• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Who had the better season? Arsenal or Man Utd.

Who had the better season Arsenal or Man Utd?

• Arsenal

Votes: 59 84.3%
  • United

Votes: 11 15.7%

• Total voters

Farzad Stoned

Self-appointed Deprogrammer for the Cult of Mik 🟥

Player:Havertz
There’s posters here just pretending to be arsenal fans and the ones who have clearly never had any involvement or understanding of football and have recently come into watching it/been a fan from a distance are easy to spot.

Literally any arsenal fan I know would take the piss out of anyone who would even bring up this discussion, we’re talking about the ****ing carabao cup ffs.
Great so now because we don’t rate a manager we don’t get football or are not Arsenal fans.

Arteta=Arsenal lol. Tell me do i qualify as an Arsenal fan or do i have to w.nk off to the process and positive vibes first?

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Tell me do I qualify as an Arsenal fan or do i have to w.nk off to the process and positive vibes first?

giphy.gif

BigPoppaPump

Reeling from Laca & Kos nightmares
There’s posters here just pretending to be arsenal fans and the ones who have clearly never had any involvement or understanding of football and have recently come into watching it/been a fan from a distance are easy to spot.

Literally any arsenal fan I know would take the piss out of anyone who would even bring up this discussion, we’re talking about the ****ing carabao cup ffs.
This is why I hate trophy discourse like we’re supposed to care about the Carabao cup or Europa Conference league.

Those are tinpots trophies clubs like West Ham get excited over.

Riou

This is why I hate trophy discourse like we’re supposed to care about the Carabao cup or Europa Conference league.

That would be like if my simping for the Community Shield was completely genuine!

Arsenal should be looking at nothing below FA Cups/Europa Leagues as genuine trophies to win, we are bigger than the others...United are bigger than the Carabao too, with their history they are probably bigger than the FA cup and Europa level.

Farzad Stoned

That would be like if my simping for the Community Shield was completely genuine!

Arsenal should be looking at nothing below FA Cups/Europa Leagues as genuine trophies to win, we are bigger than the rest...United should be too big for the Carabao too.
Screw Europa i want all memory of ever competing in the loser’s cup erased from my memory. Not only do i never want to win the Europa league I don’t ever want to compete in it. If you are a team with a legitimate shot at your own domestic league and you play in a top 5 league the Europa is a distraction you can ill afford. Europa league is only bigger than your domestic league if you play in a nothing league. Would i rather win Europa or the Polish league medal, probably Europa. But no way Europa compared to prestige of a Scudetto, a Pl, or La Liga or Bundesliga title. Not even Ligue 1.

Riou

Screw Europa i want all memory of ever competing in the loser’s cup erased from my memory. Not only do i never want to win the Europa league I don’t ever want to compete in it. If you are a team with a legitimate shot at your own domestic league and you play in a top 5 league the Europa is a distraction you can ill afford. Europa league is only bigger than your domestic league if you play in a nothing league. Would i rather win Europa or the Polish league medal, probably Europa. But no way Europa compared to prestige of a Scudetto, a Pl, or La Liga or Bundesliga title. Not even Ligue 1.

I love your passion 😅

Though we have won just 2 European trophies, we can't be turning our noses up at a Europa title imo.

Farzad Stoned

I love your passion 😅

Though we have won just 2 European trophies, we can't be turning our noses up at a Europa title imo.
It is a nothing trophy mate for teams like Sevilla who have literally zero chance at league. If not for the CL berth i would take an FA cup every time over a Europa

Riou

It is a nothing trophy mate for teams like Sevilla who have literally zero chance at league. If not for the CL berth i would take an FA cup every time over a Europa

Glad that you rate the FA cup highly, seen many Arsenal fans wrongly dismiss that.

I don't think we can brush aside a Europa win myself, but to each their own I guess.

Farzad Stoned

Glad that you rate the FA cup highly, seen many Arsenal fans wrongly dismiss that.

I don't think we can brush aside a Europa win myself, but to each their own I guess.

If i could i would blot out the memory of Arsenal ever playing in the loser’s cup. If we win it i will be happy, but at our level there are really two giant trophies that we need to have CL and League. The FA cup is in our DNA and i want us always to be the kings of it

NZgunner

because the word is "better" and not "successful", then it's Arsenal hands down

as a supporter I don't measure my enjoyment as how I felt at the end of the season, it's the enjoyment I've had from August through to May

for so much of this season I looked forward to games and enjoyed results. I enjoyed seeing young players improve and show real signs of even further potential

for sure the last few weeks were disappointing, but the net enjoyment over the full season was so much greater

as far as I can tell most Man U supporters didn't have that sustained period of feeling good about their team, and that is why we've had the "better" season

CaseUteinberger

Established Member

because the word is "better" and not "successful", then it's Arsenal hands down

as a supporter I don't measure my enjoyment as how I felt at the end of the season, it's the enjoyment I've had from August through to May

for so much of this season I looked forward to games and enjoyed results. I enjoyed seeing young players improve and show real signs of even further potential

for sure the last few weeks were disappointing, but the net enjoyment over the full season was so much greater

as far as I can tell most Man U supporters didn't have that sustained period of feeling good about their team, and that is why we've had the "better" season
Good post! Count me to the ones that really enjoyed the season. Yes, the end was bitterly disappointing, but it was one hell of a ride with many excellent results. Although the Nelson goal was my favourite just think about the Villa away game! Epic ending with the Jorginho goal coming off Emi in overtime.

AberGooner

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Definitely us. Yes they won the league cup but they never looked anywhere close to the level we showed for 99% of the season. It was a 2 horse race this year as far as the league went. If anything Newcastle impressed me far more than United this season, especially that period leading up to the world cup.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

Definitely us. Yes they won the league cup but they never looked anywhere close to the level we showed for 99% of the season. It was a 2 horse race this year as far as the league went. If anything Newcastle impressed me far more than United this season, especially that period leading up to the world cup.

Don’t see where the young talents in that squad are. On the backs of Rashford, Bruno and Casemiro they got where they did.

I like Lisandro but almost every young signing they’ve made like Antony, Malacia or Sancho have looked sh*te so far.

All this talk that next year is their year and I still think their squad needs major surgery.

AberGooner

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Don’t see where the young talents in that squad are. On the backs of Rashford, Bruno and Casemiro they got where they did.

I like Lisandro but almost every young signing they’ve made like Antony, Malacia or Sancho have looked sh*te so far.

All this talk that next year is their year and I still think their squad needs major surgery.

Yeah a weird one, almost a false position when you see how far behind they where in terms of goal difference with Newcastle and Liverpool but I suppose the fact is they finished 3rd. I still wouldn't call them a better side than either of those two overall at the moment though.

Rashford and Casemiro when he played really carried them for me. As you say a lot of talk of signings but the likes of Antony was a big investment and he hasn't shown anything really.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

Yeah a weird one, almost a false position when you see how far behind they where in terms of goal difference with Newcastle and Liverpool but I suppose the fact is they finished 3rd. I still wouldn't call them a better side than either of those two overall at the moment though.

Rashford and Casemiro when he played really carried them for me. As you say a lot of talk of signings but the likes of Antony was a big investment and he hasn't shown anything really.

Wouldn’t shock me to see them drop out of top 4 next year.

As you say I think Liverpool were the better team even they finished lower.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
who cares who had better season. Manutd achieved their expectation by being back into top 4 and Arsenal achieved also top 4 so both clubs had similar season us better because we dominated most teams we faced we had amazing record away from home we score more goals. manutd still at early stage next season will be more clear. the Crapao cup is nice but hardly anyone care about it

Latest posts

Top Bottom