• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Who is behind Mad Jens?

GoonerLuke

Sounds like Stack is having some solid games, but Taylor has more experience. With the two of them being so close in age, I can't see them both sticking around for much longer. Who would you want to see in goal if Mad Jens picked up an injury (knock on wood)?

leongsh

The goalkeeper pecking order has Stuart Taylor - he is the one with the experience right now - ahead of Graham Stack. Graham Stack still needs more games at the senior level to get there.

satan_beckham

what about shabaan when hes back?last season when seaman is injured,it was him who played and not taylor,taylor onlyed played when shabaan got injured,so when shabaan is back,think he will be second choice

Taozhe

depends on who is performing better, shabann just got back from a long term injury so i guess it'll be taylor

beaney

Rami is back from injury now and is playing some games for the reserves.

he now has a site on icons.com, only recently though so keep an eye out there for his progress.

when he played beofre he broke his leg, he looked quite good, so id certainly like to see him challenging jens for the 1st team spot.

although i think jens is doing a very good job!

thierrys_girl

Established Member
Shaaban was reliable last season and im sure he will play well if(touch wood) Lehmann gets injured. A couple of games with the reserves will give him his comeback therefore ready to sit on the bench to be used in cause of emergency.

GoonerGurjit

Established Member
I think Stack has enhanced his chances and has gone in the pecking order. Shaaban's got a lot of work to do to get back in the picture.

Adam

Established Member
Stack is actually quite small - more of a Shay Given, while Taylor is a Van Der Sar. I think this might help ST. We know that Bob Wilson rated the latter as the greater prospect.

Shaaban is good with his legs and is commited. I think he will be a good goalkeeper - perhaps not number one standard.

nnn

Taylor is still no.2, hes the only one with a decent amount of premiership and CL games, Stack looks shaky anyways.

SydneyGunnerFan

lehmann has played very well this season and i am behind him 110% i reacon he is better then taylor and he better not start taylor because he knows lehmann has been his savour this year aswell as some other players

patrick42uk

Established Member
IMO the most lehmann will have is a season. He hasnt convinced me at all. In the majority of his games, he flaps at corners and crosses. The saves he has made have been average at best, routine for any keeper. Taylor fills me with more confidence. Anytime he comes in he has always impressed. In fact i cannot recall any glaring mistakes by him, which is unusual for a keeper. The test for him would be to show he is capable over a long period. I'm convinced at any other premiership club, he'd be challenging james kirkland and robinson for a spot in the england team. I hope wenger is brave enough next season to make taylor number 1.

Natnat

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
I like both Graham and Stuart so can not make my mind up between them.
Rami got lot to do to pull himself up in pecking order

A

Anonymous

I think Taylor is no.2. Yesterday I tried to watch West Brom's game to see Stack in action, but I couldn't.

Sammer

Established Member
patrick42uk said:
IMO the most lehmann will have is a season. He hasnt convinced me at all. In the majority of his games, he flaps at corners and crosses. The saves he has made have been average at best, routine for any keeper. Taylor fills me with more confidence. Anytime he comes in he has always impressed. In fact i cannot recall any glaring mistakes by him, which is unusual for a keeper. The test for him would be to show he is capable over a long period. I'm convinced at any other premiership club, he'd be challenging james kirkland and robinson for a spot in the england team. I hope wenger is brave enough next season to make taylor number 1.

You must have seen different games then. So buying Lehmann was a bad deal?

vin de guerre

I think to a great extent fans are being far too critical when appraising our goalkeepers' performances. I believe we have a great crop of stoppers to choose from at present. To be honest looking now back on last season I can only regret we did not let Big Dave out to graze earlier. Lehman, Taylor and Stack have done the business and all will make their specific mistakes along the way but I trully believe the future is bright and the future is Arsenal.

satan_beckham

of touch wood,later lehmann get injured,i think stack will play,mainly because other than lehmann himself,it was stack who played the most never mind if its just the carling cup,taylor and shabaan would be rusty without those match practice and it isnt good to just throw them in the epl straight..so stack have a edge over them

XxGoonaStuxX

Lehmann is a great keeper. but in te unlikeley event of him being out or not available for selection I would pick Stuart Taylor as our No2. Reason being is because Stuart had much mor experience than Stack, is older and even filled in a bit last season when Seaman and Shaaban were out. He even deputised in the Arsenal - Manchester united game at Highbury. Some great experience for him and he is also very tall and giftedyoung keeper.

I think that, unless one watches the reserves every week, it is really hard to judge on so little. I have been really impressed with Lehmann's control of his box, likewise with Stack last night - but I've not seen much wrong from the little we have seen of Taylor and Shabaan either - apart from Taylor's horror story with Riise's goal a couple of years ago; a very simple error of judgement on his part

Latest posts+

Top Bottom