• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Who else daydreams of Rosicky, Cazorla, Cesc, RVP?

AL the gooner

Questionable film taste
Daydreaming of the players that won **** all, losing to birmingham in a cup final, not a chance.

when I close my eyes, I do see Vieira in midfield, Ljungberg and Pires out wide, Bergkamp dropping deep to dazzle, and just before I wake up, I see Henry striding through defences with brilliant arrogance, that was the Arsenal team to dream of. Never been the same since.

Big Poppa

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Daydreaming of the players that won **** all, losing to birmingham in a cup final, not a chance.

when I close my eyes, I do see Vieira in midfield, Ljungberg and Pires out wide, Bergkamp dropping deep to dazzle, and just before I wake up, I see Henry striding through defences with brilliant arrogance, that was the Arsenal team to dream of. Never been the same since.

While I agree with you, it's been so long now since we won the league with that team, that we've got all these fans who were too young to remember them live LOL.

Cesc is the best Arsenal player they ever got to see.

AL the gooner

Questionable film taste
While I agree with you, it's been so long now since we won the league with that team, that we've got all these fans who were too young to remember them live LOL.

Cesc is the best Arsenal player they ever got to see.

Its all so depressing, and getting worse.

cloista

Cesc wasn't even that good, compared to some of the players we had in that Invincibles squad. I've had the discussion before with some friends that every supporter has a generation of players that they most identify with, usually the ones they see playing when in their late teens to early 20s. I count myself incredibly lucky that for me that generation of players includes the likes of Seaman, Lehmann, Dixon, Bould, Keown, Winterburn, (pre-Cashley) Cole, Adams, Campbell, Petit, Vieira, Gilberto, Pires, Parlour, Ljungberg, Kanu, Smith, Wright, Henry and my favourite player of all time - Dennis Bergkamp.

Hell, my favourite player before we signed Bergkamp was Merson, and while he's proven to be a prize tit as a pundit (as has Adams to be fair), honestly, he'd walk into this current team, coked up or not.

progman07

Established Member
Cesc was great, he carried a bunch of cowards on his shoulders, used to do the job of a deep-lying creator, a playmaker and in his best season he also made up for our lack of goals as well.

We have not played consistently good football since he left.

Jae

We should have signed Cesc back from Barca when we had the chance, think him and Özil would have been good together.

And if not we could have just dropped Özil :lol:

progman07

Established Member
He was great, but he wasn't Vieira/Bergkamp/Pires/Henry great.
Hard to compare, because he played with inferior players, especially in front of inferior defenders. In 07/08, if the referee doesn't cheat and Gallas doesn't cry, we could have gone for the title and participate in the CL semi-finals, 90% because of him.

One other thing, we played better football in Europe with Cesc than without him, I'm pretty sure about that.

Btw I'm not arguing he is as good as them, it's a team sport anyways so who cares.

krackpot

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
If Vieira/Pires/Henry played for us in 08 they would all have forced their way out by 12. And would all be called snakes on here.
we'd have won the league with only Vieira out of those. No need for leaving then

infinium

Cesc wasn't even that good, compared to some of the players we had in that Invincibles squad. I've had the discussion before with some friends that every supporter has a generation of players that they most identify with, usually the ones they see playing when in their late teens to early 20s. I count myself incredibly lucky that for me that generation of players includes the likes of Seaman, Lehmann, Dixon, Bould, Keown, Winterburn, (pre-Cashley) Cole, Adams, Campbell, Petit, Vieira, Gilberto, Pires, Parlour, Ljungberg, Kanu, Smith, Wright, Henry and my favourite player of all time - Dennis Bergkamp.
Exactly. Vieira/Bergkamp/Pires/Henry achieved great things but I remember in 2002/3 how they capitulated in the title run in with losses/draws to the likes of Villa/Bolton/Blackburn. Those teams were capable of incredible football but also some inexplicable poor performances resulted in random draws and losses. There is a reason they never won back to back titles.

GeorgiaGunner

#FreeClaude
Only player in the title I'd take is RVP
We could absolutely use Cesc in his current form, let alone in his athletic pomp. Our distribution from the back / DMs up the pitch is absolutely shocking at the moment. Ramsey fancies himself a supporting striker, and Xhaka sometimes acts as if he's never seen a football (especially when he's under pressure).

DanDare

Emoji Merchant and Believer-In-Chief
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
We could absolutely use Cesc in his current form, let alone in his athletic pomp. Our distribution from the back / DMs up the pitch is absolutely shocking at the moment. Ramsey fancies himself a supporting striker, and Xhaka sometimes acts as if he's never seen a football (especially when he's under pressure).

I want 6'2 players and taller in the spine from now on

Notorious Big

Drunka In Friend Zone
We should have signed Cesc back from Barca when we had the chance, think him and Özil would have been good together.

And if not we could have just dropped Özil :lol:

Wenger didn't want him.He said that we have too much players on Cesc's position at that time.But also there was a little pride and Wenger didn't him back after Barca rejected him.

Jae

Wenger didn't want him.He said that we have too much players on Cesc's position at that time.But also there was a little pride and Wenger didn't him back after Barca rejected him.

Then he went to Chelsea and helped them win them the league (and was also one of the stars of their team), performing better than any of our midfielders at the time :rolleyes:

If the years have shown us anything, it's that Wenger doesn't want anyone :lol: how many other players has he passed on that we don't even know about?

Notorious Big

Drunka In Friend Zone
Then he went to Chelsea and helped them win them the league (and was also one of the stars of their team), performing better than any of our midfielders at the time :rolleyes:

If the years have shown us anything, it's that Wenger doesn't want anyone :lol: how many other players has he passed on that we don't even know about?

Yeah,he was thinking that Jack and Ramsey will become better over some time.We also had fit Cazorla and Özil was there one season.Still,it painful to watch Fabregas in Chelsea's shirt and he should come back to us.

Maybe Wenger was disappointed how Cesc left us in 2011 and all that **** and when Barca didn't want him,he wanted to come back to Arsenal.Wenger didn't want to make easy way for him :lol:

Reactions: Jae
Top Bottom