• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Who is actually comming to Arsenal?

• Thread starter Anonymous
  • Start date
  • Replies 99
  • Views 5,325
Status
Not open for further replies.

patrick42uk

Established Member
i dont know why, but everyone seems to be looking over defoe (for reasons other than his height). He is a box striker, a poacher. Add to that the fact that he has good technique. IMO he will be good for us. I have a feeling he might be moving in janaury because he desparately wants to play in euro 20004. He wont be cup-tied, so thats another bonus. I just feel Henry and defoe has a ring to it, that combination could work well.

GoonerGurjit

Established Member
patrick42uk said:
i dont know why, but everyone seems to be looking over defoe (for reasons other than his height). He is a box striker, a poacher. Add to that the fact that he has good technique. IMO he will be good for us

All that was said about Jeffers too.

patrick42uk

Established Member
Goonergurjit said:
patrick42uk said:
i dont know why, but everyone seems to be looking over defoe (for reasons other than his height). He is a box striker, a poacher. Add to that the fact that he has good technique. IMO he will be good for us

All that was said about Jeffers too.

lol, whoever said jeffers had good technique must be blind or stupid. if it is in terms of poaching you are referring to, then arsenal in looking for a STRIKER should steer well clear of poachers, so as to avoid reminding you of jeffers. :wink:

JazzG

Established Member
What I don't like about Defoe is he is very small. I think we need someone with a physical presence upfront.

Just need someone to score the tap ins but I got a feeling Wenger won't buy anyone like that....

Adam

Established Member
I hope he doesn't. Because we need more from a player than just tap ins. His all round game must be spot on too. We can't afford to have another Ljungberg who only gets the goals and does little else, especially if Dennis leaves us at the end of this season.

patrick42uk

Established Member
Robben cannot be signed anytime soon. his move from gronigen to psv only happened about a season or two ago, he will probably still stay at psv for another two or three seasons. Even then, psv are notorious for holding on to their star players. If we do sign him, it will be for 20 million plus, so cant see it really. but one can dream....

JazzG

Established Member
There aren't many tap in men who are really all round players. Maybe shevchenko? We need this tap in man to score headers and be there when a ball is flashed accross the box. I've lost count on how many times we have missed out on goals due to us not having one of these players. It annoys the hell out of me as well!

Adam

Established Member
PSV need the money after their Champions League exit. And if Robben hears Arsenal are interested - then i dont think he will resist.

patrick42uk

Established Member
adam, i know you are looking for us to get a player with vision, technique e.t.c to keep wenger ball flowing. however, i'm finding it hard to think of players available with that combination that also carry a threat of being prolific in a season. i wouldnt want us to go in the market for a striker who wouldnt ease the goal scoring burden on henry, because it would be pointless. The only players i can think of who have the vision and technique you crave, combined with consistent goalscoring over the period of a seaon is kluivert and rivaldo. other than that, that combination is very rare indeed.

Adam

Established Member
JazzG said:
There aren't many tap in men who are really all round players. Maybe shevchenko? We need this tap in man to score headers and be there when a ball is flashed accross the box. I've lost count on how many times we have missed out on goals due to us not having one of these players. It annoys the hell out of me as well!

Neither can i. It's a problem because the pure goalscorer type might not work under Wengerball. Someone who can join in on the moves too would be ideal.

patrick42uk

Established Member
Adam said:
PSV need the money after their Champions League exit. And if Robben hears Arsenal are interested - then i dont think he will resist.

but are we interested? wenger has never shown an interest. even the media have never linked him to us and we'v been linked to just about anyone else. Plus champion league exits are common for PSV, it is unlikely they will need to sell, they usually dont have to. If thats the case, Kezman is already going for definate anyway so that should provide some finance.

JazzG

Established Member
Adam said:
Neither can i. It's a problem because the pure goalscorer type might not work under Wengerball. Someone who can join in on the moves too would be ideal.

'Wengerball' needs to be adjusted to let one these players suit our game. I think it could work under Wengerball though, he doesn't need to be in the build up play, he needs to put the ball in the back of the net. Scholes is similar to Ljundberg, his late runs cause big problems. Scholes + DvN work just fine.......

Robben is a good player but according to Arjan he never helps out in defense and is a cheater. Do we need a player like this in our team?

Adam

Established Member
I'm sure a player of his quality has made Arsène aware of him. Kezman is likely to go to Italy. I'd think Robben would stay another year at least because he has just broken on the scene (internationally) and has only been at PSV for one season. But after that, he is a possibility to be a replacement for Bobby.

Adam

Established Member
JazzG said:
Adam said:

'Wengerball' needs to be adjusted to let one these players suit our game. I think it could work under Wengerball though, he doesn't need to be in the build up play, he needs to put the ball in the back of the net. Scholes is similar to Ljundberg, his late runs cause big problems. Scholes + DvN work just fine.......

Robben is a good player but according to Arjan he never helps out in defense and is a cheater. Do we need a player like this in our team?

The problem is we don't know if it will adjust. The team wasn't at its best with Ian Wright and Davor Suker in it under Wenger.

Scholes is different to Ljungberg. Ljungbergs runs are at pace and are alot more highly tuned. Scholes also has a creative element to his game and is at the heart of their moves. Ljungberg is purely at the end of ours.

This player has to be involved in our counter attacking game. To keep up he must have the vision to either create a new option in an attack, or the speed to keep up with the attack and finish it. Otherwise Henry will be even more isolated. We need someone who will take the goalscoring burden off Thierry in whatever manner.

Ooooh, a bit of Arsène magic can change that attitude of Robbens.

johe

I have a feeling Wenger will sign someone we've talked about here, but has not yet been strongly linked to us in the media

thegame24

Established Member
kluivert has it.

he can run with the ball
header the ball
shoot the damn ball
he can pass
he can control

the guy is class when he wants to. did u see him vs real in the second half last week? bloody marvelous.

he will take time to settle cause of his weight, but usually dutch players in the prem are brilliant.

zenden
hasslebaink
RVN
gullit
glen helder (remember him he was decent winger, we even got him in the dutch squad)
overmars

and erm some guy called DENNIS BERGKAMP

JazzG

Established Member
thegame24 said:
the guy is class when he wants to

Thats the problem. He would be ideal but he doesn't care anymore.

Scholes does get involved in their moves but like Ljundberg his late runs cause the opposition problems. No one knows how the hell they got there! Thinking about it thats probably the only similarity they have I've seen a few times ljundberg does have a creative side to him, but as he is usually out on the wings he can't beat players to deliver good balls through....

thegame24

Established Member
he did say though that he hates barca and wants to leave so that he can care for footie again. how old is he anyway? he needs to be revitalised.

Mark

Established Member
i think wenger could help kluivert. when henry was going through a bad time at juve, wenger really helped him, i think all kluivert needs is for someone to have faith in him again. if we gave him a chance it might help his confidence and if he can find his old form he'd be excellent for us.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom