget I can hardly think of anyone though. Every time I have mentioned this noone has come up with an answer, maybe that was why Beckham's made his name. He was the ONLY one in EPL who could truly do the job.

RVN looks average without him. Luckily we have Henry who makes his own chances.

Pikeypete

Right thats it, I'm on a mission to find out who we should buy for RM. When I find out I'll let Arsène know straight away.

Who did Becks take the place of from Real?

Webdesignlab

Established Member
Davids? I hear from another thread that his contract expires soon.

I have no idea what he thinks of Arsenal though.

The Mini

Davids I believe is a strict central player, we need someone like Pires, that's the answer Pires on the Right and a LM is easier to find

Webdesignlab

Established Member
The Mini said:
Davids I believe is a strict central player, we need someone like Pires, that's the answer Pires on the Right and a LM is easier to find

Yes maybe you are right Mini, bashing our heads against a brick wall trying to find a great RM, while Pires can do the job. he does however do a fantastic job on LM and I would be reluctant to move him if I was AW.

Pikeypete

Webdesignlab said:
Davids? I hear from another thread that his contract expires soon.
I have no idea what he thinks of Arsenal though.

I read that too. Vieria is a great admirer of Davids but as a central player.

Why dont you do a search on CM4 :wink: and see who fits the RM shoe? Then we have a start. Otherwise we'll have to keep Freddie out of position or move Lauren forward.

Looks like this is an unsolved dilema

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom