• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Who bothers you more?

Who bothers you more?

• Total voters

Jasard

Forum Issue Troubleshooter

About Xhaka its not that he is bad at defending or that he is very slow that annoys me. The guy is top class passer but the amount he make a sloppy passes in dangerous area is just way to much for how good passer he is.

He gambles in a position on the pitch where gambling is dumb.

celestis

Arsenal-Mania Veteran

Broken record here but.

Xhaka is not made for fast transition play. He slows down our game immensely. His qualities (long balls? / availability to receive the ball?) do not compensate for his flaws. Add to that a serious lack of awareness of anything besides or behind him (anything other than in front basically) which causes mistakes that lead to turnovers in dangerous areas and put unnecessary pressure on our defense. As a bonus he lacks defensive ability which forces him to make rash challenges or use his hands for obvious fouling.

He is made for a role facing no immediate pressure, pinging balls across the pitch from the back of the field. That is not the PL.

@celestis
There is a difference between slow in running (which is only one part of speed) and slow in movement of body and play.

In the latter department Guendouzi is not slow at all, he has amazing ability to twist and turn between players with the ball glued to his feet. He can accelerate quickly into space that he frees up by his movement.

His problem is awareness, slow releasing the ball (hogging) and expecting to get the foul by falling over on top of the ball which is way to obvious. All very much coachable. Same as Xhaka he operates in front of defense so any mistake is immediate danger.

What I was referring to was more who BigPOppaPump was going to beat in a race . As for Guendouzi , actually think his ability to twist and turn is overrated and his awareness and positioning is a lot to be desired . Still a good passer with when he is given time .

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

Mkhi because he’s so bloody overpaid and is blocking the path of young players, we’re also gonna lose him on a free because no way in hell are we taking up that club option.

We still need Xhaka’s ball progression from deep so even though he’s gonna cost us points every few games he’s somewhat irreplaceable at the moment. I’m hoping that someone can take on his role but the more realistic solution is that Emery rejigs the team to not need a DLP.

Mustafi doesn’t actually start when everyone’s fit, guy is a deadman walking, doesn’t bother me in the slightest.

PoleInGoal

Player:Tomiyasu
Mikhi for me, everytime I see his Name on the teamsheet it makes me angry. Always feels like we're playing with 10 men because he Looks like he's not trying and constantly gives the ball away.

He has this annoying Habit of always being fit when he's in bad form, then when he finally strings together some good Performances he gets injured and reverts to playing terribly

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
Mkhi because he’s so bloody overpaid and is blocking the path of young players, we’re also gonna lose him on a free because no way in hell are we taking up that club option.

We still need Xhaka’s ball progression from deep so even though he’s gonna cost us points every few games he’s somewhat irreplaceable at the moment. I’m hoping that someone can take on his role but the more realistic solution is that Emery rejigs the team to not need a DLP.

Mustafi doesn’t actually start when everyone’s fit, guy is a deadman walking, doesn’t bother me in the slightest.
This is precisely why Xhaka bothers me the most. We sort of have to put up with his numerous flaws. I'm confident once Emery actually gives the younger guys +Pepe a run then Mhki will no longer feature.

MikeVinna

Established Member
Mkhitaryan no doubt. Mustafi can have good spells in a game where he rarely gets into trouble and then he massively ****s up. With Xhaka you know you’re getting a great passer with some serious drawbacks. With Miki, though, I really wonder why he’s still a professional footballer on such high wages. And he’s only getting in the way of some serious young talent.

Erlis

Only Came To See Granit Xhaka

What a thread opened by someone who almost always failed miserably in his judgments about players hence we see every week new avatars in his profile.

Mitch

Blonde Brigade Grand Wizard
Bellerin.

Out of that list though then easily Mustafi. Glad that he now appears to be fifth choice CB.

Aevi

Hale End FC
What a thread opened by someone who almost always failed miserably in his judgments about players hence we see every week new avatars in his profile.
You're a professional psychoanalyst I take it?

I've defended Xhaka plenty in the past anyway, not sure what your problem is. Bad day?

Shahin Tadjalli

Mustafi is the most shocking don't get me wrong, but Mikyhtarian is worse since he's gonna steel minutes from Nelson/Saka/Martinelli/ESR.

Thats what's pissing me off. The club knows Mustafi's ****e, we know it. But that piss poor shadow of a player that Henrikh is currently wears our #7 shirt.

A shirt number I wanna see on either one of the mentioned 4 youngsters above come next summer. Or on a new shiny signing, but just not him.

Xhaka grinds my gears as well but you'd think with time he'd be less error prone, his long range passing and long shots are outstanding. Dictates the game similar to Kroos at times, but only when hes on his best.

BigPoppaPump

Reeling from Laca & Kos nightmares
If these kids you lot ***** over were that special then Mkhitaryan wouldn’t be taking minutes from them.

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

Xhaka simply because he is a better player than he should be. Has the tools and regularly does brilliant things and then he gives away a penalty or loses possession.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom