• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Who Got it Right

samshere

Why so serieuse?
This is more like an evaluation for all transfer sources. We can put the earliest source of any rumour confirmed by a tier one source like Ornstein, or where the transfer has actually happened. Let me start us out with the earliest report of Kieran Tierney:

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Rather than the paper, I’d pick out the journalists.

Last thing you want is people quoting the sun because one good reporter got something right.

Last edited:

OnlyOne

‘Donkeys don’t have a peak, they remain useless’
Trusted ⭐

https%3A%2F%2Fspecials-images.forbesimg.com%2Fimageserve%2F476946862%2F960x0.jpg%3Ffit%3Dscale

samshere

Why so serieuse?
Kike Marin was the first to get Arsenal-Saliba right(just now confirmed by Bouhafsi). Works for el confidential.

Preacher

Always Crying
I saw that, didn't know what to make of it :lol:. Was actually saying that Arsenal were in for Saliba in May. We'll chalk it down to blind quesswork until they get anything else right.
He mentioned Zaha in May also. Don't know if somebody else mentioned it before him(?).

The man doesn't like Huss:lol: a bit random:lol:

samshere

Why so serieuse?
Now that Ceballos is more or less confirmed, I'll update the first source to break his news.
Cadena Cope are fairly reliable so this doesn't really tell us anything that we didn't already know.

samshere

Why so serieuse?
Nicolas Pepe. Telefoot were the first ones on this. They're very reliable, so I don't know why this transfer has come as a surprise.

say yes

forum master baiter
Nicolas Pepe. Telefoot were the first ones on this. They're very reliable, so I don't know why this transfer has come as a surprise.

Quoting my post from the Pepe thread as just looked into this:
So I've just read through the entire thread. Pretty clear who's a reliable source & who is not.

Early interest:
The top French outlets (Telefoot, L'Equipe, Matt Spiro) have been claiming we're very interested for about a year. Ballague also claimed we were interested back in Feb 18.

Original bid, 13 July:
TF1 (first) and then L'Equipe (confirmed) went in strongly on 13 July that we'd bid €80m and have stuck to that story consistently.

Disinformation, 13 July:
As soon as TF1 and L'Equipe reported the story, Ornstein reported we hadn't bid and couldn't afford Pepe. Benge & Watts followed him. Given what we know now, this looks like the club trying to squash news of our Pepe bid before it was settled.

Development, 14-27 July:
L'Equipe have stuck to their guns re. our bid and the other french sources have also reported this very well. Alexis Bernard (apparently the first to report Saliba interest) had details of the bid structure. Di Marzio and other Italian sources started getting involved yesterday saying that we were close. Ornstein (again followed by those ***** Benge and Watts) has confirmed today.

L'equipe, TF1, Di Marzio and maybe this Alexis Bernard guy too = Tier 1.
Ornstein = Tier whatever the club wants him to say.
Watts & Benge = Tier *****. Honestly don't see any point in these guys while Orny is around.

samshere

Why so serieuse?
Quoting my post from the Pepe thread as just looked into this:
Yeah, thats much more detailed thanks for that. Whats interesting is that ArsenalMedia fellow that @Preacher mentioned above was on the Pepe bus as early as May 22 . I'm following that guy from now on. Defo seems to have some insider connection.

Preacher

Always Crying
Yeah, thats much more detailed thanks for that. Whats interesting is that ArsenalMedia fellow that @Preacher mentioned above was on the Pepe bus as early as May 22 . I'm following that guy from now on. Defo seems to have some insider connection.
New ITK don that guy. Deffo worth a follow. He also hates dialsquare with passion, so this is another big plus.

Top Bottom