• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Who are our long term right back and right midfield players?

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Mini

True, but what is wrong with Freddie? Oh brain wave, you know the American wonder that is Freddy Adu, cant we make him our long term option by moving him from Strike to RM?

Pikeypete

Who is FREDDY ADU?
Speedy and highly gifted, Adu became a super soccer prodigy in the early 2000s. He played his first international matches with the U.S. under-17 national team in March of 2003; he was only 13, making him the youngest national team player ever. Born in Ghana, Adu moved to the U.S. with his mother and brother at age 8 and became an American citizen in 2003. Adu's remarkable play has earned him comparsion to earlier teen wonders like Pele and Ronaldo. In November of 2003, Adu signed a six-year deal with Major League Soccer (MLS) and will join the team D.C. United for the 2004 season.

Extra credit: Some critics have questioned Adu's age, but U.S. officials have accepted his Ghanian birth certificate, which lists his birth date as 2 June 1989... In May of 2003, Adu signed a reported $1 million contract with shoe maker Nike.

www.msnbc.com/news/850564.asp

www.kidzworld.com/site/p1158.htm

Hes not yet a Class RM to get immediate first team action

Feis-al

Then atleast let us appreciate that Wenger has his own magic and may be after all that search not bearing sensible poverty, he went for Gilberto. As for now, I'll let him do his work and I enjoy my matches.

r_blair2

Right to Left: Hoyte, Toure, Campbell, Cole

Right to Left: Pennant, Vieira, Pires, Ljungberg

Hoyte and Pennant have a great understanding to play together on the right shown from success in the youth cups.

Pennant is also a player who can play on the left. He has been played here when he has come on as sub and for the England u21's

The Mini

Pikeypete said:
Hes not yet a Class RM to get immediate first team action

I never said he was, he can be cared for and nurtured until he is ripe and will take the world by storm

Natnat

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

I think Arsenal ought to put something in the match programme about this to educate people. I genuinely think that most arsenal fans saying this word mean Tottenham fans and players in general and are not been racist.[/quote]

It is a very nasty term to use.

There has been quite a few times mentioned in the programmes not to chant it or say it

nnn

r_blair2 said:
Right to Left: Hoyte, Toure, Campbell, Cole

Right to Left: Pennant, Vieira, Pires, Ljungberg

Hoyte and Pennant have a great understanding to play together on the right shown from success in the youth cups.

Pennant is also a player who can play on the left. He has been played here when he has come on as sub and for the England u21's

Pennant is going to go within the next six months, Pires is 30, so not quite long-term.

I'd also question Hoyte at RB, he has'nt hugely impressed so far.

lewdikris

Established Member
If you want any Right Winger in the world - Joaquin of Real Betis and Spain. Blinding talent. 10-15 million would get him.

But can I just say this - and let's get it right - Wenger doesn't play wingers in a technical sense. Pires, Overmars, Ljungberg - all the players Wenger has really deployed with us have been 'inside forwards' in a traditional sense. Their first move is not to head for the byline, like say, the danish boys, Rommedhal, Gronkjaer or Jorgenson, but to cut inside and play THROUGH defences.

So you're looking for a different kind of player.

Bentley might be the future either on the right or left - it doesn't really matter which side you play on in Wenger's system. When Pires and Freddie switch they're just as effective - because finally they're sposed to end up around the front or in the box - which is where both score most of their goals.

Reyes could play either side. But let's forget about him. Probably.

As for Right Back. Let Lauren stay or Volz replace him, but have Toure covering so that Keown and then Senderos can move into the team. Toure's so capable there it's a shame to waste him.

invisibleman18

Established Member
wats wrong with Ljungberg?

these are assuming no signings made for these positions:
Long term right back: Hoyte
Reserve right back: Volz

Long term right mid: Ljungberg
reserve right mid: Lauren
however maybe a signing for right mid could be useful and maybe move freddie into a more central role. i dont think any defensive signings are necessary at the moment.

JazzG

Established Member
When you ask who is a good up and coming RM 2 names come to mind. Joaquin and Quaresma. We won't get either as they would cost too much.

Quaresma joined Barca for £4.8mill which imo is daylight robbery. He is pure class, has superb delivery and breezes past players for fun. Under Wenger he could of started to cut in more, he sure as hell does have the talent.

Webdesignlab

Established Member
lewdikris said:
But can I just say this - and let's get it right - Wenger doesn't play wingers in a technical sense. Pires, Overmars, Ljungberg - all the players Wenger has really deployed with us have been 'inside forwards' in a traditional sense. Their first move is not to head for the byline, like say, the danish boys, Rommedhal, Gronkjaer or Jorgenson, but to cut inside and play THROUGH defences.

So you're looking for a different kind of player.

Actually you are right I never really thought about it like that.

But every now and then when it is a really hard team to finish off (Ajax, Moscow, Fulham? LOL, etc) this old fashioned way of getting crosses in could work. In fact as a back up its essential. Bergy is a king at these passes.

lewdikris

Established Member
But you don't need to be a proper 'winger' to do it - as Bergy's amazing cross on Saturday showed. In fact that goal - pure Arsenal, but kinda different because it ended with a header - showed that crossing might lie with Henry and co with Vieira and GIlberto getting in the box. No-one's gonna outmuscle those muthas.

Mark

Established Member
i agree quaresma is a great talent and may be easier to get than joaquin. ljungberg is a good player but he's not really a winger. if we had a good winger who could cross well and a RVN type striker who scores a lot of headed goals we'd be sorted.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom