• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Who could be next arsenal manager?

Deano

I also agree that O"Leary did himself no good at all. Blowing kisses to Bob did not go down well.

I think that Dennis would be an excellent Manager. He now has time to get some experience, do his badges and travel around the World and get some new ideas. One idea is that he could be financed by the club and kept on specifically to train for the role. He could work with Wenegr so that when he moves upstairs succession is in place.

Loylz

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Deano said:
I also agree that O"Leary did himself no good at all. Blowing kisses to Bob did not go down well.

I think that Dennis would be an excellent Manager. He now has time to get some experience, do his badges and travel around the World and get some new ideas. One idea is that he could be financed by the club and kept on specifically to train for the role. He could work with Wenegr so that when he moves upstairs succession is in place.
Nice idea there mate. Very nice indeed.

shaz

bergs has a good footballing mind. and we always call him "wengers son" in our house cos - apparently - he looks a bit like wenger. ;D

tox

Im expecting wenger to stay with us for a long time to come. But when he does retire in around 10 years hopefully someone like bergkamp, vieira , campbell etc etc will have retired and learnt a lot from wenger about managing. They would be my choice.

Loylz

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
shaz said:
bergs has a good footballing mind. and we always call him "wengers son" in our house cos - apparently - he looks a bit like wenger. ;D
Really. I don't think so. Bergy actually looks older with his receeding hairline.

gooner3

Bergy couldn't be the manager because he doesn't go on planes so he wouldn't go to away games when we are in europe

Arjan

lewdikris said:
British based - O'Leary, grudgingly given some of the stupid things he's said about us when at Leeds. But he does well - and he'd have a hefty budget to play with at the Grove!

Worldwide - Rijkaard. Barca are the only other team as dementedly adventurous as us, and as mentally determined. The comeback last season was down to him, and the football played was sumptuous.

He'd be the man for me I think.

I am not that confident in Rijkaard, TBH.
Rijkaard is nothing more than Johan Cruyffs hand puppet.
Cruyff didn't want to go back to management, but Barca wanted him, so they decided to take a manager with a big name, and a friend of JC.
Koeman is to inexperienced (and crap at managment IMO)
Van Basten didn't have any experience, neither did any of cruyff's former spanish players or Stoichkov.
So you end up with an inexperienced manager who has failed in his previous 2 jobs, for Holand and relegated with Sparta!

I would go for Louis van Gaal, experienced, won everything, with a young and attacking team. And Mourinho eats out of his hand....

Adam

Established Member
Arsène in director role, with TA or DB in a managerial position are noises that have been made for the eventual future. We have a great base of ex-players who would love to work with the club.

I like the thought of Arsène's being the brains behind the operations, with TA being the motivation and day to day manager. I just cannot see how Wenger would take a backseat in anything though - it's not in his character.

Do not rule out Boro Primorac, or perhaps even Pat Rice or Liam Brady - from within the club. Steve Bould is being groomed too.

Loylz

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Adam said:
Arsène in director role, with TA or DB in a managerial position are noises that have been made for the eventual future. We have a great base of ex-players who would love to work with the club.

I like the thought of Arsène's being the brains behind the operations, with TA being the motivation and day to day manager. I just cannot see how Wenger would take a backseat in anything though - it's not in his character.

Do not rule out Boro Primorac, or perhaps even Pat Rice or Liam Brady - from within the club. Steve Bould is being groomed too.
The Pat Rice and Liam Brady examples are possible. They have worked under AW, kow the style we play, and know almost everything AW does by working with him. In many years time one might just be ready to take over when AW leaves or retires.

Mark

Established Member

I'd like it if it was one of them. Someone involved with the club already who knows how it works.

kutz

Hmmm.... maybe....

The problem with that is that the new manager will need to be his own man. Someone else can't spend their coaching career pretending to be AW, they just won't be successful.

As for me, I'm not so sure about Maurinho. While clearly IMO the best manager aside from Wenger, the culture of his clubs leave too little respect for what has gone on in the past. And, quite frankly, I don't think he'd be happy winning everything with an Arsenal team that was already winning everything. He's the kind of guy who wants to make his mark.

Thus, I think it possibly leaves us with Didier Deschamp. Not sure, cos I don't know the man, but he's done a top job with Monaco and would be far technically superior to any of the British-based coaches mentioned earlier. O'Leary simply doesn't have the tactical nous at such a high level nor the experience at dealing with players of Arsenal calibre. (With all due respect to his achievements with Villa and elsewhere. Good on him, and well done.)

A

Anonymous

hehe why?
i love him cos he took korea to semi finals of world cup

Loylz

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Are ou Korean. The reason is he is over-rated in my opinion. I just don't like him.

A

Anonymous

yup im korean
he did well with korea
he turned mediocre players and got the results thru hard work and good tactics
i guess everyone is entitled to thier opinion

Latest posts+

Top Bottom