• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Who is going to be shipped out?

Status
Not open for further replies.

titi

It looks like Wenger is been given money in January, does this mean the end of the road for some squad players. It seems that Wiltord, Kanu and Dennis B (who are all out of contract in the summer) will leave at some stage with Dennis the only one guaranteed to stay until the summer. But what about all the players out on loan like Gio, Pennant, Volz and jeffers. My opinion would be that none of these players are going to make the First team on a regular basis so Wenger lets them go on loan to push up the market valuations. Interested to read other people's view on this.

thierrys_girl

Established Member
I think pennant will return to Arsenal and get a first team start. He has done well at Leeds and im sure Wenger is impressed by that. Bergie has done well so far this season and he might have another season in him IMO.

Andrew

I agree that all those you mentioned might leave. Penannt may have a future but even Wenger said he will find it difficult to displace Ljungberg.

I think we should cash in on Gio. Barcelona have the money don't they? We should also cash in on Wiltord because he seems a lost cause. It would be nice to sell Jeffers but do we have any takers?

But I think Volz and Pennant will return. But if we sell I think it should/could be:

Wiltord - 2 million (half a year left on his contract so anything will do)
Gio - 4 million (why not? If Barcelona really want him)
Jeffers - 2-4 million if we're lucky
Pennant - 6 million
Volz - 4 million

Arsenal316

Well, I personally think Wiltord, Bergkamp, Kanu, and Keown won't be back next season.

As for our loans, I think if Leeds get under solid ownership, they will look to make Pennant's loan deal an permanent transfer. I think Gio will eventually be sold to Barcelona for a price, and as for Jeffers, he will either stay with Everton for the season, or he'll be sold to them at a very cheap price. Volz will probably remain with Fulham for the season.

As for newcomers in January, I think Wenger will try to go for Smith. But once Leeds are under solid footing, he won't be sold. Darius Vassell's contract runs out in a few months, I could see Wenger going in and picking him up for a low cost. Whether he signs him to a long-term contract is anybody's guess.

Long term, Wenger needs to bring at least one forward. If Bergkamp retires, bring in another one. Kluivert, Reyes, and Eto have been mentioned by everybody else here. But I know that none of these three will be coming in January, so debating about these three is a waste of time.

They might come after the season is over, but not before.

nnn

WIltord will leave,1-2 mill
Pennant will stay at Leeds, to be sold in the summer, for around 3 mill.
Jeffers will stay at Everton, to be sold/released in the summer. 1 mill
Kanu will stay, to be sold/released in the summer. 2 mill
Gio will stay at Barca, to be sold in the summer, will probably not even come back to London. 3 mill
Volz will have his loan extended, to return and start as right back next season.

Bergkamp will get a new contract if he continues to chip in with god performances, and as long as he wants to stay, hopefully will stay on in coaching/scout role.

Jinn

Established Member
Wiltord will be sold, Kanu will see out his contract.

Everton should buy Jeffers I think, and Leeds may get Pennant on loan for another year, perhaps.

Andrew

Arsenal316 said:
Well, I personally think Wiltord, Bergkamp, Kanu, and Keown won't be back next season.

As for our loans, I think if Leeds get under solid ownership, they will look to make Pennant's loan deal an permanent transfer. I think Gio will eventually be sold to Barcelona for a price, and as for Jeffers, he will either stay with Everton for the season, or he'll be sold to them at a very cheap price. Volz will probably remain with Fulham for the season.

As for newcomers in January, I think Wenger will try to go for Smith. But once Leeds are under solid footing, he won't be sold. Darius Vassell's contract runs out in a few months, I could see Wenger going in and picking him up for a low cost. Whether he signs him to a long-term contract is anybody's guess.

Long term, Wenger needs to bring at least one forward. If Bergkamp retires, bring in another one. Kluivert, Reyes, and Eto have been mentioned by everybody else here. But I know that none of these three will be coming in January, so debating about these three is a waste of time.

They might come after the season is over, but not before.

I thought Vassell signed a new contract at the beginning of the season?

satan_beckham

dont think anyone will buy wiltord for 2 million,at most is below 2 million like lee bowyer last season,he cost west ham only 250k,so dont expect so much from him.Pennant will stay wif us otherwise wenger wont go through all those trouble of not letting him play against us in FA Cup,volz too is a great talent. Gio maybe go with kluivert in exchange,as for jeffers i really dont think everton will want him,he still havnt score a goal for them yet.

Aussie

Established Member
we must sell wiltord so we at least get something for him.
The money we get for him can be put towards a new striker to partner henry and theycan become the best strikeforce in the world.

wellman69

Andrew said:
Pennant - 6 million
Volz - 4 million

all good and well.......nice prices too.....

but are there buyers out there?????

who is going to pay for something they can get for free??

and as for the others.........basically we will be lucky to get half the price..

Superdudes

i won't sell volz and pennant.. maybe jeffers and gio.. but not the former two.. volz and pennant will come back next season, having the experienced needed.. thus the formation of next season will be,

lehmann
volz toure campbell cole
pennant ljungberg viera pires
henry aliadere

thats what i think it will be.. if no new signings were to brought in.. if there's no selling either..

though i think wenger will offload wiltord.. for maybe a million..
jeffers.. a million too..
kanu.. another million..
bergy will leave us..
cygan might be adamant to leave us too.. that will cash in 4 million perhaps..
gio traded for kluivert..

thus by next season, we will have offload 6 average/past the prime players and brought a world class player with profits of around 7 million.. and with the 7 million receive and the dough we have..will have a bit more than 23 million for new transfers..
might bring in defoe..
smith will be a good replacement (for wiltord) as he can plays as a striker and a winger..
this 3 strikers, (defoe,smith and kluivert) plus henry and aliadere will be a more than sufficient replacements for bergy, kanu, wiltord and jeffers..

there's no need to buy replacement midfielders as gilberto, parlour, lauren and edu will still be here..

same goes for the defence as there will be keown, hoyte, clichy and senderos..

though i think an experienced midfield and and also an experienced defence player will be brought in.. for depth purposes..

Alexone234

Apart from Gio and Pennant, non of our other potential depatures have a market value.

Wiltord is not leaving this winter, which means we will get zilch
Kanu ain't worth sh-it because he wont leave until his contract ends
Jeffers may fetch around 2 million, but I can't see him being worth more to anyone

DB10 has done enough to get another year, he has been great so far this season, better than Wilturd or Kanu.,

invisibleman18

Established Member
get Pennant back. great goal for leeds last week he is going to be a great player if he gets the chance here. i also wouldn't mind ( as i have said on other threads) Ian Wright to lure his son here. hes a damn fine player. offload kanu, wiltord, gio, jeffers.

Andrew

wellman69 said:
Andrew said:
Pennant - 6 million
Volz - 4 million

all good and well.......nice prices too.....

but are there buyers out there?????

Just guessing:

Wiltord - Monaco or some other frech club. We shouldn't be short of buyers in France.
Gio - Barcelona obviously
Jeffers - Can't see anyone buying him during January... At the end of the season maybe to Everton.
Pennant - We wont sell him for at least another couple of seasons.
Volz - We won't sell. But Fulham, Bayern or some other German club will show interest.

But yes, Wenger's said that we won't sell but if we do then Wiltord is the only one we have a chance of getting rid of. Gio is likely to move permanently but he's on a season long loan so Barcelona won't buy yet.

Stim

If we want to get Alan Smith then we need to do some bargaining, basically make a deal that involves Pennant + cash for Smith. I'm sure Leeds will be tempted by this and will most likely give in and sell.

jc8gooner

Wenger's stated that nobody will leave in January.
That is exactly what I was going to say. Arsène has also sid that he is not desperate to sign anyone and that he thinks we have the squad to win the league this season. i am inclined to agree with him, but we will need players like Wiltord, Kanu, and Gilberto to be at their best.

Mark

Established Member
i think volz and pennant have both done very well for fulham and leeds and could have a future here. i would rather we gave them a few chances before we go and sell them. as for gio and jeffers, they should go. even though i think gio is a good player we don't really need him and jeffers is awful. wiltord will probably leave for free. i dont know about bergkamp and kanu. both have done well so far this season.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom